2004 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

PAUL123 said:
There are no new approval postings from last 2 days. :confused: I wonder any body has any thoughts about it.

May be folks at VSC are already on long holiday weekend...:)
I hope they come back refreshed on Jul 5 and approve a ton of cases.

Last edited by a moderator:
I-140 RFE Still Waiting

Guys, my company responded to I-140 Ability to Pay RFE around mid January 05 (VSC) and we still haven't heard anything back from them. (It's been more than 5 months.) In the meantime, I had my FP done, EAD and AP extended. I am very worried because of this long wait. I wanted to check whether anybody has been waiting this long or whether this is a negative sign.

I-140 and I-485 RD 06/10/04
RFE for I-140 responded 01/15/05 - no decision yet :confused:
EB3 at VSC

call7593 said:
my 485 was recently approved as per uscis website, thugh we have not received the notice by mail.

However my wife's (who is out of country on AP and plans to stay for another two months) is still pending. does the lack of visa number after june 30th create a problem for her application?
Yes, if not approved by tomorrow, will have to wait untill Oct at-least. I hope it will be approved today or tomorrow.
and when will we get our cards (assuming that they have not updated on the status on website for my wife)? or do we have to stamp the passport?
Once you get your approval notice(s), it will be on there if you need PP stamping. Generally, if you did FP code 3, you do not need PP stamping and will get card directly.
i would also like to thank users of this forum as they have provided me with good insight on the process and special thanks to all who resopnded to any of my concerns.

It is June 29th and althought it is too late, but you can still try to send in a expedite request. You can read the details about what I did in similar circumstance, the details are in the thread in my signature or see my post #10056 in this thread on page 671.

Best of Luck!

want_140appr said:
Guys, my company responded to I-140 Ability to Pay RFE around mid January 05 (VSC) and we still haven't heard anything back from them. (It's been more than 5 months.) In the meantime, I had my FP done, EAD and AP extended. I am very worried because of this long wait. I wanted to check whether anybody has been waiting this long or whether this is a negative sign.

EB3 at VSC

RFEs seem to be taking longer than they used to. I am waiting since end of march (almost 3 months) after responding to ability-to-pay RFE. I asked my lawyer to initiate an enquiry last week. You could do the same. You can also contact the local Senator/Congressman in your area requesting a case inquiry from VSC bcos of undue delay.

You can find other people in the same situation at:
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=1187340
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=1184138

want_140appr said:

EB3 at VSC

I am also in the same boat.....just wanted to check if you got your FP notice after recieving the RFE or before that....for me there is no EAD, AP or FP also as of right now......already crossed 2 1/2 months from responding back to A2P RFE for my 140.

will appreciate your response.

pallu2004 said:
I am also in the same boat.....just wanted to check if you got your FP notice after recieving the RFE or before that....for me there is no EAD, AP or FP also as of right now......already crossed 2 1/2 months from responding back to A2P RFE for my 140.

will appreciate your response.

I received EAD, AP extensions and FP notice after the RFE was issued. But in my case, the I-485 receipt date is June 2004, while yours is December 2004, so yours doesn't seem to be a long delay (yet..)

ascii_boston said:
RFEs seem to be taking longer than they used to. I am waiting since end of march (almost 3 months) after responding to ability-to-pay RFE. I asked my lawyer to initiate an enquiry last week. You could do the same. You can also contact the local Senator/Congressman in your area requesting a case inquiry from VSC bcos of undue delay.

You can find other people in the same situation at:
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=1187340
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=1184138

Thanks for the info. My lawyer is also starting an enquiry, hopefully it will be positive. I guess contacting the senator/congressman for the I-140 delay might be difficult without the consent of the employer, since it is company's petition.

want_140appr said:
Thanks for the info. My lawyer is also starting an enquiry, hopefully it will be positive. I guess contacting the senator/congressman for the I-140 delay might be difficult without the consent of the employer, since it is company's petition.

My 140 is also pending for a long time. It was filed in dec 2004

I am also in the same boat. My layer replied RFE on May 12th.
No update on online status yet. Last week he sent a letter to USCS to update online status. He got reply on 6/27 from VSC saying that my application is currently at the officer for review and the decision will be made soon.
Keeping figures crossed.

What documents i have to take to ASC for EAD Finger Prints?

Please let me know what documents i have to take with me to ASC for Finger Prints
i Did Efile last week and got appointment for tomorrow at New Rochelle, NY

please let me know

zamq said:
Please let me know what documents i have to take with me to ASC for Finger Prints
i Did Efile last week and got appointment for tomorrow at New Rochelle, NY

please let me know

Just identification documents like Passport, EAD, DL etc and your Appoint Conformation Number.

When I efiled I thought I could save a trip to photo center for Advance Parole and EAD. But for Advance Parole, photographs need to be sent separately. Its been quiet some time now, havent heard anything on my AP.

forum_75 said:
Hi all, Can I apply for change of status from H4 to F1 while 485 is pending?

You can, but as per rule your application "must" be denied unless officer makes an error. However, theoritically you could be given an option to withdraw your 485 before approval of F1.

Name Check action list

-- Sent an email to FBI for name check status (april'04)
-- Raised a formal inquiry with USCIS for both me and spouse on 485 delay.
-- What next ????

apply for EAD

forum_75 said:
Hi all, Can I apply for change of status from H4 to F1 while 485 is pending?

Why you want to change the status to F1... why not apply for EAD/AP rather....