2004 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

2nd EAD and AP

Thanks AM_OPTIMISTIC,
I will take my chance and apply to renew only for my EAD and AP. My wife has no intension of working or going out of country till now. Her H4 is not valid now... so what proof will she be having of her legal status in Country? :confused:
Bocondo
AM_OPTIMISTIC said:
EAD you need to apply if u intend to work. In your wife's case, since she is not working, you don't need to apply for an EAD for her.
AP you need to apply if u intend to travel. Now if your wife needs to travel out of country and back and doesn't have a valid H-4, in that case you would need a AP for her.
Hope this helps..

Hi,

Can you please let me know what is your approval date on I 140 as your lawyer recieved it today , it cannot be 05/23.

I have replied my RFE on 05/11 and there were LUD's on 05/12 and 05/18 but there is no message change.

Thanks,

gcalb said:
My I-140 approved. Got an email from my attorney, they received the approval notice today. The website status is not updated till now!!
So, guys do not rely on LUDs.

monishd said:
Guys:

I dont post much (just read) on this forum ... cause I dont have much hapenning at my end.

I applied I140 in Feb 2005. My attorney received a RFE - it took a long time for it to reach him - the message on the website had changed a longtime ago.

the RFE say it is about Ability to Pay - I wanted to know what is this about. My attorney has not asked any documents from me but says he will work with the employer and take care of the same.

What is this Abilitu of Pay RFE ?

- monishd
You can find more on Ability to pay issue in this following thread:
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=137088

bocondo said:
Thanks AM_OPTIMISTIC,
I will take my chance and apply to renew only for my EAD and AP. My wife has no intension of working or going out of country till now. Her H4 is not valid now... so what proof will she be having of her legal status in Country? :confused:
Bocondo

She is right now on "I-485 Pending". That's her LEGAL status. She will only need a AP if she needs to go out of the country and come back...
Hope this helps..

Congrats, gcalb....good luck for your speedy 485 approval as well.

gcalb said:
My I-140 approved. Got an email from my attorney, they received the approval notice today. The website status is not updated till now!!
So, guys do not rely on LUDs.

485 Message, 140 still pending

Hi guys,

Need help - gurus, anyone...

With my 140 still pending I got a message change on my 485.

"On May 22, 2005, we responded to your request for more information
concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30
days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case
status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or
advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please
contact the National Customer Service Center.
"

Is this a RFE?

Can anyone tell me if the RFE/Response will come to me or the lawyer and whether I can reply to that. If my lawyer has to reply then it will take months :mad:

Also can someone tell me why they are working on the 485 while the 140 is still pending?

Thanks guys, this process now seems longer than ever.

ronbans said:
Hi guys,

"

Is this a RFE?

Can anyone tell me if the RFE/Response will come to me or the lawyer and whether I can reply to that. If my lawyer has to reply then it will take months :mad:

Also can someone tell me why they are working on the 485 while the 140 is still pending?

If you did an address change you will get this message. I don't think it is an RFE. If you filled form 693 (?) giving authorization to attorney, RFE will be received by the attorney.

Did you call USCIS for address change or Inquiry on your case ?. I dont think its REF.

ronbans said:
Hi guys,

"

Is this a RFE?

Please update the VSC tracker with my information

EB2-NIW I-140 and 485 (concurrent)
RD - 07/01/2004, ND - 07/07/2004
EAD - 08/18/2004 (did not use EAD till now, maintaining H1 status)
FP - 04/05/2005
I-485 LUD - 04/27/2005
I-140 LUD - 07/07/2004 (same as the notice date)

Thanks guys

Hi GCNov2004, mailgc2001,

Thanks for your quick response...I did have an address change, but that was May 9th of this month. Anyway I guess I will wait for the response to come my way. Your response put me at ease a little bit, thanks!

I guess will try and call VSC tomorrow to make sure what is going on...
My buddy also told me that VSC is not sending proper messages thru the Case Status Online, maybe this is another error in message?

GcNov2004 said:
If you did an address change you will get this message. I don't think it is an RFE. If you filled form 693 (?) giving authorization to attorney, RFE will be received by the attorney.

mailgc2001 said:
Did you call USCIS for address change or Inquiry on your case ?. I dont think its REF.

I-485 ND May 20 2004- approved finally!

My I-485 is finally approved. Sudden surprise in my mail box today. There are no LUDs, no approval email, even now. Last LUD was on March 10 when my FP results were received. The approval date was May 17 2005 and I came to know when I got the actual notice in mail. My wife's case is still not known whether approved or pending. There are no emails in her case also. We got only 1 approval notice for me.
I dont know what triggered the approval but the desperate waiting time seems to be over. We applied for EAD2 ext on May 11 electronically. Gave finger prints for EAD on May 18 but may be the I-485 was already approved by then. Looks like USCIS wants money and are waiting for EAD extensions.
The notice clearly said that I need to take an infopass appointment at nearest USCIS office and go for stamping.
It would be better if we got spouse approval also.
This indicates that the LUD system may not be working properly. I have only two LUDs in my whole I-485 journey. The total GC took 3 yrs 2 months. The approval notice indicated my PD, 485 RD and the approval notice date. Finally came to know about approval after 6 days.
I wish goodluck for everyone else suffering in greencrad process.
Thanks.

Cool!

WantGCIn2005 said:
My I-485 is finally approved. Sudden surprise in my mail box today. There are no LUDs, no approval email, even now. Last LUD was on March 10 when my FP results were received. The approval date was May 17 2005 and I came to know when I got the actual notice in mail. My wife's case is still not known whether approved or pending. There are no emails in her case also. We got only 1 approval notice for me.
I dont know what triggered the approval but the desperate waiting time seems to be over. We applied for EAD2 ext on May 11 electronically. Gave finger prints for EAD on May 18 but may be the I-485 was already approved by then. Looks like USCIS wants money and are waiting for EAD extensions.
The notice clearly said that I need to take an infopass appointment at nearest USCIS office and go for stamping.
This indicates that the LUD system may not be working properly. I have only two LUDs in my whole I-485 journey. The total GC took 3 yrs 2 months. The approval notice indicated my PD, 485 RD and the approval notice date. Finally came to know about approval after 6 days.
Thanks.

Dude, Congratulations!! Good luck and have a blast. And, hold the door for us :)

WantGCIn2005 said:
My I-485 is finally approved. Sudden surprise in my mail box today.
Thanks.
Congratulations WantGCIn2005!
Good to see your approval. Now you do not need to worry about scanning those 600+ cases for your ND anymore :)
Best of luck for your wife's case and your PP stamping.

Update

Wife got her Cards in post yesterday but for me LUD is still 5/12/2005 ..got PP and FP done on 5/6/2005 together ..waiting for an update for myself...
does any one else has exp. same thing ie. family member got the cards and other still waiting for any updates after PP.

Thanks
Harsh

Address Change and the Message

I also changed my address, and got this message/email after two days. Not to worry.("No big deal" - that is what my lawyer said.).
Good luck.

Thanks Sree and April2004filer.

Sree....
I came to know yesterday, the approval date is 18th May. Office got an approval letter. They handed it to me that's when I came to know the approval date.

April**, not much hope of speedy 485 approval, there are a lot of members who have ND dates before me. Just happy to have gotten past 140 stage!

Cheers!

WantGCIn2005 said:
Thanks.

WantGCIn2005,

Congratulations!

extremely glad to see someone with last LUD on 03/11 to get an approval. It gives some hope... maybe I should apply for EAD renewal too ? hmmm....

what's needed to apply for EAD renewal online ? I do not want to make color passport copies and go for pictures again... it that possible ?

thanks.

retrogression,possibility that vsc is interpreting the dates wrong..

EB3 retrogressed Guys,
Not posting this to create panic..But i saw this guy's letter and it is really ridiculous that some VSC reps are intrepreting the EB3 current date as 2001 June (01/Jun/02) instead of Jun2002..
It is a real possiblity that genuine cases which should have been approved by now has gone to the retrogressed bin bcz of this mistake..

http://immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=176198

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the same emails (4 for me , 4 for my wife) today, I changed the address
in the first week of May, However I havn't send the AR 11 form yet. Did you send the AR 11 form?

GcNov2004 said: