2004 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

ascii_boston said:
;)
Sorry - I didnt explicitly change any formatting...just added my row in the appropriate location, so am not sure what happened there. Jharkhandi, could you fix it if you know what the 'original' format was? Thanks!

:rolleyes:

Not a problem - it will be done VK - oops OK? :D

BTW have you ever been to CP?

GCforeveyone said:
Guys,
Anyone knows how much time It take to get Receipts from VSC. And How much time they take to clear the checks. I recently applied I485/AP/EAD based on I140 Receipt last week.

2-16 weeks. Did it make your life easier? If it did not - then post this question after 4 weeks. Once you have posted(after 4 weeks) go and check your mail box. You will feel much better - seriously!

EAD approved

LC_Virginia said:
The following members have not yet gotten their EAD/AP approved (the processing dates have passed their NDs), or they forgot to post here.... if any of you are out there, let us know the status of your EAD and/or AP approvals !

CloseToGod
slick
nkalakonda
vpr1
vermont_tgc

Thanks...

Thank you, LC_Virginia. My EAD got approved on 5/27/04. I received an email only a couple of hours ago. Still waiting for my AP. I had applied for it along with 140 and 485.

Could someone please update the tracker?

Thanks.

My&wife EAD got approved on 5/27/04. I received an email only a couple of mins ago. Still waiting for my AP. my RD is 3/30/04.

thanks.

To CloseToGod

Hi, CloseToGod,

Congrats!!!!

Did you get any RFEs for your EAD? My receipt date for EAD is 2/10/04 and as of today, I still haven't heard anything regarding my case.

Feeling really frustrated!

Thanks for sharing!

CloseToGod said:
Thank you, LC_Virginia. My EAD got approved on 5/27/04. I received an email only a couple of hours ago. Still waiting for my AP. I had applied for it along with 140 and 485.

Thanks.

Jharkhandi said:
:rolleyes:

Not a problem - it will be done VK - oops OK? :D

----?? Didnt get it ! ----

BTW have you ever been to CP?

----Nope. I want to have the option of exercising AC21 if needed; plus my H1 is expiring later this year. So I figured I-485 would be a better way to go. What say? ----

Last edited by a moderator:
Twenty hours a week

Hello Everyone, I have a difficult sitiuation. I have filed for all the four (I-140/EAD/I-485/AP) I am waiting for the approval of all. I am running my 6th year of H1. My company is cutting salary for a few, i was told i will be getting paid for 20 hours a week soon. Will this affect my GC in anyway.
Please help me with your indepth knowledge.
Thanks in advance.

EAD approved

Hi All,
My EAD was approved on 26th May. There is no update about my wife's EAD. There is a gap of about 50 ( EAC numbers ) in our applications. I just wonder if they really follow numbers???
Please update the tracker.
Thanks
Hidden_man

Praba123 said:
Hello Everyone, I have a difficult sitiuation. I have filed for all the four (I-140/EAD/I-485/AP) I am waiting for the approval of all. I am running my 6th year of H1. My company is cutting salary for a few, i was told i will be getting paid for 20 hours a week soon. Will this affect my GC in anyway.
Please help me with your indepth knowledge.
Thanks in advance.
As long as your employer is ready to give in writing to USCIS that application is for future job and will get you the same salary once GC is done - don't worry.

go fujie go.........

06/02/2004: Concurrent Adjudication (I-140 + I-485) Guidance of USCIS HQ

As we reported earlier, on March 31, 2004, the USCIS issued a memorandum to the Service Centers to adjudicate concurrently for the concurrently filed I-140 and I-485. Accordingly, people may assume that since about May 1, 2004, the Service Centers have been processing concurrently filed I-140/I-485 cases separately and differently from the I-485 cases which were filed alone. Following are the guidance for concurrent adjudication of concurrently filed I-140+I-485 cases under the memorandum:
In the Service Center processing times reports, the concurrently filed I-485 processing time coincides with the I-140 processing time. In other words, for these filers, they should keep track of I-140 processing time and not I-485 processing time in the bi-weekly official processing time reports of the Service Centers. For them, I-485 processing time is the same as I-140 processing time. Meanwhile, those who filed I-485 separately should keep track of I-485 processing times in the bi-weekly reports.
For the concurrent adjudication filers, I-140 petition and I-485 application always stay together. This will result in two consequences: First, since I-140 is not adjudicated separately, the previous procedure of prima facie review of I-140 eligibility is more or less removed and discouraged. Second, in order for the I-485 adjudication to be completed in the same pace with the I-140 adjucation, the Service Centers will accelerate the name check and fingerprint job vigorously.
Actual adjudication of I-140+I-485 will not take place until I-485 application is ready to be adjudicated after completing the name check and fingerprint. Therefore, the concurrent adjudication files remain on the shelf until they are ready to be adjudicated together.
When it reaches actual adjudication process, the adjudicators are required to review both I-140 petition and I-485 application. In other word, if the adjudicator needs to issue RFE for I-140, the adjudicator should also determine whether another RFE should be issued for I-485, should there be the RFE issues in the I-485 application. If the petitioner (employer) fails to respond to I-140 RFE or to meet the eligibility requirement, the adjudicator will deny both I-140 and I-485. On the other hand, should the I-140 petitioner be successful in responding to the I-140 RFE and satisfies eligibility requirements, the adjudicator should approve the I-140 petition no matter whether I-485 applicant has successfully responded to the I-485 RFE. If the I-485 applicant fails to meet the RFE requirement, such I-485 will be denied, and more likely the petitioner will receive the I-140 approval notice and the alien will receive I-485 denial notice.
Plus side and Minus side of Concurrent Filing and Concurrent Adjudication: The big plus will be the processing times. If we look at the I-140 processing times, even though each Service Center differs, the average I-140 processing time is approximately one (1) year. It means that in the concurrent adjudication cases, people will get green card approval within one year or less. Then what is minus? What else, AC 21 180-day rule of change of employer. Since the alien can not change employment until after the I-140 petition is approved, those who lose the job will face a potential denial of the green card opportunity.

I have EAD for myself and my wife. My H1b is valid until 2006 and haven't applied for AP. Now my wife wants to use EAD and currently she is in H4. If she uses her EAD will her H4 staus be voided?, if so when we travel to india what should we do, can we still use H1 & H4 or should we apply for AP?

Jarkandi/austin_desi,

I think she still needs AP even though she is on H4 because every body need s AP when you leave US after applying I485. Am I right?

Thanks
Sa24

sa24 said:
Jarkandi/austin_desi,

I think she still needs AP even though she is on H4 because every body need s AP when you leave US after applying I485. Am I right?

Thanks
Sa24
No, AP is an option if you are on H or L visa - you may use it or may not!

douglas,

Where did you find this article?
I am concern about --I140 processing time will be effective for concurrent filers after April 30th 2004---
========
In the Service Center processing times reports, the concurrently filed I-485 processing time coincides with the I-140 processing time. In other words, for these filers, they should keep track of I-140 processing time and not I-485 processing time in the bi-weekly official processing time reports of the Service Centers.
========