2004 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

no "card ordered/mailed" emails

I have not received card ordered/mailed updates so far. May be I am heading KosmoKramer's and Utkarsh's way. I have scheduled Infopass appointment for passport stamping. I have to wait till I recieve my approval letter, I guess.

Gurus, what else should I do? Please advise.

Card Ordered Msg?

I checked my email this morn and I saw 4 emails from USCIS 2 each for me and my spouse.

It says :
Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On May 10, 2005, the card order was completed and we mailed the applicant's new card directly to him or her. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this card, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

Does it mean my GC is approved ???? I never saw that message, I never even got a FP received msg.

2 days back i called and did an address change, do you think it could be an error on their part instead of getting the address change msg i got the card ordered msg? I hope the card ordered part is true :)

I called the 1-800 number i get the same message as above.

Guru's is there a way i can verify that its been approved? Please let me know

God its been such a torturous journey : my "inhouse company SOB lawyer" had not filed my labor and kept lying that he had for 3 1/2 years !!! I had to do a subs labor

I guess all things end well. I am not going to believe this until i get the card in my hands!

My Details:

PD Dec 1999 -EB3 Subs Labor
I140/EAD/485/AP CONCURRENT - RD- 12/17/2004 ND 12/30/2004
EAD & AP APPROVED -1/12/2005
I140 APPROVED 01/26/2005
FP Done : 04/06/2005
I485 (Self & Spouse) LUD : 04/06/2005,04/07/2005 ,4/19/05 (NO Msg Change)

5/10/2005 :

Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On May 10, 2005, the card order was completed and we mailed the applicant's new card directly to him or her. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this card, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

Last edited by a moderator:
TazoChai said:
I checked my email this morn and I saw 4 emails from USCIS 2 each for me and my spouse.

It says :

Current Status:

Does it mean my GC is approved ???? I never saw that message, I never even got a FP received msg.

2 days back i called and did an address change, do you think it could be an error on their part instead of getting the address change msg i got the card ordered msg? I hope the card ordered part is true :)

God its been such a torturous journey : my "inhouse company SOB lawyer" had not filed my labor and kept lying that he had for 3 1/2 years !!! I had to do a subs labor

I guess all things end well. I am not going to believe this until i get the card in my hands!

My Details:

I140 APPROVED 01/26/2005

5/10/2005 :

Current Status:

Tazo... good for you man. you have left me and gone ahead... :( . just kidding.. :) i hope this means your application is approved.
-no_idEAS

On May 10, 2005, the card order was completed and we mailed the applicant's new card directly to him or her. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this card, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.[/QUOTE]

Hi Tazo,

So is yours a subs labor and it got through though it was filed in dec? Im happy for you. Mine is also a subs labor and I also filed during the same time. In fact my case's ND is also 12/30/2004. No word on my i140 yet. I have done my FP and seeing on LUDS on 485 .. Thats the only solace!!
Which center is your appln in?

anyway, Congrats again and im sure you will get ur piece of plastic soon :)

no_id said:
Tazo... good for you man. you have left me and gone ahead... :( . just kidding.. :) i hope this means your application is approved.
-no_idEAS

No_Id dont worry you are next! You are 'on deck'. :)

Gcprocess2005 said:

Hi Tazo,

So is yours a subs labor and it got through though it was filed in dec? Im happy for you. Mine is also a subs labor and I also filed during the same time. In fact my case's ND is also 12/30/2004. No word on my i140 yet. I have done my FP and seeing on LUDS on 485 .. Thats the only solace!!
Which center is your appln in?

anyway, Congrats again and im sure you will get ur piece of plastic soon :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks, My center is VSC and the labor was a NJ labor

Thanks, My center is VSC and the labor was a NJ labor[/QUOTE]

So seems like the PD is the labor PD right? Mine is sometime in June 2002.. Does it mean that the USCIS might process my case anytime soon? I just cant wait to see my approval mail then :)

Congreats to Tazo, Bull, No_ID.
As per yesterday new approvels looks like they had FPs in March 4th week and April 1st week. also 485 ND in Nov/Dec 2004.

NYdeal said:
Congreats to Tazo, Bull, No_ID.
As per yesterday new approvels looks like they had FPs in March 4th week and April 1st week. also 485 ND in Nov/Dec 2004.

NYDeal..
So do you think we can expect some progress on our applns quite soon?

TazoChai said:

It says :

Current Status:

My Details:

I140 APPROVED 01/26/2005

5/10/2005 :

Current Status:

Yes Tazo - looks like you are approved. Call VSC and ask them directly.

Is passport stamping requred?

Does a person need to get the passport stamped, if he/she is ordered a card after 485 approval? Can a person travel internationally using the card?

I see some activity on my 485, just waiting for the approval :)

Congrats

TazoChai said:
Thanks Guru JK! I will call VSC directly
COngrats!
Did you really not see a FP update message? My case is similar except I am not seeing any LUDs after the first one I had on 22nd April, the day after my FP.

Gcprocess2005 said:
NYDeal..
So do you think we can expect some progress on our applns quite soon?

I am not sure. coz.. as per 485 NDs oneday May/June 04 filers are getting approvels and anotherday Nov/Dec 04 filers are getting.
it seems like only ONE officer working on these papers, one day he is picking bottom and anotherday top papers -:)

karurama said:
HI Gurus,

OM SAI RAM!

Our case was directly denied on education evaluation without RFE. We reopned by applying 290B .Application was received on May3rd and receipt number assigned.

Hi Erics,

Do we need to wait until approval to reopen 485 application ( which was denied) for all primary and secondary applications? or otherwise it will automatically reopen once 290B application received?
290 B application received does not reopen 485. Once your MTR/appeal is accepted, then 140 and 485s will reopen. As I provided the link earlier on, if your dependent cases do not reopen automatically, then you need to call the VSC.
I am worrying that dependent H1 is going to expire on july 30th.If we don't get results by that time , do the dependent should leave the country as 485 was denied and 290B approval is not yet done.

I appreciate all your feedback and details.

Thanks
Karunakar( Om Sai Ram)
As Lohit has also suggested, instead of dependents having to leave the country, apply for their H4 extensions based off of your H1 extension. I understand that your dependent has his/her own H1 and is working independently. S/he will have to stop working once H1 expires, be on H4 untill 485 reopen, then apply for EAD and start working again. If you are lucky, your 485 may reopen before dependent H1 expires as you still have 2 and a half month for that. Apply for your H1 and dependent's H4 ext before hand to save your status.
If you do not apply for H4 for dependents and 485 is denied, I am not sure if dependent has to leave the country or not. Wait for others to comment.

Approval after RFE

Can any one tell how long it will take to get approval after RFE on I-485. My response to RFE was recieved on April 27.

Thanks

Jharkhandi said:
Yes Tazo - looks like you are approved. Call VSC and ask them directly.

Looks like its approved! I called VSC and the nice lady there said that cards were mailed out yesterday (though its been mailed to my old address, my address change request from 2 days back when I called the National Custormer Service has apparently not gone through yet.)

And now for Oscar Speech (Sorry GC speech)

Thank you! every one for your wishes. Thanks to Rajiv Khanna for hosting this board and thanks to all you awesome people who make this board so great and useful. I still can't believe it . Thanks to my new lawyer who did a great job. Thanks to the VSC

All of you waiting for their GC's, dont worry its going to be a short wait, keep the faith.

Dont worry about LUDs look at me I did not even have a FP received msg change. Dont bug the FBI and VSC for LUDs and status changes/Name checks be patient, you have waited a long time, wait for a few more days.

-------------------------------------------------------------
I140 APPROVED 01/26/2005

5/10/2005 :

Current Status: