2004 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

gcalb said:
From what I know, I think once you use your AP to enter the country your H1B is invalid from that point on. Sometimes attorneys advice using AP so that DOH is aware of your pending AOS and sometimes not, based on each individual case history etc, talk to your attorney to be on the safe side.

Hope this helps.
I am in similar situation , I dont think there is any connection between H1 and AP . I read this some where in EAD/AP forum and also got if confirmed from attorney .Guess , its OK to travel on AP while maintaining H1 status .

It takes a month

patnams said:
Guys, I changed address on 485's recently, how long does it take for the online message to change?. Its already 10 days now.

Thanks
It took one month for me. They forgot to update for my wife so I informed them again, so one more month for my wife. If you don't hear in around a month time call them again.

Generally it should reflect in 1 to 5 days. Nowadays USCIS is talking some time to update website case info. They send my inquiry response on June 13, on June 17 they update case info on website saying they send my inquiry response.
patnams said:
Guys, I changed address on 485's recently, how long does it take for the online message to change?. Its already 10 days now.

Thanks

chutney_gc said:
I am in similar situation , I dont think there is any connection between H1 and AP . I read this some where in EAD/AP forum and also got if confirmed from attorney .Guess , its OK to travel on AP while maintaining H1 status .

After you enter on AP, you can work on H1 for the same company you were working before you left, without using EAD.

What if the spouse is on H1 and travels on AP (spouse is dependent on 485)? Can she or he continue to work on H1? (rules are not clear on this one I guess)

After 485 approval message

After 485 approval, how much it is taking these days to get the card ordered message and then card mailed message?

Any thoughts from folks who have received approval lately.

Address change

We have changed our address on our 485 applications about 14 days ago.
Still waiting for the update.

patnams said:

Thanks

Isabella said:
Card mailed

FYI – got the following e-mail today:

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to
Adjust Status

Current Status:

On June 16, 2005, the card order was completed and we mailed the applicant's
new card directly to him or her.

Is this email talking about the green card or is it something else? I have no clue what "the card" meant. :confused:

thanks.

xldie
Yes it is about green card.
Seems this is your first post. R u waiting for you green card ???. I was surprised looking at your question.
xldie said:
Is this email talking about the green card or is it something else? I have no clue what "the card" meant. :confused:

thanks.

3-4 business days

2004_GC said:
After 485 approval, how much it is taking these days to get the card ordered message and then card mailed message?

Any thoughts from folks who have received approval lately.

Congrats xldie.

xldie said:
yep, i've been waiting since 2001 :(

Your 485 is approved and the card has been ordered for you. In few days you will get your GC in the mail.
Enjoy the freedom.

Congrats again.

patnams said:

Thanks

It took about 2 weeks in our case. This was last year.

No, it means if you are eligible to apply EB-3 (PD current if you are from retrogressed country and approved labor), you must apply today (by any overnight courier) so it can be reached to USCIS by tomorrow (June 30 - last day for June). This is because, as USCIS already said, EB-3 is unavailable worldwide from July to end of Sept. From Oct 1, as new quota available fron new fiscal year, EB-3 will available (with probably newer cut-off date). So bottomline is if you don't apply by today, you have to wait for atleast 3 months.

brs2004 said:
Friends,

i see some news in http://www.shusterman.com. EB3 must apply today with approved labor / PERM.

what does it mean any priority date EB3 person can apply for 140 and 485 ?

reply apprciated..

485 approved, spouse 485 pending, now what

my 485 was recently approved as per uscis website, thugh we have not received the notice by mail.

However my wife's (who is out of country on AP and plans to stay for another two months) is still pending. does the lack of visa number after june 30th create a problem for her application?

and when will we get our cards (assuming that they have not updated on the status on website for my wife)? or do we have to stamp the passport?

i would also like to thank users of this forum as they have provided me with good insight on the process and special thanks to all who resopnded to any of my concerns.

Ap

Can I file Advance pariole by myself, if yes, what all documents are required alongwoth form 131 and 2 passport size photos ?

Please let me know

Thanks

need_green_card said:
Can I file Advance pariole by myself, if yes, what all documents are required alongwoth form 131 and 2 passport size photos ?

Please let me know

Thanks

There is a separate thread that has exclusive information under

ImmigrationPortal Forums > USA Immigration Issues > Immigrant Visas (Green Cards)

Look for EAD and AP thread

Yes you can. I did it myself. I got it in 1+ month.

Documents to send :
• Check in the amount of $$$$ for the filing fee
• Form I-131 with two photographs
• Copy of I-485 filing receipt notice
• Copy of I-140 filing receipt notice
• Copy of I-140 approval notice (optional)
• Copy of front and back of last EAD (optional)
• Copy of I-94 arrival/departure card
• Copy of passport
• Copy of Birth certificate (optional)

Attach a covering letter to above document.

Note : To avoid queries from USCIS, Try to send color photocopies and better to take poloriod photos. Make sure you fill all required information I-131 form. Make sure you send the docs to right address (check the 1-131 instructions).

need_green_card said:

Please let me know

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Any new approvals from last 2 days

There are no new approval postings from last 2 days. :confused: I wonder any body has any thoughts about it.