2004 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

Cool Patnams. I just looked at your comment. I knew what exactly is going on for the last two days when I didn't check the forum. Keep it up.

Updated Tracker

karurama: Replied to RFE on 140
BullishFreak: (New Entry) 485 Approved 05/09/05, EB2 ND, Nov 2004
tazochai: 485 approved 05/10/05
su2004: 485 Approved 05/11/05

My Details

EricS said:
Once 140 is reopened, you will know that MTR is accepted. There is only one case where I saw that even after reopening the 140, they denied it (user Kmol60), but ususally, once 140 reopens, it gets approved.

Do one thing, put all your dates here, like
Your H1 start date ... Jan-1998
Spouse H1 start date April 2000
Spouse LC filed xx/yy/zzzz..... you get the point.
It will be much more easy to recommend what and how you should proceed with your H1/H4.

OM SAI RAM!

Hi Eric,

See my details below.

First H1 - Aug 2nd 1998

Six years done Aug 1st 2004

7th year extened based on pending labor. (valid upto Aug 1st) and got lay off in june 2004.But no revoke of 7th year H1

With same labor pending 7th year extended with other company. Valid upto Aug 1st 2005.

My wife details

Came on H4 in Sep 2000

Transfered H1 in Mar 1st 2001
Working with same employer since then and applied Labor dec 2002( receipt date)
Based on her labor approval concurrently applied 140 and 485 ( including me) on Sep 1st 2004 and AP and EAD approved for both of us and also for my daughter.

Her H1 is valid upto Nov 2006 .

Now my H1 is expering on aug 1st , as I came to know that I can't move to H4(any one type is valid only 6 years), I can't move to EAD as our 140 and 485 was denied.I can't extend my H1 any further as I am not a primary applicant.

Now , can you tell me what are all possibilities and how I have to handle the situation.

Do I leave the country if my wife's case is penidng upto Aug 1st.

Thanks,
Karunakar

More LUD-s

Hi gurus,

Could anyone predict what is happening to my case now?
140 RFE replied 04/22 - LUD-s on 25th, 27th, 28th no message change
485 - LUD on May 6th for address change for me
485 - LUD on May 6th for FP Received for my wife (what about mine?)
485-s and 140 - LUD with no message change again on May10th

JK told me that they are internally reviewing the file - I guess they are reviewing a lot? I am tensed and scared here...anyway, all I can do is wait - if anyone can shed some light, been in a similar situation?

Thanks guys - Roni

Last edited by a moderator:
Check post #8868
I already answered that you can stay here definitely on H4 as long as primary's H1 is extended. (exempted from 6 yr cap)

One more thing, but not quite sure, if you know the status of your pending LC, like if its still pending, you can use receipt of LC, to extend one more year, like you did for 7th yr H1 ext.

karurama said:
7th year extened based on pending labor. (valid upto Aug 1st) and got lay off in june 2004.But no revoke of 7th year H1

cards received!!!

Received the cards. I am officially done. :)
Feels good.
The card is not so attractive, but my picture on it is pretty ;)

wait_4ever said:
Received the cards. I am officially done. :)
Feels good.
The card is not so attractive, but my picture on it is pretty ;)

jeez! If you'd known this earlier, you would have just gone to picture people instead.

:) ENJOY!!

I-485 Approved

Hello everyone, I want to share this good news with all that my spouse & my I-485 got approved today. I can't thank enough to all of you in this form who shared such valuable information. Also special thanks to JK who willingly shared legal advice without any expectation. Also jpanchal & others who maintained the spreadsheet. Good luck to all who are still waiting for approval.

PD:-EB3-SUB-Dec. 1998
140/485/EAD/AP=>ND:-06/30/04
EAD-AD:-09/10/04
AP-AD:-10/07/04
140-AD:-11/18/04
485:- 05/11/2005
FP:-Completion Date:- 04/07/05
1st LUD#04/07/05
2nd LUD#04/08/05
3rd LUD#04/22/05

GClaststage said:
Hello everyone, I want to share this good news with all that my spouse & my I-485 got approved today. I can't thank enough to all of you in this form who shared such valuable information. Also special thanks to JK who willingly shared legal advice without any expectation. Also jpanchal & others who maintained the spreadsheet. Good luck to all who are still waiting for approval.

Congrats and enjoy your freedom!!

nearing the end... of the journey

TempNirvana said:
I agree with Jharkhandi. When I spoke to the VSC agent yesterday, she indicated that the system updates are not happening properly. I sure hope your card has been ordered... Good Luck.

whaddayaknow.... fellas...........

my confusion and frustration seem to have come to an end!

i just saw the twin emails (four, in fact) that our "applications for adjustment of status have been approved, and that the cards were ordered. cards will be mailed when ready."

GOOD LORD!!! I guess this is "almost" the end of our quest for a better status than H1B and potentially more flexible status to go find another home - professionally.

I can't thank this forum, and the countless volunteers, enough - who I have come in contact with in the past one year or so.

I will keep you all posted as soon as any other updates come through.

Thank You all one more time... and stay tuned.

TempNirvana,

Congratulations and enjoy the freedom... good luck for the future

TempNirvana said:
whaddayaknow.... fellas...........

my confusion and frustration seem to have come to an end!

i just saw the twin emails (four, in fact) that our "applications for adjustment of status have been approved, and that the cards were ordered. cards will be mailed when ready."

Thank You all one more time... and stay tuned.

05/11/2005: Today, President Swiftly Signed the Special Spending Bill into Law! It is

05/11/2005: Today, President Swiftly Signed the Special Spending Bill into Law! It is Law Now.

President today signed into law H.R 1268, so-called special spending bill, which the Senate signed yesterday, May 10, 2005, not even wasting a day! Accordingly, the H-2B amendments and 20,000 visa number recaptures for the nurses, physical therapists, and exceptional performing artists under Schedule A became available as of today. Sadly the REAL ID Act also became a law as of today! For the President's statement in signing this bill, please click here

Updates

patnams,

Here are a few updates to the tracker:

gchope2166 - Went CP and has been approved
senbabe - I-485 approved on 3/31/05
Nkelkar - went CP.
sehwag - I-485 approved on 5/10/05

140 and 485 Approved but EAD still pending :)

Hello Friends/Guides,

Finally my I-140 and 485 got approved today. Its been a long wait since this past 5 years. Thanks for each and every valuable information provided by all you friends that helped me and ofcourse hundreds others to finally get past this difficult and unpredictable phase of GC. Oh boy, I am so excited today…atleast no more worry about H1s and all.

However theres one little thing thats kind of strange.

I had an RFE on I-140 in the month of April/2005 for my Education Evaluation. My attorney had submitted an old Education Evaluation of mine (Obtained during the H1B filing 5 years back). Obtained the new Education Evaluation and submitted it to USCIS in the last week of April. This evening my 140 and 485 got approved but my EAD and Travel Document never got approved till date. Even now the status says the standard message of "Your application..was received on .." Well thats strange isn't it.

Well anyway I suppose GC matters more than the EAD.

Thanks again to all of you and I hope those of you expecting the GC should get it fassssssttt. God Bless you all.

---------------------------------
EB3 Labor Substitute Case.
LC 1999
140/485/EAD/AP RD Dec 30th 2004
140/485/EAD/AP ND Jan 18 2005
140 RFE: 12 April 2005 (RFE on old Education Evaluation, so submitted a new one)
485: FP done on 12th March 2005
EAD/AP: No change in the LUD
140/485: Approved on 11-May-2005

ronbans said:
Hi gurus,

Could anyone predict what is happening to my case now?
140 RFE replied 04/22 - LUD-s on 25th, 27th, 28th no message change
485 - LUD on May 6th for address change for me
485 - LUD on May 6th for FP Received for my wife (what about mine?)
485-s and 140 - LUD with no message change again on May10th

JK told me that they are internally reviewing the file - I guess they are reviewing a lot? I am tensed and scared here...anyway, all I can do is wait - if anyone can shed some light, been in a similar situation?

Thanks guys - Roni

Please wait till May 17th , if you passed that date , then No RFE !!!.But if Both 140 and 485 LUDS are changing at the same time ,then some thing to worry about. But good luck

140 and 485 Approved but EAD still pending :)

Friends, Need your expert advice: How long does it takes to get the actual GC card after the 485 approval.

Also would like to know your thoughts on my earlier post regarding 140/485 approval but EAD still pending. I suppose I should not worry much but your advice and opinion should clear my doubts. Thanks a lot in advance once again for all your valuable help/info.

God bless you all.
---------------------------------
EB3 Labor Substitute Case.
LC 1999
140/485/EAD/AP RD Dec 30th 2004
140/485/EAD/AP ND Jan 18 2005
140 RFE: 12 April 2005 (RFE on old Education Evaluation, so submitted a new one)
485: FP done on 12th March 2005
EAD/AP: No change in the LUD
140/485: Approved on 11-May-2005

Good NEWS - MA EB2 approvals - 2 of them - LIFO theory is right!!!!

While its meaningless to report another june 10 485 ND approval (eac0418750583), I have more good news to share. 2 EB2 approvals and one of them is for april 5 FP complete date...I feel like a complete fool for having done early FP in the light of the LIFO theory and and approvals for many june 10 ND dates...ahh fate has dealt such a cruel hand!

casca2005 said:
Friends, Need your expert advice: How long does it takes to get the actual GC card after the 485 approval.

you are good to go...that is normal. You should receive the card within a week.