2004 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

Hi Sree,
Is your's is Eb2 or Eb3.

Mine is EB2 and 01/09/04 and got stuck. No news after that. Did you complete the FP?

sree234 said:
Need_green_card,
I applied for GC in jan,04.
Till today there is no updates on my 140 or 485.

:mad: :confused:

All,

This is just a thought :cool: . It would be good idea every one to include their 140/485/EAD filing dates (at least RD) in their signature. In that way when some one is telling they got FP or RFE or approval, others don't need to ask "what is your filing date or it is EB2 or EB3" or they don't need to go to tracker and check for their dates.

sree234 said:
Con_File_Feb

I filed in EB3. FP also not yet.

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Eb2????

Are those of us that applied in EB2 category stuck forever. Are we destined to be in wait mode indefinitely.. Please advise.

bright said:
Are those of us that applied in EB2 category stuck forever. Are we destined to be in wait mode indefinitely.. Please advise.

My feeling is there would be no substantial movement in Eb2 till Jan 2005 because of a) up coming holiday season b) they would concentrate on Eb3 till it becomes non-current in Jan 2005 after which they would process EB2. I am also hoping that EB2 cases are kept pending since they would be adjudicated FOM way.

bhandus2004 said:
My feeling is there would be no substantial movement in Eb2 till Jan 2005 because of a) up coming holiday season b) they would concentrate on Eb3 till it becomes non-current in Jan 2005 after which they would process EB2. I am also hoping that EB2 cases are kept pending since they would be adjudicated FOM way.
bhandus2004,

Can you explain the understanding behind "b) they would concentrate on Eb3 till it becomes non-current in Jan 2005 after which they would process EB2."
What did you mean by "till it becomes non-concurrent in jan 2005".
Natuarally interested being a EB3.

Thanks

usagc2 said:
bhandus2004,

Can you explain the understanding behind "b) they would concentrate on Eb3 till it becomes non-current in Jan 2005 after which they would process EB2."
What did you mean by "till it becomes non-concurrent in jan 2005".
Natuarally interested being a EB3.

Thanks

usagc2,

BCIS publishes a visa bulletin periodically; the one that has been published lately has a mention that the EB3 category is likely to not remain current by Jan2005. What this means is that Eb3 category would have a cut-off date, if your priority date (priority date is the date labor is filed or 140 applied) is after the cut-off date and you are filing in EB3 you will not be able to file 485 .. if you have already filed it will not be eligible for approval till that cut-off date is reached. In the past when the cut-off date was there it was applicable to those born in certain countries like India, China etc only .. if the same thing is done now or they apply it to entire Eb3 has to be seen. Moreover what would be the cut-off date would be known only when it is published probably by mid Dec.

There are various threads on 485 forum on this issue which you can refer for further information ..

Folks who have their 140 approved and are in EB3 category,
What is your understanding on the likely timeline for 485 approval. i am not able to interpret much based on past trends since we do not have any approvals for those who filed within the past year ?

Do you think it is likely to follow the established timelines of the USCIS ? . the reason i ask is that, I have seen several concurrent filers within the past year get FP notices. Are they near the approval process ? . Please let me know your thoughts ...

need_green_card I am in the same Boat

My I-140 is received at May 12th. MY LUD changed to 10/08/2004. But the status messages just say received. I applied in EB3 category even though i have a Masters in USA because of company polices. What is your educational background. I am just trying to figure out a patten. Thanks.

I-140 ND 05/12/2004
I-485 ND 07/02/2004

bhandus2004 said:
usagc2,

BCIS publishes a visa bulletin periodically; the one that has been published lately has a mention that the EB3 category is likely to not remain current by Jan2005. What this means is that Eb3 category would have a cut-off date, if your priority date (priority date is the date labor is filed or 140 applied) is after the cut-off date and you are filing in EB3 you will not be able to file 485 .. if you have already filed it will not be eligible for approval till that cut-off date is reached. In the past when the cut-off date was there it was applicable to those born in certain countries like India, China etc only .. if the same thing is done now or they apply it to entire Eb3 has to be seen. Moreover what would be the cut-off date would be known only when it is published probably by mid Dec.

There are various threads on 485 forum on this issue which you can refer for further information ..

bhandus2004,

If 140 is pending by Jan 2005, will be it considered under this new proposal. Or 140 filers would also wait till the priority date is reached.

thanks.

karurk said:
My I-140 is received at May 12th. MY LUD changed to 10/08/2004. But the status messages just say received. I applied in EB3 category even though i have a Masters in USA because of company polices. What is your educational background. I am just trying to figure out a patten. Thanks.

I-140 ND 05/12/2004
I-485 ND 07/02/2004

karurk,

I have a 3 year degree with 4 year diploma (higher diploma in software eng) and a total of 8 years of experience.

Is this a problem for EB3 category?

bhandus2004 said:
usagc2,

Thanks bhandus2004,
I remember reading this bulletin. It said that this rulling applies to all categories(EB1,2,3...) though it will be evident in EB3 as early as Jan 2005.

Guys, just trying to understand this.

What is the priority date now? What priority date is VSC processing now ??

What is the meaning of "Priority dates being current" ??

Help me understand this. Please..

Last edited by a moderator:
Please give some advise/suggestion regarding my GC

140/EAD/AP/485 - applied in Jan,2004,EB3
EAD,AP are approved in April and i got the papers too.
For EAD the approved message/Date is not changed online till today.
My 140 is also not cleared yet and there is no LUD changes till now whatever the message/date in Jan, it still remains the same
Is that mean is there any problem with 140??
Please clarify my doubts
thanks

Bodhal Singh said:
Guys, just trying to understand this.

What is the priority date now? What priority date is VSC processing now ??

What is the meaning of "Priority dates being current" ??

Help me understand this. Please..
As all the categories are current - service ceters are not processing by PD. Once there will be a U turn in time - you will see PDs being posted in PTRs.

Priority dates being current means regardless of whenever you have applied - you can get 485 done today.