2004 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

VSC v/s CSC

FYI...
I checked with my attorney today and was told my company has authorization from USCIS Center Director to file all immigration applications to the Eastern Service Center (VSC) of the USCIS regardless of the geographic location of intended employment.
That is how my case landed in VSC instead of CSC.

Nkelkar said:
usagc2,
CSC just sent it back without accepting it.

Nice to see that EAD and AP time have gone under 4 weeks in most of the cases. Great going VSC.

But what surprises me is that I have always seen FPs coming in bulk - here a see a lots a of gap. Folks are you tired or do you want to take the sheet to 485 forum? :)

In any case, do not loose the steam.

Received my EAD card in the mail today.
Question is does this mean anything to me.
MY EAD is valid till 30-Aug-2005
MY H-1 is valid till 01-DEC-2005

Anyways, Please update my record.
EAD approved 9/2 received 9/7 no RFE

Jharkhandi said:
Hi NKelkar,

I thought you will go to NSC - your LC was from IL - right?

But looks like you started with CSC and ended in VSC with an eye on NSC. Just TSC is left! Welcome to VSC anyways. :)

Yes,
I have done quite the rounds.
My original Labor was from CA. went the Return to State, Recall, RFE approved route.
My company has an office in Wisconsin, So when we received the Return to State in CA we filled again from Wisconsin.
Well Both the Labors got approved within 2 weeks of each other. CA was before IL, and knowing about the pilot program in CSC we decided to file using the CA labor, and now I am in VSC

FP Completed

For Trackering
Today (09/07/04) I completed my finger printing 1 month prior to the appointment date it took just 20mins.

Please update the tracker
Thanks
Oct2401gc

Nkelkar said:
Yes,
I have done quite the rounds.
My original Labor was from CA. went the Return to State, Recall, RFE approved route.
My company has an office in Wisconsin, So when we received the Return to State in CA we filled again from Wisconsin.
Well Both the Labors got approved within 2 weeks of each other. CA was before IL, and knowing about the pilot program in CSC we decided to file using the CA labor, and now I am in VSC

Try this:

Apply 140 from NSC without 485. Usually such cases are approved in 4-6 weeks and then ask your lawyer to get 140 substitution done.(make a search on 140 substitution - lots of stuff are available).

AP Approved

My AP has been approved on 9/7. I had RFE on EAD and AP. Could any one please update tracker.

Thanks and good luck to all

140 Approved today

Hi All,

I did not expect this so early after all the frustration I had gone waiting for my EAD/AP( RFE inbetween, local INS rejecting my interim application for EAD). But today is a great day.My 140 got approved.

Please update the tracker.

Thanks
Gc vsc :p

gc_enigma said:
gc_vsc and Gurus of this forum -

I had my AP approved on 08/23. Need to know who receives the AP - attorney or beneficiary. My address was used in the AP application form along with attorney's G-28. Quick questions:
-Where will VSC mail the AP?
-Based on your past experience, how long after the approval date did you receive your AP?

Please update the tracker with my details:
EB2, VSC
I-140/I-1485/EAD/AP : RD: 06/01 , ND 06/03
EAD AD: 08/18 RD: 08/24
AP AD: 08/23 RD: ??
thanks..

Hi,
Ap will me mailed to your attorney. It generally takes a week to receive your AP in mail.

gc vsc

Hello All,

This may sound like a stupid question , but any ideas would be great.

- what does having a EAD mean??
Let me clarify.
My H-1 is valid till dec 2005, i just got my EAD which is valid only till Aug 2005. My h-1 is also stamped in my passport, so travelling outside the US is not an issue,
So the question is what does the EAD and the AP give me ??
Can I work a second job, or work on the side without leaving my present job, also does travelling outside the US and reentering on the H-1 instead of AP cause any issue sor problems??

Any input would be great.
Thanks.

Congrats, i believe you are the first case in may 2004 to be approved for EB3 in the forum.

gc_vsc said:
Hi All,

I did not expect this so early after all the frustration I had gone waiting for my EAD/AP( RFE inbetween, local INS rejecting my interim application for EAD). But today is a great day.My 140 got approved.

Please update the tracker.

Thanks
Gc vsc :p

EAD2 Approved

Just checked the status for EAD2. It says on September 7, 2004, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready..

ND 08/19/2004
AD 09/07/2004

They are really processing pretty fast even though it may not be uniform across the board.

any CSC EB3 i-140 approvals?

Congrats.

Any EB3 I-140 approvals from CSC who applied after April 2004 ?
thnx

Nkelkar said:
Hello All,

This may sound like a stupid question , but any ideas would be great.

- what does having a EAD mean??
Let me clarify.
My H-1 is valid till dec 2005, i just got my EAD which is valid only till Aug 2005. My h-1 is also stamped in my passport, so travelling outside the US is not an issue,
So the question is what does the EAD and the AP give me ??
Can I work a second job, or work on the side without leaving my present job, also does travelling outside the US and reentering on the H-1 instead of AP cause any issue sor problems??

Any input would be great.
Thanks.

Since you already have your H1 stamped in your passport, it doesnt mean anything to you. If you are married and your wife is a dependent then this could help her.

Coming back to the USA with AP is not a problem.

If your I-140 is not approved yet then having valid H1-B is always benificial.

Hope this helps.

ST.

I had my FP done on 8/31 and on 9/6 I recieved the email from uscis stating that results of my fp review have been recieved on 9/3/2004 and processing has resumed on my case.
Today I checked and I saw the LUD changed to 9/8/2004 and message is now results of my fp review have been recieved on 9/7/2004 and processing has resumed on my case.

Does anyone knows why will there be a change on date of fp results from 9/3/2004 to 9/8/2004 ? I appeared only once for FP

I have a question.

The VSC Date for I-485 is August 2002. Lot of concurrent are getting FP notices, apparently going the FOM way.

Does it mean that people who filed much later will be approved before separate 485 filers from 2002 are approved?

Another question is that who else files 485's apart from those seeking employement based GC's? Do family based GC applicants file for 485 ??