2004 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

karurama,

All the best. Hope you will overcome this problem and have your approval soon

This forum ROCKS!!!! peers helping each other and standing shoulder to shoulder, is so comforting under these situations.

good Luck!!

karurama said:
Thanks Eric, I spoke to JK , he is so much helping, i can't beleive that.He himself called me and suggested all optinons.Really it is great help .

Thanks
Karunakar( SAI)

FP done

Folks,

Got my FP done today(04/08/05) at Manchester.

Noticed LUD change immediately. Pl see my signature

140 approved!

Phew!!! F-i-n-a-l-l-y!

Could someone please update the tracker for me?
RFE on I-140 on 2/8.
Response filed and recd on 4/6.
I-140 approved on 4/8.

:) Thanks

GreenCardVirus said:
If I were you, I would get an AP for any travel plans in June.

I actually already did apply for AP on December 10 2004. I got an RFE mid Feb but because I moved, I did not get the letter for a few weeks. I responded to the RFE for pictures to be resent and they received these on March 26th.

I never applied for EAD because I had my H1 extended into the 7th year. The H1 extension was approved on Sept 29th 2004. However, I never received it in the mail. The lawyer requested for a duplicate and one was sent on January 14th 2005 but I STILL have not received it. The lawyer is now following up on it. Needless to say I had to cancel my Xmas travel plans because I did not have the actual H1 document to get my passport stamped re-enter the country. That is why I applied for AP back in December.

I am not holding out too much hope on receiving the H1, and now the AP is also delayed. I am hoping SOMETHING comes through in the next month before I get a stroke from worrying, sleepless nights and feeling trapped.

-- afrqn.

Labour PD: Nov 2001
140 AP: April 2004

485 processing
RD: 5/20/04
ND: 5/24/04
LUD: 2/2/05
FP Notice: 2/16/05
FP schedule and completed: 3/4/05
LUD: 3/11/05 FP results received and processing has resumed.
LUD: 3/28 - (Probably from address change)
LUD: 3/29 same message
AD: ??????

Jharkandi and Dhoni

Jai Jharkandi.. Jai MS Dhoni

MA_Labor said:
Honestly there are so many selfless people on this forum who dedicate their crucial time helping others. Definitely JK is one of the very best.

Karurama, all the best to you. Hopefully with the help of such people you will get out of this very soon.

rkg12345 said:
Phew!!! F-i-n-a-l-l-y!

Could someone please update the tracker for me?
RFE on I-140 on 2/8.
Response filed and recd on 4/6.
I-140 approved on 4/8.

:) Thanks

Congrats.
Can you please share as to what your RFE was about ?

Visa Numbers Move in April 2005

Looks like a Good News for those who filed before 2005!!!

Visa Numbers Move in April 2005
Posted Apr 08, 2005

The April 2005 Visa Bulletin, issued by the U.S. Department of State (DOS), brought some limited good news to those in the Employment-Based Third Preference (EB3) skilled / professional worker category. The news was not good for those in the EB3 "Other Worker" category. Those readers unfamiliar with the topic of retrogression, will find helpful information in our September 24, 2004 MurthyBulletin article, Priority Dates May Retrogress, as well as our December 10, 2004 NewsFlash, Employment Visa Numbers Retrogress, both available on MurthyDotCom.
©MurthyDotCom
EB3 Skilled / Professional Workers
©MurthyDotCom
The priority date for EB3 skilled / professional workers from mainland China, India, and the Philippines moved ahead to April 1, 2002. This means that those charged to those countries in the EB3 skilled / professional worker category, who are the beneficiaries of labor certifications or labor certification-exempt I-140 petitions filed before April 1, 2002, are eligible to file the I-485 application to adjust status or pursue consular processing during the month of April 2005. Additionally, persons in this category with priority dates that are now current, who have already filed the I-485 but found their cases "on hold" due to retrogression, now once again are eligible for case approval. All countries other than India, mainland China, and the Philippines remain "current" for the EB3 skilled / professional worker category. This means that there are sufficient visa numbers available for all priority dates for those nationals at this time.
©MurthyDotCom
EB3 "Other Workers"
©MurthyDotCom
As mentioned, the news for the EB3 "Other Worker" category is not good. The "Other Worker" category has retrogressed to July 1, 2001 for all countries. Other Worker positions are those requiring less than 2 years of training / experience, so this refers to the unskilled / semiskilled worker category.
©MurthyDotCom

3rd LUD No Msg Change..................

JK,Mike and BabaItec,
Thanks for your help..
At last I saw one More(3rd) LUD change...after FP

afrqn said:
I actually already did apply for AP on December 10 2004. I got an RFE mid Feb but because I moved, I did not get the letter for a few weeks. I responded to the RFE for pictures to be resent and they received these on March 26th.

I never applied for EAD because I had my H1 extended into the 7th year. The H1 extension was approved on Sept 29th 2004. However, I never received it in the mail. The lawyer requested for a duplicate and one was sent on January 14th 2005 but I STILL have not received it. The lawyer is now following up on it. Needless to say I had to cancel my Xmas travel plans because I did not have the actual H1 document to get my passport stamped re-enter the country. That is why I applied for AP back in December.

I am not holding out too much hope on receiving the H1, and now the AP is also delayed. I am hoping SOMETHING comes through in the next month before I get a stroke from worrying, sleepless nights and feeling trapped.

You can get an AP at a local office, citing emergent reasons. I really dont know the details but you could do your own research. Just one possibility.

Re: 140 aproved!

LSapirant,

RFE was regarding educational qualifications. I got my education+work experience evaluated by Trustforte.

LSaspirant said:
Congrats.
Can you please share as to what your RFE was about ?

Fp

FP notice scheduled on 4/11/2005 Code 3 for me and my spouse.
Can u pls ans the following
what is code 3
what are the documets I should carry with me
Any fee and forms

Thanks in advance
:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Slave_Victim said:
FP notice scheduled on 4/11/2005 Code 3 for me and my spouse.
Can u pls ans the following
what is code 3
what are the documets I should carry with me
Any fee and forms

Thanks in advance
:)
Code 3 means Biometrics which means your digital signature and your right index fingerprint. Other than that they will take your picture and they will get your finger prints for each finger one by one. When I was there, they also did all my four fingers (except thumb) at once before they started individual fingerprinting.

NO fee.

As for documents, picture ID and the FP notice. I heard from people that they took all their related documents with them which I did the same, but they didn't ask for them.

GreenCard Approved......

Hello Folks

My green Card has been approved on April'04 2005.I feel extremly lucky that,the whole process took only 4 months.I filed I-140 and I-485 concurrently on Dec 2nd 2004.I found this forum really helpful and great source for some valuble information.I want to thank guys like Jharkandi,itec and others for sharing their invaluable knowledge and experience here.
Finally Good luck to every oneto cross this barrier and enjoy their much
need ed freedom.

Thanks....

Your case detail would be more meaningful than anything else.

21579 said:
Hello Folks

My green Card has been approved on April'04 2005.I feel extremly lucky that,the whole process took only 4 months.I filed I-140 and I-485 concurrently on Dec 2nd 2004.I found this forum really helpful and great source for some valuble information.I want to thank guys like Jharkandi,itec and others for sharing their invaluable knowledge and experience here.
need ed freedom.

Thanks....

21579 said:
Hello Folks

need ed freedom.

Thanks....
congrats on your GC approval
can you provide some info about your case
your PD and other info
it will be helpful for others

21579 Congrats!! Please post your details... I am posting one of your earlier posts to give some details about your case to forum members.

21579's Post from 9th March 2005.

Hello Friends,

Hope every one is doing great.This forum so helpful and informative.I have a small question here. Gurus like Jharkandi,itec or anyone please share your thoughts.

I filled my 140 and 485 COncurrently Last November 2004 Labour Sub PD 2001).I got the FP notice and finished my FP (early FP,code 3) Last week.My concern is,my wife is in India already and we will be back after 5 weeks.But If I do so,then I have to postponed my wife FP date.

1.Is it advisable to post pone the spouse FP date?
2.By any chance does it have any implications on My approval (140 and 485).I am the primary applicant.
3.Since EB2 moved already to Dec 16,I did'nt get any message reg my I-140.Do you guys have any rough estimate,when it will be through.By the way TWO LUD changes already in I-485 after the FP.

Thanks

21579 said:
Hello Folks

need ed freedom.

Thanks....

Can you please post the following information about your case:

1. Employment based Category (EB1, EB2, EB3 ... assuming your case is employment based)
2. Priority Date (date of labor filing)
3. Country of birth (self and spouse)
4. Notice dates for 140 and 485 filing.
5. 140 Approval date.
6. 485 Approval date.

21579 said:
Hello Folks

need ed freedom.

Thanks....

pulvi16 said:
thanx for ur reply,
his LC FILED IS less than 365 days that is why the problem .
he applied for LC in nov 22,,2004. and his visa expiration date is sept 22 nd.plzzzzzzz can u suggest now what to do. still he is short of 22 days as per his caluclation.

if as u said the first option is still going to be valid means then he will do like that only.

thanx a lot.

As far as I understand you have to be legally in the country to apply for 7th year extension. So you can't leave the country without getting the H1 approval.

One thing you can do is you can apply for another H1b for those 45 days if you have at least 30 days of vacation at a stretch (one time vacation). Then you are pretty much saved. You can’t apply too much of a logic when you deal with INS. You have to make your petition simple and match you request line by line with the law.
PS: I am not a lawyer. Act on your own risk.

Ever_fre

nivasch said:
JK,Mike and BabaItec,
Thanks for your help..
At last I saw one More(3rd) LUD change...after FP

nivasch,
I also did FP on 3/26/2005 at Newark. Did you call FBI? Please, give more details.
Thanks
ever_fre