2004 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

Jharkhandi said:
Yes Tazo - looks like you are approved. Call VSC and ask them directly.

I agree with Jharkhandi. When I spoke to the VSC agent yesterday, she indicated that the system updates are not happening properly. I sure hope your card has been ordered... Good Luck.

Details of education evaluation

lohith said:
Do not wait for 485 -reopening, it'll take a while. You can go ahead file 7+ yr H1/H4 exts based on the receipt of MTR/appeal.

Anyway, can you share some info on how your education evaluation done thru which agency? Did you do edu evals from more than one agencies? Is the report favorable to support/argue USCIS denial.

Plz mention names of agencies so that other members who stuck with Edu denials can benefit.

Good luck with your MTR/Appeal and soon to see 140 approval.

Hi Lohith,

OM SAI RAM!

In our old education evaluation, they have given B.S in computer science.But in Description (content) substantially equal to Us degree. They denied based on that word without ant RFE.

By the way I am not the primary applicant.My wife is primary applicant and she did her MA in English and PGDC in computer application and some computer certification courses in India.

Now we have done education evaluation from Trustforte and they have given B.S degree in dual major English and Computer science.

Our attorney applied with that education evaluation. And we got new receipt number.It says 30 to 180 days of procesing this type of cases.

I am not eligible to extend 8th year H1 as I am already done 7th year with my old Labor.( no more valid) .

Lets see how it goes as I don't have any other options.

Thanks
Karunakar

TazoChai said:
Looks like its approved! I called VSC and the nice lady there said that cards were mailed out yesterday (though its been mailed to my old address, my address change request from 2 days back when I called the National Custormer Service has apparently not gone through yet.)

QUOTE]

Congratulations TazoChai. Enjoy and good luck.

Majestix

Thanks Eric

EricS said:
290 B application received does not reopen 485. Once your MTR/appeal is accepted, then 140 and 485s will reopen. As I provided the link earlier on, if your dependent cases do not reopen automatically, then you need to call the VSC.

As Lohit has also suggested, instead of dependents having to leave the country, apply for their H4 extensions based off of your H1 extension. I understand that your dependent has his/her own H1 and is working independently. S/he will have to stop working once H1 expires, be on H4 untill 485 reopen, then apply for EAD and start working again. If you are lucky, your 485 may reopen before dependent H1 expires as you still have 2 and a half month for that. Apply for your H1 and dependent's H4 ext before hand to save your status.
If you do not apply for H4 for dependents and 485 is denied, I am not sure if dependent has to leave the country or not. Wait for others to comment.

OM SAI RAM!
Hi Eric,

How do I know that MTR/appeal is accepted?. As of now we just got receipt number and it says 30 to 180 days of processing time.Does it mean it accepted.
And also I am not eligible for H4 also as I have done my 7th year H1 and as per I know that only max.of six years for any one type of visa(H1 or H4).

Any more information , I appreciated.

Thanks
Karunakar

Congratulations!! tazochai and bullishfreak!!

tazochai....that was wonderful. Your case would give peace of mind to those who are not seeing LUDs on their applications.

Congratulations again.

485 approved

Hi,
I got emails that My 485 is approved on May,11,2005
Both (myself and spouse 485) got approved today

Thanks to this forum providing lot of information
Best of Luck

su2004 said:
Hi,

Best of Luck

aaaaahhhhhh !! now I know the trick. Apply for second EAD/AP, they take your money and approve 485 immediately.

So, its all about money ;)

Congrats and enjoy. :p

karurama said:
My wife is primary applicant and she did her MA in English and PGDC in computer application and some computer certification courses in India.

Now we have done education evaluation from Trustforte and they have given B.S degree in dual major English and Computer science.
Since, Trustforte given dual degree with CS, There is a pretty good chance for approval on MTR. Have n't you/wife tried to get another edu eval from diffrent agency to make your case/argument rock-solid?

I am not eligible to extend 8th year H1 as I am already done 7th year with my old Labor.( no more valid) .
What haapend to your own LC? is it denied/withdrawn/substitued ?
Lets see how it goes as I don't have any other options. And also I am not eligible for H4 also as I have done my 7th year H1 and as per I know that only max.of six years for any one type of visa(H1 or H4).

You have options like EricS said earlier. There are exceptions to H/L-max 6 yr cap.
Like H1 can be extended indefinitely (6+ yrs) based on thier own/sub LC, And, by virtue of being dependants( spouse/kids), their dependant (H4) status only extended with same expiry dt of primary H1.

So, apply asap for H1/H4 exts. For you as a dependant(since your LC is invalid), it's H1 to H4 conversion based on your wife's H1 6+ yr ext.

Congrats Su2004

Congrats Su2004. Enjoy the freedom.

su2004 said:
Hi,

Best of Luck

su2004 said:
Hi,

Best of Luck

CONGREATS SU2004.

TazoChai said:
Looks like its approved! I called VSC and the nice lady there said that cards were mailed out yesterday (though its been mailed to my old address, my address change request from 2 days back when I called the National Custormer Service has apparently not gone through yet.)

And now for Oscar Speech (Sorry GC speech)

Thank you! every one for your wishes. Thanks to Rajiv Khanna for hosting this board and thanks to all you awesome people who make this board so great and useful. I still can't believe it . Thanks to my new lawyer who did a great job. Thanks to the VSC

All of you waiting for their GC's, dont worry its going to be a short wait, keep the faith.

Dont worry about LUDs look at me I did not even have a FP received msg change. Dont bug the FBI and VSC for LUDs and status changes/Name checks be patient, you have waited a long time, wait for a few more days.

-------------------------------------------------------------
PD Dec 1999 -EB3 Subs Labor
I140/EAD/485/AP CONCURRENT - RD- 12/17/2004 ND 12/30/2004
EAD & AP APPROVED -1/12/2005
I140 APPROVED 01/26/2005
FP Done : 04/06/2005
I485 (Self & Spouse) LUD : 04/06/2005,04/07/2005 ,4/19/05 (NO Msg Change)

5/10/2005 :

Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On May 10, 2005, the card order was completed and we mailed the applicant's new card directly to him or her. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this card, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

TazoChai,
although I am happy you got your GC I would like to point out you probably have very little idea how hard it is to wait... it seems easy if you filed just 6 mo back I140/EAD/485/AP CONCURRENT - RD- 12/17/2004 ND 12/30/2004 and got approved... there are people waiting for YEARS and they are frustrated because they don't know what is going on... and then, of course, they will start checking status with every gov agency involved in the process trying to get at least some hope...

anyway, enjoy your GC and have fun.

karurama said:
OM SAI RAM!
Hi Eric,

How do I know that MTR/appeal is accepted?. As of now we just got receipt number and it says 30 to 180 days of processing time.Does it mean it accepted.
Once 140 is reopened, you will know that MTR is accepted. There is only one case where I saw that even after reopening the 140, they denied it (user Kmol60), but ususally, once 140 reopens, it gets approved.
And also I am not eligible for H4 also as I have done my 7th year H1 and as per I know that only max.of six years for any one type of visa(H1 or H4).

Any more information , I appreciated.

Thanks
Karunakar
Do one thing, put all your dates here, like
Your H1 start date ... Jan-1998
Spouse H1 start date April 2000
Spouse LC filed xx/yy/zzzz..... you get the point.
It will be much more easy to recommend what and how you should proceed with your H1/H4.

PATNAMS, right on the money!

Man, I tell you thats EXACTLY what i have been thinking about over the last couple of weeks...am hoping that this indeed is true :D

Incidentally, the stars seem to be getting in formation for me.

-I applied for EAD/AP extension
-Going on a vacation.
-VISA bulletin is going to come soon
-A million reasons why it is time for me to get my approval LOL...hell O sweet hell..."sweet hell", is this an oxymoron?

I have a stupid follow up question on EAD/AP

So, we applied for EAD/AP extension on April 27.

I have not seen any LUD change yet online, is this normal?

Will there be new case numbers for this?

pointers appreciated.

patnams said:
aaaaahhhhhh !! now I know the trick. Apply for second EAD/AP, they take your money and approve 485 immediately.

So, its all about money ;)

Congrats and enjoy. :p
That trick didn't work for me :( .. they took my money and approved my second EAD :D

jolpot said:
I have a stupid follow up question on EAD/AP

So, we applied for EAD/AP extension on April 27.

I have not seen any LUD change yet online, is this normal?

Will there be new case numbers for this?

pointers appreciated.

You will get new Receipt numbers for both EAD & AP. You can find them on your cleared checks. You applied on april 27th, by this time you should get your receipt notices.

GCG said:
TazoChai,
although I am happy you got your GC I would like to point out you probably have very little idea how hard it is to wait... it seems easy if you filed just 6 mo back I140/EAD/485/AP CONCURRENT - RD- 12/17/2004 ND 12/30/2004 and got approved... there are people waiting for YEARS and they are frustrated because they don't know what is going on... and then, of course, they will start checking status with every gov agency involved in the process trying to get at least some hope...

anyway, enjoy your GC and have fun.

GCG trust me I know what it is to wait, I waited for years for my labor to get approved only to find out my old lawyer had never filed it!

I was just pointing out that I never had msg changes and hardly any LUDs for my 485 so there is hope for people do not see LUD activity.

I understand how much mental stress the GC process can bring about.

I truely wish everybody gets a fast painless approval.

juniordj78 said:
Does a person need to get the passport stamped, if he/she is ordered a card after 485 approval? Can a person travel internationally using the card?

I see some activity on my 485, just waiting for the approval :)

First of all, congratulations to all latest approvals.

juniordj78, depends on what it says on the approval notice. In my case, no passport stamping was required because the card was mailed to me in about a week. If one has code 3 FP, I think there is no need for passport stamping.

The card will only let you enter the US and can not be used to travel to other countries. One still needs to use the passport to travel and follows the visa requirement of any country.