2004 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

To my knowledge, you will not allowed entry into US.
After 485 approval, you can get it stamped in your passport in one of the ASC. You can use it till you receive the plastic card.

LSaspirant said:
anru,

what can happen in this case:
1. Person Outside US for Business trip or gone to India
2. 485 Approved
3. NO Advance Parole Taken.

Maybe Advance Parole is the safest bet but what else can one do ?
Also after the 485 approval what do we need to do before we travel outside US.

Thanks a lot.

Have you moved to Detroit or is it just a temporary stay? Why i am asking is, if you have moved and done address change, you can walk in to Detroit ASC and try. Even if they don't allow, and you are going to come back to Newark in a week or two, you can come back and do it in Newark itself.
The FP notice will have info that if you cannot make it on the scheduled date, you can go on one of the Wednesday as long as you do it before the date they have given in the FP notice. If Newark doesn't allow and if you don't mind driving to Long Island, NY try in Hempstead, NY ASC. They do allow FP irrespective where and when you are scheduled.

But, you can always give it a shot in Detroit ASC before or after Apr 2nd.

harithpatra said:
Pl. some can help me !

Thanks

Again talked to lawyer

Anru,

Again I spoke to my lawyer and he mentioned that my h1b will be invalid but they will stamp it on my passport ( 551) at the POE. The reason is, while i am gone.. how would i know that my 485 will be approved.

Thanks

anru said:
Yes you can, as long as your I485 is not yet approved. What i said was, when your 485 is approved, your H1B will become invalid.
If your 485 is still pending, you can use your H1B to reenter. Atleast if you have not done your FP, you won't be facing this issue.

Thanks

Thanks anru !

I am not sure how long I will be DETROIT(may be one month), but I would like have the old address as my permanent address.

anru said:
Have you moved to Detroit or is it just a temporary stay? Why i am asking is, if you have moved and done address change, you can walk in to Detroit ASC and try. Even if they don't allow, and you are going to come back to Newark in a week or two, you can come back and do it in Newark itself.
The FP notice will have info that if you cannot make it on the scheduled date, you can go on one of the Wednesday as long as you do it before the date they have given in the FP notice. If Newark doesn't allow and if you don't mind driving to Long Island, NY try in Hempstead, NY ASC. They do allow FP irrespective where and when you are scheduled.

But, you can always give it a shot in Detroit ASC before or after Apr 2nd.

I don't know about that. May be some experienced people can share their views/experience on this.
Wherever you go, your attorney is supposed to inform you of your 485 approved. Or you can track/find status online at USCIS website.

Lifesaver said:
Anru,

Again I spoke to my lawyer and he mentioned that my h1b will be invalid but they will stamp it on my passport ( 551) at the POE. The reason is, while i am gone.. how would i know that my 485 will be approved.

Thanks

Some people whose FP was scheduled in East coast, have successfully done FP in California. Although it varies by ASC, Try it in Detroit and share your experience here.
harithpatra said:
Thanks anru !

I am not sure how long I will be DETROIT(may be one month), but I would like have the old address as my permanent address.

Address change

I've updated my address recently with USCIS. Is there a message for this change. If so, what would it look like? Appreciate your inputs.

thanks,
cooldude2k4.

There will be LUD change, but no message change. You will also receive confirmation letter to your new address from USCIS for address change.
cooldude2k4 said:
I've updated my address recently with USCIS. Is there a message for this change. If so, what would it look like? Appreciate your inputs.

thanks,
cooldude2k4.

cooldude2k4 said:

thanks,
cooldude2k4.

LUD change for 2-3 times and status message change to something like "On X we responded on blah-blah". Plus confirmation mail.

There will be LUD change, but no message change. You will also receive confirmation letter to your new address from USCIS for address change.

LUD change for 2-3 times and status message change to something like "On X we responded on blah-blah". Plus confirmation mail.

Thanks guys.

cooldude2k4 said:

thanks,
cooldude2k4.

Yes, there will be a LUD. It is the usual generic message, but will say "we have responded to your request for additional information on such and such a date etc.....
Happened in our case. Hope this helps

LUD change issue after FP

Hello everyone,

We(wife and I) had our FP done on 3/17/05 and LUD changes were made on 3/17,3/18 and 3/25 - on this last day, message changed for my wife ("case resumed.....") but no message changed for me.

Is this usual or do I have to do something about it? I appreciate any insight/advice.

LUD Changes

Friends,

There is only one LUD change (3/8) for my 485, and this change is with a message change “Received FP……). Afterwards there is no LUD change.

For looking at post from other people, they have multiple LUD changes??? Any thoughts or suggestions?

Regards,

docneedsdoc said:
Hello everyone,

We(wife and I) had our FP done on 3/17/05 and LUD changes were made on 3/17,3/18 and 3/25 - on this last day, message changed for my wife ("case resumed.....") but no message changed for me.

Is this usual or do I have to do something about it? I appreciate any insight/advice.

This is normal with everyone.

GC_485_2001 said:
Friends,

There is only one LUD change (3/8) for my 485, and this change is with a message change “Received FP……). Afterwards there is no LUD change.

For looking at post from other people, they have multiple LUD changes??? Any thoughts or suggestions?

Regards,

Sometime it takes to update their system.
I think you should not worry about LUD's and ignore them.

No "received" message change after FP

Hi All - I'm just worried that there is no Message change in I-485 even after 3 weeks of giving my FP. After giving my FP/bio on 3/9 there was an LUD on 3/10, 3/23 and 3/24. But the message never changed to "received" as it is for others. Do i really need to worry about it, call the VSC and ask them or should i wait for few more days? This is the same case with my spouse who gave her FP/bio along with me.

thanks