2004 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

ND(Notice date) is the date the INS gives the EAC-04-xxx-xxxxx number. This means that all your forms are ok and the fees paid etc..or ok. After this ....pray god everyday to get the approval.

Good Luck

Sree1965

Concurrent or Semi-concurrent

Hello all,

I am sorry, if this is not a correct forum to ask this question but I am realy confused.

I am on valid H1 status and ready to file for 140+485+EAD+AP for myself and my wife in first week of Feb (once I will recd. birth record)

Problem is, we are planning to go to India in March and will not be able to get 485 receipt before that. I am planning to come back in May and my wife will be in June

What you guys will suggest ?

1. Should I hold for filing for 3 months everything ?

2. Should I file 140 first and file 485 for myself in May and for my wife in June

3. Should I file 140 first and file 485 for both of us in June ?

4. Cancel India trip till I get 485 receipt.

Thanks in advance for your response

Re: Concurrent or Semi-concurrent

If you are mainiting your H1/H4 status then you can file your I140 and I-485 and can go to India with out worrying for I-485 receipt.
I-485 recept does not mean any thing for traveling(I think you are confused with AP which will be needed if you are not maintaining your H1 status and filed i-485 or either of you working on EAD.). If you have valid visa then you can enter any time. But make sure your attorney files your I-485 when you are in US. You need to be physically present in this country when you are applying for AOS/i-485.

So my suggestion is file I-140 and I485 for you and your wife ASAP assuming you both have valid H1 and H4 visas.

Originally posted by happy4you
Hello all,

I am sorry, if this is not a correct forum to ask this question but I am realy confused.

I am on valid H1 status and ready to file for 140+485+EAD+AP for myself and my wife in first week of Feb (once I will recd. birth record)

Problem is, we are planning to go to India in March and will not be able to get 485 receipt before that. I am planning to come back in May and my wife will be in June

What you guys will suggest ?

1. Should I hold for filing for 3 months everything ?

2. Should I file 140 first and file 485 for myself in May and for my wife in June

3. Should I file 140 first and file 485 for both of us in June ?

4. Cancel India trip till I get 485 receipt.

Thanks in advance for your response

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi inferno,

Thanks for your reply. My lawyer is stating that once you file 485, you must have to keep travel receipt along with you. I tried to search other thread and found few mentioning the same. Some thread mentions, if not done, at poe, officer may put remark to abanodon 485 application, if I don't have receipt. Very confused and tense.

BTW, what is the disadvantage of filing 140 first and filing 485 after coming back ?

Thanks in advance

Got Receipt No.

I-140

MD : 01-22-2004
RD : 01-23-2004
ND : 01-24-2004 [EAC-04-077-50xxx]

Approval : ?????

Hi SS :

From my attorney. The check was sent by the Law office only. Today morning she sent me an e-mail, and also sent a photo copy of I-140(Receipt Notice) by post. I will receive in couple of days.

Sree

ND date

Inferno,

Please update my details in the EXCEL.

MD: 01-26-2004
RD: 01-27-2004
ND: 01-28-2004

EAC040805XXXX
(got EAC# , ND from attorney)

thanks
SS78

Sree,
Thanks for your kind reply

Re: ND date

Updated with sunshine information.
Originally posted by sunshine78
Inferno,

Please update my details in the EXCEL.

MD: 01-26-2004
RD: 01-27-2004
ND: 01-28-2004

EAC040805XXXX
(got EAC# , ND from attorney)

thanks
SS78

Sree,
Thanks for your kind reply

New to Forum

Hi guyz,
Nice to see you all back again after Phily Forum.
My labor is certified on Jan 30th and I prepared all documents for filing I-140, I-485 ,EAD, AP.

Do I need AP as my H1 is valid till Nov 2004?

Will my priority date for I-140 will be sesa reciept date. If so it will be Dec 5th, 2002.
In immigration sites I-140 for EB2 is June 2002.
How to calculate processing time for I-140 to know where I stand. Is it based on Priority date or I-140 reciept date.

Too many questions right.. I just started ...

Cheers

:cool:

No reply

Hi guyz,
I am new to this forum and none of them answered for my questions.
Whatz going on?

Cheers

:D

File by self

Hi guyz,
I want to file I-140&I-485&EAD & all other by self without attorney.
How about the idea?
I did my canadian immigration and got successfully.
Why not GC?
Shall I take a chance?

I have every inch of relavant docs with me including payslips for past 6yrs.

Suggest...

Hi rmandiga :

Welcome to 2004 Filers

1)My labor is certified on Jan 30th and I prepared all documents for filing I-140, I-485 ,EAD, AP.
A) Congratulations and welcome.

2)Do I need AP as my H1 is valid till Nov 2004?
A) You need not have the AP until Nov 2004. Even after that also if you are not leaving US, you need not have.

3)Will my priority date for I-140 will be sesa reciept date. If so it will be Dec 5th, 2002.
A) No. Your priority date is your I-140 Receipt date.

4) In immigration sites I-140 for EB2 is June 2002.
A) Now moved to Jan 2003.

5)How to calculate processing time for I-140 to know where I stand. Is it based on Priority date or I-140 reciept date.
A) Your priority date is your I-140 Receipt date.

Too many questions right.. I just started ...
A) All your questions are answered....Right??

Sree

Hi rmandiga :

You can file on your own, if you know the procedure. Simple pay stubs are not enough some times to process your I-140/I-485/A.P/EAD. These processing times are very, very lengthy and a simple mistake will take you back to 2 years behind.

That is the reason we are paying high fees to the lawyers.

But if you are confident and had done enough research I think you can file.

But Candian Immigration is different from US. Yours is employment based G.C. So INS will check lot of other documents also.

I-140 has to be signed by your employer. Will they agree if you prepare the documents??

Think all these and proceed further....

Best of luck in saving around $3000.00[In 24 months]

Sree

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I want to file I-140&I-485&EAD & all other by self without attorney.
How about the idea?
I did my canadian immigration and got successfully.
Why not GC?
Shall I take a chance?

I have every inch of relavant docs with me including payslips for past 6yrs.

Suggest...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi, rmandiga:

you sound confident.

just curious, did you prepare the lab cert by your self ? if so, you might want to next step.

Not true. Depends on filing category. Check page 1-17 in the following to determine PD:
http://www.immigration.com/newsletter/i485standard.pdf

It's not really relevant at this time since all EB dates are currrent for visa availability.

Originally posted by sree1965
Hi rmandiga :

3)Will my priority date for I-140 will be sesa reciept date. If so it will be Dec 5th, 2002.
A) No. Your priority date is your I-140 Receipt date.

Sree