2004 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

Jharkhandi said:
Welcome Jampot guy.

Yes I think processing can still go on without change in message. So do not worry.

I would suggest that you call VSC and try to find out what is going with your case! Also prepare for

1. raising a query, just in case you need it.
2. representation thru congress man's office.

You may like to keep print-outs of visa bulletins and published dates on USCIS site for VSC.

I just want to prepare you for any such situation - not that I anticipate it(too early)!

hi JK,

in reference to your advice above, I have some queries that I hope you can advice on...

1. After FP(code 3) only my wife's message changed to FP received - reading OR2002's post, it seems that maybe my file etc may be lost and maybe I have to go to INS office again?

2. Should I call FBI again - last time they told me both FP (for spouse and me) were sent back to INS but I did not ask them about adequacy of the FPs.

3. USCIS is still processing 6/04 cases so I dont think I can raise an enquiry about my case yet. Are there any other routes you would suggest at this time?

Or should I try the congressman route like you suggest in some cases or just sit tight! Your advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

docneedsdoc said:
hi JK,

in reference to your advice above, I have some queries that I hope you can advice on...

1. After FP(code 3) only my wife's message changed to FP received - reading OR2002's post, it seems that maybe my file etc may be lost and maybe I have to go to INS office again?

2. Should I call FBI again - last time they told me both FP (for spouse and me) were sent back to INS but I did not ask them about adequacy of the FPs.

3. USCIS is still processing 6/04 cases so I dont think I can raise an enquiry about my case yet. Are there any other routes you would suggest at this time?

Or should I try the congressman route like you suggest in some cases or just sit tight! Your advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
Right now do not raise query - wait till published dates cross your ND.

Prepare congressman route if you suspect something is going wrong.

Immigration status

I am trying to renew my wife's EAD. She is previously on H4 and presently working on her EAD. What will be her immigration status ?
Thanks
rrml

Jharkhandi said:

Jk,
You have been doing a remarkable service to our community. Its very hard to see people like you who still stay around to help others even after getting their GC.
You are setting up a trend that everyone should try to follow in life :).. Just great.

GC4Ever said:
I got the letter from FBI for name verification, got the standard letter saying found no records for me and my wife. Had emailed sometime in the 1st week march i think.

Congrats to all who got 485 approvals.

When did you write to the FBI for the Name Check Status?Can you remember the exact dates? I also have communicated with FBI in March second Week.

Regards

Last edited by a moderator:
Tracker Status

Click here for Last Updated Tracker

There is only one approval, a 485 in EB-OR category since yesterday.

I am guessing there will be some slowdown in coming 3 months because of Summer vacations coming up, especially Vermont people, I dont think they will miss the beautiful summers up there.

Jharkhandi said:

Thank you for your prompt answers. Indeed, it is wonderful that you continue to volunteer here even after you GC is done. Your advice is very valuable to this whole forum.

How would I know if something is going wrong - should I call FBI again to check about adequacy of FP (I know you have advised this particular issue to some others on the forum).

Thanks again JK.

Alarm bells... please help :mad:

TempNirvana said:
I agree... but I just hate to be in what I call the "suspended animation" mode for too long. I haven't lost much sleep yet - and I am still hopeful that I will get it one fine day. May be I should take "hope" out of the equation :)

Folks, I noticed a couple of things today with regards to my application.

1) I was casually checking the online status - and found that my recent LUD remained the same (4/22), but the message reverted to "Your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received on April 6, 2004.". THIS IS OLD STUFF. I am sure I saw the message change to "Finger Prints received" the last time I checked.

2) I called the National Customer Service Center - and the system said the same thing (485 application received). I have not been able to get through to an agent yet... but I am confused, and a bit terrified with this new change.

What's giong on? Can one of you suggest next course of action for me... PLEASE. Thanks for your help.

Vicky,

I think it was on 4th Mar 04.

vicky007 said:
When did you write to the FBI for the Name Check Status?Can you remember the exact dates? I also have communicated with FBI in March second Week.

Regards

TempNirvana said:

1) I was casually checking the online status - and found that my recent LUD remained the same (4/22), but the message reverted to "Your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received on April 6, 2004.". THIS IS OLD STUFF. I am sure I saw the message change to "Finger Prints received" the last time I checked.

2) I called the National Customer Service Center - and the system said the same thing (485 application received). I have not been able to get through to an agent yet... but I am confused, and a bit terrified with this new change.

What's giong on? Can one of you suggest next course of action for me... PLEASE. Thanks for your help.

I think the officer must have mistakenly selected the wrong option. You could just call up the rep and clear it off. There is nothing to worry, I guess..

can anybody interpret this pattern?

Hi all,

can anybody please interpret the LUD pattern in my signature? Got multiple LUDs after FP but no FP received message as opposed to my wife.
I never saw this pattern in this the forum before. Are we heading for approval or RFE?

Thx,

Code 3 FP is completed

Hi Gurus,
Today I have completed FP Code 3 at Appl Centre, Wheaton, MD. Please have a look at my signature and can you please let me know that how does it move now on...

False alarm.... familiar system glitch to be blamed

TempNirvana said:

Gcprocess2005 said:
I think the officer must have mistakenly selected the wrong option. You could just call up the rep and clear it off. There is nothing to worry, I guess..

Thanks..

I finally got thru to the agent - a friendly one at that - and she confirmed that my case (as well as my wife's case) are in "review" status as of 5/4. She indicated that unless there is a reson to issue RFE, I should expect the approval in 30-45 days.

She also indicated that the reason why the website and the automated message are giving an incorrect update is to be blamed on a known system issue.

I can sleep tonight!!

Nope there was no LUD on my 140, got approval on 11th jan

Gcprocess2005 said:
Hi GC4ever,
did you ever see any LUD changes on your 140 at all before the approval?
Im just curious..

rrml said:
I am trying to renew my wife's EAD. She is previously on H4 and presently working on her EAD. What will be her immigration status ?
Thanks
rrml

She is no longer on H4 stauts.
She is on AOS (Adjustment of Stauts) based on her pending 485.

itec said:

I would be obliged if someone confirmed the following:
1. "Raising Query" means calling up the USCIS and "opening up an enquiry". I have no idea if this can be done, have not had to do it yet. I *think* this can only be done after published USCIS dates are 30 days past your ND. IS this correct ? what exactly is "opening up an enquiry" anyway ?

2. "Going the congressman route" - what steps does one have to follow ? what is the experience with the congressman's office like ? do they "shoo" you away since you are not (at least) a permanent resident ? (silly question, I know, but my experience with the SSN office and DMV in the past were less than perfect ) :(

3. Seannc is the only one I know who has 140/485 ND in Nov 2004 who has his 485 approved. (I am another one with ND Nov 2004 but no approval yet ! ). My question is do I have to get worried ? (My FP recieved date is Apr 20th, have seen multiple approvals with the same FP recieved date, but none who have their ND in Nov 2004). Should I pre-emtively do either 1 or 2 above if it will help the case in any way ?

Please Help.
no_idEAS

p.s. I'm starting to lose it :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
I totally agree with you, you will find very few people like GJk in todays world. His legend will remain in this forum for the service he is doing. Hats off!

Gcprocess2005 said:
Jk,
You have been doing a remarkable service to our community. Its very hard to see people like you who still stay around to help others even after getting their GC.
You are setting up a trend that everyone should try to follow in life :).. Just great.

Itec guru

Itec guru,
I am applying Advance parole for my wife. She came here on H4 and currently she is working on EAD.
1. What should I mention in 'Class of Admission' ?
I am also applying for myself.
2. Can I send both applications in one mail/fedex or need to send individual ?

itec said: