2004 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

Thanks Eric,

Our case is still in VSC.One time they said that everything is ready ,officer has to pick and take decision.
I will some more time.

Thanks
Karunakar
EricS said:
If 290B goes to AAO, it will take time in terms of few months, like EB3 is 14 months right now. Expedite request will not help in this regard. All you can ask VSC is that if they took any action on 290B or forwarded it to AAO.

You can find AAO processing times at this link:
http://www.immigration.com/processing-times/aao.html

Here is the detail for sending expedite request just in case you need it.
Following is the info from USCIS.gov at this link http://uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/vermont/aboutus.htm#anchorCONTACT

"General Expedite Procedures By Fax
The VSC has always been strict with respect to approving requests for special processing. Individuals who are seeking expeditious handling can FAX the Center at (802) 527-4816 to request an expedite.

The fax line is available 24 hours a day. Expedite requests are reviewed Monday through Friday from 8:00AM to 4:00 PM."

Find out if case is in VSC or AAO, if AAO then you will have to wait. In that case, apply another 140 on same LC with new evidence.

No Problem!

call7593 said:
Hi Friends,
I have mixed emotions today. I received 13 emails saying

"Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

This case has been approved. On June 26, 2005, an approval notice was mailed."

Mixed because of following concerns:
- My spouse has not received any emails until this evening (i got it in morning)
- She is out of country on AP and planned to come back in few months
- My company was planning to revoke my I140 (nothing has been done yet for sure)

Where do we stand in this circumstances as I am here on AP. Please friends advise as I want to enjoy this atleast for a day before US Government changes his mind. Thanks

As far as your wife's case is concerned, there is no problem. I am the standing example. Our case was approved on 5/25 and my wife was already in India at that time. Moreover, I flew to India on 5/26, next day after the approval. Some members on this forum had advised me against the travel. But, I spoke with my attorneys and took the risk which paid off. At the port of entry, ask your wife to show them her AP (Not Visa even if it is a valid one). They will usher her into another room, where an officer will validate the AP and let her in. Same thing happened to me. No questions asked. As far as revocation of I-140 is concerned, I am not sure why you are worried about that now, since your case is approved. Anyway, consult your attorney regarding that.

Eric and JK

Om SAI RAM

One more question, If they send application to AAO, does our EAD will be valid and I485 be resumed automatically.( AP and EAD are become active)

Thanks
Karunakar

Hi,

I want to know if there is anything one can do without passing FPGEE? I have a friend from India who have completed his MS in Pharmecuetical Management from Long Island University, NY with a good GPA but did not pass the exam after appearing in it for 2 times and has no hope for the 3rd attempt (on June 25th 2005) either :( . Is it possible for him to appear in the exam for the 4th time without any complications? Can he get a respectable job on the basis of his MS degree? Is there any way he can find a H1-B sponsor for him?

I know these are a lot many questions, but I am really worried.

Please PM me at rckystr@yahoo.com

Thanks
Rckystr

Beeru_thaaganu said:
As far as your wife's case is concerned, there is no problem. I am the standing example. Our case was approved on 5/25 and my wife was already in India at that time. Moreover, I flew to India on 5/26, next day after the approval. Some members on this forum had advised me against the travel. But, I spoke with my attorneys and took the risk which paid off. At the port of entry, ask your wife to show them her AP (Not Visa even if it is a valid one). They will usher her into another room, where an officer will validate the AP and let her in. Same thing happened to me. No questions asked. As far as revocation of I-140 is concerned, I am not sure why you are worried about that now, since your case is approved. Anyway, consult your attorney regarding that.

I have not informed anybody else, including the lawyer yet. my company is anyways client of the lawyer, and may be the same one if they work on revocation. so i want ot feel comfortable before i disclose about the emails i got.

It's Eb3 not Eb2

I received GC approval serveral days ago. I was thinking all the time it's EB2, I found that it's EB3 with priority date oct/2001 non-retrog country. Please Update the Tracker. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I-131 filed at wrong center

Hi Gurus,

Need help.
I made a stupid mistake with my I-131 application. Instead of sending the I-131 application to the VSC, I sent the I-131 application to Chicago Lock Box. Even got the MSC receipt number.

Am I going to be in trouble because of this?
Will this application be processed properly and quickly?
What are my options?

Please help.
Binary

Eb2?eb3

Hi FILE040505,
Can you pls explain, why was the confusion about EB3/EB2? My 140 receipt shows advanced degree and/or excepctional ability and I am assuming it EB2. are there any other factors that matters?
Thanks,

FILE040505 said:
I received GC approval serveral days ago. I was thinking all the time it's EB2, I found that it's EB3 with priority date oct/2001 non-retrog country. Please Update the Tracker. Thanks

Check with saffronizeddesi, he/she also has same kind of issue. http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=1174609&highlight=wrong#post1174609
binary said:
Hi Gurus,

Need help.
I made a stupid mistake with my I-131 application. Instead of sending the I-131 application to the VSC, I sent the I-131 application to Chicago Lock Box. Even got the MSC receipt number.

Am I going to be in trouble because of this?
Will this application be processed properly and quickly?
What are my options?

Please help.
Binary

Hi Friends,
I want to be happy but have few questions that is forcing me to repeat my concerns again (after repeating few buds). I received 13 emails saying

"Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

This case has been approved. On June 26, 2005, an approval notice was mailed."

Mixed because of following concerns:
- My spouse has not received any emails until this evening (i got it in morning). if not approved until June 30th, does she has to wait until October 1st becasue of unavailiblity of visa number?
- She is out of country on AP and planned to come back in few months. Does she has to come back before the card is issues or can I mail the card when it is issued, assuming her 495 is approved too
- My company was planning to revoke my I140 (nothing has been done yet for sure). What if they revoke it now?
- If I continue with the company, and leave in less than 6 months will it create a problem?

I wan to enjoy the moment, but because of my experience in the past want ot doubly sure before i raise the toast. friends, please help me in untying this web in my head. Thanks.

Eb3?eb2?

gc5-28 said:
Hi FILE040505,
Can you pls explain, why was the confusion about EB3/EB2? My 140 receipt shows advanced degree and/or excepctional ability and I am assuming it EB2. are there any other factors that matters?
Thanks,

The I-140 reciept showed that it is EB3, but the lawyer mentioned that she filed it as EB2. And always when I call VSC they mentioned that it is EB3, last time I called VSC I asked the officer about this confusion he told me the I-140 approval determine exactly what is your I-140, and finally I got concurrent I-140 and I-485 approvals.

Good luck to all

Waitjuly01,palmighty,
yesterday i was looking at my 485 receipt. I see priority date is blank. Do you see your labor priority date on I 485 receipts.
Thank You,

karurama said:
Om SAI RAM

One more question, If they send application to AAO, does our EAD will be valid and I485 be resumed automatically.( AP and EAD are become active)

Thanks
Karunakar
No, EAD and AP do not become active untill 485 reopens.

Thanks FILE040505,
As my 140 receipt shows EB2, so there should be no confusion for me :cool: .

FILE040505 said:
The I-140 reciept showed that it is EB3, but the lawyer mentioned that she filed it as EB2. And always when I call VSC they mentioned that it is EB3, last time I called VSC I asked the officer about this confusion he told me the I-140 approval determine exactly what is your I-140, and finally I got concurrent I-140 and I-485 approvals.

Good luck to all

Priority date is blank in my receipt too

VSC2004485 said:
Waitjuly01,palmighty,
yesterday i was looking at my 485 receipt. I see priority date is blank. Do you see your labor priority date on I 485 receipts.
Thank You,

Priority date is blank in my receipt too

AP vs H1

Can I use my EAD with the employer who sponsered my GC.
I am still working with him on H1 and my h1 is going to expire in March 2006, would be completing full 6 years tenure for h1.
My 140 is approved but due to visa number unavailabilitymy 485 is getting delayed. I have travel plans for india next year,
should i extend my H1 and get visa stamped in india while coming back or
can i use advance parole even though i have not used EAD ever ?

Please let me know.
Thanks

need_green_card said:
Can I use my EAD with the employer who sponsered my GC.
I am still working with him on H1 and my h1 is going to expire in March 2006, would be completing full 6 years tenure for h1.
My 140 is approved but due to visa number unavailabilitymy 485 is getting delayed. I have travel plans for india next year,
should i extend my H1 and get visa stamped in india while coming back or
can i use advance parole even though i have not used EAD ever ?

Please let me know.
Thanks

From what I know, I think once you use your AP to enter the country your H1B is invalid from that point on. Sometimes attorneys advice using AP so that DOH is aware of your pending AOS and sometimes not, based on each individual case history etc, talk to your attorney to be on the safe side.

Hope this helps.

Address Change

Guys, I changed address on 485's recently, how long does it take for the online message to change?. Its already 10 days now.

Thanks