2004 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

I-140 and I-485 acronyms

I am new to this group. Could somebody please explain the I-140 and I-485 acronyms like RD, ND etc? Where do you get those info?

Do you or your lawyer get a receipt for 140 or 485? How long does it take after application is submitted to get those?

Also, I have applied for 140/485/EAD/AP together, but do not have any one of these approved yet. Do I need to take anything other then the H1B visa and passport for travel? Like I-485 receipt?

Thanks in advance...

RD - Receipt date - date on USCIS received your application

ND - Notified date - Date mentioned in Notice of action document.

Your lawyer will receive all notice of action documents in whcih you will find above dates.

You may also see the dates on back of your personal checks cleared from USCIS.

If you have valid visa stamp in the passport, you do not need any thing else I guess. May be taken copies/original for extra caution..!! Who knows what they ask at port of entry...!!!!

Good luck..

Receipt

Thanks Marais.

Could anybody please tell me how long it takes to get the receipt for 140/485 concurrent filing?

Bostonbuddy,

My answer is different than Marais. My lawyer insisted that while travelling keep 485 receipt even with H1 visa stamp else you may be in trouble - cancelling 485 application and may need to start again. I researched on these forums and found many response mentioning that risk.

when you file 485, you should be physically here. if one doesn't have receipt, there is some technicality (don't quite understandable). I would say double check with attorney/search forums and play safe.

Regards

Thanks to both of you. Hopefully I will get my 485 receipt before I travel.I will post my dates to this forum as soon as I get those receipts.

Thank you

Sree,
Thank for your all answers.

I thought to file all by myself as lawyer is little ignorant of replying. But I made him understand yesterday that I am a customer to him. Now he understood my proirity.

I will go through him as I know how to grill him now.

So lets see how this boat sails after that long labor sailing.....

:D

H1B Cap Reached for the year 2004

Press Release February 17, 2004

USCIS ANNOUNCES NEW H-1B PROCEDURES – REACHES CAP
Washington, D.C.– U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) announced today that it has received enough H-1B petitions to meet this year’s congressionally mandated cap of 65,000 new workers. After today, USCIS will not accept any new H-1B petitions for first-time employment subject to the FY 2004 annual cap.

USCIS has implemented the following procedure for the remainder of FY 2004:
• USCIS will process all petitions filed for first-time employment received by the end of business today.
• USCIS will return all petitions for first-time employment subject to the annual cap received after the end of business today.
• Returned petitions will be accompanied by the filing fee
• Petitioners may re-submit their petitions when H-1B visas become available for FY 2005
• The earliest date a petitioner may file a petition requesting FY 2005 H-1B employment with an employment start date of October 1, 2004, would be April 1, 2004
Petitions for current H-1B workers do not count towards the congressionally mandated H-1B cap. Accordingly, USCIS will continue to process petitions filed to:
• Extend the amount of time a current H-1B worker may remain in the United States
• Change the terms of employment for current H-1B workers
• Allow current H-1B workers to change employers
• Allow current H-1B workers to work concurrently in a second H-1B position
USCIS also notes that petitions for new H-1B employment are not subject to the annual cap if the alien will be employed at an institution of higher education or a related or affiliated nonprofit entity, or at a nonprofit research organization or a governmental research organization. USCIS will also continue to process H-1B petitions for workers from Singapore and Chile consistent with Public Laws 108-77 and 108-78.

- USCIS -
On March 1, 2003, U.S Citizenship and Immigration Services became one of three legacy INS components to join the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. USCIS is charged with fundamentally transforming and improving the delivery of immigration and citizenship services, while enhancing our nation's security.

It is little strange. My application was mailed on Jan13th through overnight courier. I had tracked the package and it received at INS centre on Jan 14th but I got the receipt notice with RD as 02/05/2004 and ND as 02/11/04.
I updated my information in the spread sheet.

You guys had somehow missed the formulas in the summary columns, added that and also added the Avg time at the bottom. Also corrected the sort order.

Originally posted by inferno
It is little strange. My application was mailed on Jan13th through overnight courier. I had tracked the package and it received at INS centre on Jan 14th but I got the receipt notice with RD as 02/05/2004 and ND as 02/11/04.
I updated my information in the spread sheet.

Nothing strange about it - refer to my previous post in this forum. Read the procedural document - the application gies through a bunch of 'mailroom' checks before the receipt gets generated. I'm sure these take some time....

Hey Guys,
Can someone please add my info also to the spread sheet.
EB2
MD: 02/05/2004
RD: 02/09/2004
ND: 02/12/2004

Concurrent filing of 140/485.
Did not apply for EAD.
Thanks

Harypati

vaccinations required

Hi All,
Two questions..
Do we need to have the vaccinations to be done at the time of filing 140/485 or later?
Do the INS approved civil surgeon will know what vaccinations to give or do I need to provide the list?

Thanks

Re: vaccinations required

Originally posted by ram25
Hi All,
Two questions..
Do we need to have the vaccinations to be done at the time of filing 140/485 or later?
Do the INS approved civil surgeon will know what vaccinations to give or do I need to provide the list?

Thanks

Not necessary ... you just need to get the process started.

INS approved surgeon

Re: vaccinations required

Originally posted by ram25
Hi All,
Two questions..

Thanks

Yes. All applicants for adjustment of status(I-485) are required to have a medical examination. Along with the physical exam, immunizations(vaccinations) in accordance with the Center for Disease Control are also required. You need to submit the form I-693 in a sealed envelope along with your I-485 to present to the USCIS.
(If you don't have you previous vaccination records then you have to get the required vaccination at this point of time.)

The designated civil surgeon can determine which of the listed vaccinations are medically appropriate for you, given your age, medical history and current medical condition.

Here is the link for form I-693 and you have more information here

http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/files/i-693.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi All,
My I-140, I-485, AP and EAD were filed concurrently on 2/12/04 in the EB-3 category. Here are my details -
MD - 2/12/04
RD - 2/23/04
ND - ?

The wait begins!

Case Dates

Hi All,

My I-140, I-485, AP and EAD were filed concurrently on 2/12/04 in the EB-3 category. Here are my updated details -
MD - 2/12/04
RD - 2/13/04
ND - 2/18/04

Someone please update the spreadsheet with my details. Thanks!

I-485 Case Status

Does anyone know the USCIS website where I can get my case updates based on the EAC Number?