2004 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

L-1A related Question

Hi JK,

One of my friend is on L-1A. He is planning to file GC. My question to you (And all other seniors) is that--

1. Does he need to go thrugh the labor (SESA and DOL) process ?

2. Is it common to file GC when you are on L-1A ? Are there any drawbacks of filing GC when you are on L-1A ?

3. Which is better ?
File GC with L1A or GC with H1B.

This guys has both the options open.

Seniors please reply ASAP, as this guy is running short of time.

L1-A does not require labor certification.
it might offer you the fastest path to permanent residency.
definitely preferred over the H1.
- your company lawyer or your own lawyer should steer you in the right direction.

I checked my online status and it showing they mailed RFE (I-140) on Aug 6th. But my attorney's office saying that they have not yet received as of yesterday. The paralegal called the Customer service centre and the rep told her to wait until 30 days to request for another copy of RFE. Is this some thing normal? My understanding was if we have not received within 14 days then we can request for another copy. Am I correct?

I-140 rd 02/05/04
nd 02/11/04
RFE on 08/06/04

Thanks in advance

Inferno,
It is quite common from USCIS that if you request any duplicate copy, they will say that you will get the new copy within 30 days..

TempNirvana said:
I noticed a 'lull' in EB3 approvals... VSC may be dusting-off the EB2s now :p

Even though we don't see many EB2 approvals, we don't see many EB2 folks complaining on here either. They may be just lazy to come to update their status. I would hope so.

bearshub said:
Even though we don't see many EB2 approvals, we don't see many EB2 folks complaining on here either. They may be just lazy to come to update their status. I would hope so.

Nop they (we) are not lazy. Tired of complaining though... Hopefully will start hearing something soon ...

I 140 approved

Just now I received I140 approval mails from uscis.
Applied concurrently on jan 28 2004 under EB3...no priority dates on the receipt...
I put staus enquiry on last Friday through my lawyer...
No RFE...
thanks to all of you ....

vicky...telephonic..
Can some one update the tracker...my name is alread there with 'nandisrini' with ead approved dates...

Tracker updated

Tracker updated with Nandisrini's approval as well as previous approvals and RFEs.

Congratulations, Nandisrini !

I agree with Sachin...... What is it going to get us to complain in the forum. The PD is not moving for more than a month now and EB3 are getting approved it is frustrating but then u can't predict USCIS. We are hoping they will start EB2 now that they have reached April 1 for EB3 (I am not sure what the reason is but apparently this is date for implementation of the Ohata Memo the guru's can enlighten us)

Va

SachinTendulkar said:
Nop they (we) are not lazy. Tired of complaining though... Hopefully will start hearing something soon ...

Anybody having a notice date of April 30,2004 for I140, got any LUD changes or approvals , please let me know, would appreciate your input.

Bodhal Singh said:
Hi JK,

One of my friend is on L-1A. He is planning to file GC. My question to you (And all other seniors) is that--

1. Does he need to go thrugh the labor (SESA and DOL) process ?

2. Is it common to file GC when you are on L-1A ? Are there any drawbacks of filing GC when you are on L-1A ?

3. Which is better ?
File GC with L1A or GC with H1B.

This guys has both the options open.

Seniors please reply ASAP, as this guy is running short of time.

I agree to Patnams. Let us follow the good advice. It will help everyone. :)

1. If one is on L1 A then LC is not needed but will have to apply as EB1 Multinational Executive or Manager.

2. It is not uncommon to file GC on L1A. I am not aware of any drawback of such filing.

3. Depends, EB1 has lots more scrutiny. Only suggestion I will give is that get a good lawyer for it. Also it cuts down the processing time when you add time spent waiting for LC to be thru (in case of EB2 and EB3).

EAD LUD changes

uzito2k said:
My AP was approved today:
I-131 08/23/2004

The LUD for EAD changed to 8/20/2004 last friday, but no status change yet

For i-485 new status and LUD 8/19/2004:
On August 18, 2004, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case.

Hi,

My AP was approved today but the LUD for EAD changed to 8/20/2004 , but no status change yet

I suppose we are in the same boat.

I previously had RFE's for both EAD and AP.

Strange are the ways CIS work. Expecting my EAD, but got AP. Atleast something is moving for which I should be happy.

GC VSC

Jharkhandi said:
I agree to Patnams. Let us follow the good advice. It will help everyone. :)

1. If one is on L1 A then LC is not needed but will have to apply as EB1 Multinational Executive or Manager.

2. It is not uncommon to file GC on L1A. I am not aware of any drawback of such filing.

3. Depends, EB1 has lots more scrutiny. Only suggestion I will give is that get a good lawyer for it. Also it cuts down the processing time when you add time spent waiting for LC to be thru (in case of EB2 and EB3).

Thanks JK.
Thanks Subhasri.