2004 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

anru said:
Congrats Kosmo. Within a month after FP, you got approved. This gives us lot of hope.
Itec, Yours should be on the way.

There you go, a month after FP. My observation was correct. If this is true, many of us here are going to get the good news soon.

tiredofw8ing said:
GJK, ITEC, and everyone else..

Can you please answer my question...
How long after the 485 approval do I have to work for my employer? I am being overworked, underpaid and feel exploited... I am ready to quit this process all together and go back to where I came from.. It is that bad..
So the question is, how long do I have to stick with my employer before I get my freedom without getting in trouble with USCIS??
HELP !!!

Thanks to everyone

GreenCardVirus said:
Not to generalize but it is the case with most people who linger around these forums.

If one has a good job, good pay, stable company, and no fear of GC getting rejected, there is no reason why anyone would want to come to this forum.
They can just check the USCIS dates once in a while just to make sure that things are going forward.

btw: same case here.

Not a bad way to summarize the general situation.

I spoke to my attorney about this last week (I have not received my 485 approval yet... but wanted to find out from her of any potential issues with using AC21 and other GC related questions). She mentioned that USCIS does not have any defined policies on how long to stay after 485. It's purely based on employer-employee agreements if any. However, she recommended that I consider staying for 'at least' six months after approval of my 485. Again, no specific reason given. This recommendation falls into the ever hazy "best practices".

As someone else indicated earlier, I have heard in the past that it may look bad IF you quit immediately after getting 485 approval WHEN you apply for Citizenship. Again... this is another gray area to me. How soon is too soon? USCIS folks can nail you (or me) for many reasons (or no reason at all) if they want to.

As far as I am concerned, I am hoping to get a better job soon (I like my current job - but five yrs with one company is little too long for me!!). My 140 approval gave me the flexibility I have been waiting for. It would be great if I can switch before I get my 485. It will probably take me a year to love or hate the new job and new company anyway!! So I would have stayed with the new company for over six months by the time I decide to stay or go.

If I do end-up staying at my current job until my 485 is approved - I am planning to stay for six months. I got this comfort level after I spoke to my attorney. You may want to do the same just to make sure that your decision is an informed one and that you can own the responsibility of the outcome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bodhal Singh said:
Hi JK,

Sorry for the delay in answering.
Yes, I am back in the US.

Came by Singapore Airlines. I had AP which was valid till 15th July '05. My POE was LA. The lady at counter asked for AP. I showed her our (mine as well as my wife's) APs. She Stamped it and made a photocopy for her records. Returned me the originals. She just took 3-4 minutes. No questions asked.

Then she said with a big smile on her face --Welcome back to United States.

She did not say anything about my 485 approval (which happened while i was away in India). And neither did I.

Very nice experience.

Congrats...Bhodal.

Usually at POE they are not worried about approvals they want a valid visa or AP or GC. A freind of mine applied for CP. On the day of interview for CP at mumbai his lawyer called him that his 485 is approved (amazing how USCIS works :D ). He came back on AP no questions asked.

Anyways enjoy :D

safe time to leave job after 485 approval

about one year is the safe time but biggest thing you want to get laidoff you don't want to leave the job...double advantage :D

GreenCardVirus said:
Not to generalize but it is the case with most people who linger around these forums.

If one has a good job, good pay, stable company, and no fear of GC getting rejected, there is no reason why anyone would want to come to this forum.
They can just check the USCIS dates once in a while just to make sure that things are going forward.

btw: same case here.

I have different approach after joining the fourm. I joined this forum so that I can predict what is going on. After get many ppl got FP notices I figured that I should get one. After reading many biometric I figured that I have missed something and I went again. Once 485 approval start then I hope mine will also come. This helps a lot to determin mine case is w/o rfe or any hurdle. how can one know that he may have rfe and what to do when rfe?

I-485 LUD after FP complete?

Several posts have indicated LUDs on I-485 after FP complete. I complete my FP on 3/10 and have not had any LUD on I-485.

Is this normal? Can someone shed some light on this? Thanks! :)

Can Kumble spin the ball ??

Jharkhandi said:
I love Eden Garden - that is the place for cricket. I was in Salt Lake, Calcutta for 6 months(now itec is going to ask me - in Calcutta too?). I like Calcutta and ofcourse everything that Calcutta offers!

Kumble is no doubt best spinner, but I would have loved to see Shoaib. He is a class of his own. And ofcourse Kaneria is going to be backbone in near future. Did I forget to mention the best of all time - Rahul Dravid! I wish I was in Calcutta too. By the way we can meet in World Cup in West Indies, if you are planning to come. :p

Hmmm - regarding re-entry in USA - show AP papers - that is all that you will need. Bodhal Singh recently entered in same situation - so you may like to pm him.
Jharkhandi,

I was surprised to read that Kumble spins the ball :rolleyes:

He has always been saying that he is a leg spinner and people expect that the ball would turn and alas.. they are decieved,coz, he is a pace bowler in the garb of a spinner :eek:

I believe he bowls as fast as, if not faster than Agarkar.

I would surely love to see him spin the ball someday.

No matter what, he is a fighter and match winner. I will still like him for what he is, but would not agree that he is a spinner :D

upandwaiting said:
Several posts have indicated LUDs on I-485 after FP complete. I complete my FP on 3/10 and have not had any LUD on I-485.

Is this normal? Can someone shed some light on this? Thanks! :)

looking at the latest trend, your LUDs not changing for over a week seems very unusual. Call FBI@304-625-5590 Followed by option#3 and find out about your FP status. next call uscis and ask them the same question. Good luck and keep us posted....may be they just forgot to update your status...

seekinggc_ssk said:
Jharkhandi,

I was surprised to read that Kumble spins the ball :rolleyes:

He has always been saying that he is a leg spinner and people expect that the ball would turn and alas.. they are decieved,coz, he is a pace bowler in the garb of a spinner :eek:

I believe he bowls as fast as, if not faster than Agarkar.

I would surely love to see him spin the ball someday.

No matter what, he is a fighter and match winner. I will still like him for what he is, but would not agree that he is a spinner :D
Well if Ganguly is still a batsman - then sure Kumble is leg spinner. :D

I think Ganguly should be used as night watch man and Inzi as a watchman (what a disappointment).

LUD After FP

jpanchal said:
looking at the latest trend, your LUDs not changing for over a week seems very unusual. Call FBI@304-625-5590 Followed by option#3 and find out about your FP status. next call uscis and ask them the same question. Good luck and keep us posted....may be they just forgot to update your status...

I too did my FP on 3/9 and there was just 1 LUD on 3/10. Called FBI few days later and confirmed that they have received and send it back the same day. After that till to-date no LUD or message change. Seeing various posts I expect a message change in abt 10 to 20 days. If not thinking of calling the toll free number.

Thanks

jpanchal said:

Thanks for the reply. I will call and keep you guys posted.

I wonder if it has something to do with Biometric code 3. Although I had code 3, I only had FP taken, no photo or signature. I asked about photo and signature and was told not necessary.

Jharkhandi said:
Well if Ganguly is still a batsman - then sure Kumble is leg spinner. :D

I think Ganguly should be used as night watch man and Inzi as a watchman (what a disappointment).

I am very much disappointed by some posts on this forum. Please try to understand that this is not cricket filed. Please Jk and seekinggcc_ssk don't take personally please use PM to discuss player reviews. Yes you also ITEC this is just I140/485 tracker so don't throw leg-breaks in the fourm i am trobuled by your posts too.

upandwaiting said:
Thanks for the reply. I will call and keep you guys posted.

I wonder if it has something to do with Biometric code 3. Although I had code 3, I only had FP taken, no photo or signature. I asked about photo and signature and was told not necessary.

If my code would have been 3 and if i was asked to do only the FP I would have insisted to take the bio's too. If they would have refused i would have talked to the Supervisor and would have asked for a proper reason as they are suppose to do what it is rather asked in the notice. Anyhow it is not late now too to get back to them and do the Bio's

Thanks

itec said:
I am very much disappointed by some posts on this forum. Please try to understand that this is not cricket filed. Please Jk and seekinggcc_ssk don't take personally please use PM to discuss player reviews. Yes you also ITEC this is just I140/485 tracker so don't throw leg-breaks in the fourm i am trobuled by your posts too.

Little leeway with decent intentions is always good, it helps break the monotony of the forum.

FP notice?

I got my 140 approved on 3/15/2005, and my 485 was re-open on BSCIS motion, will I receive Finger Prints notice now or what is the trend to receive FP ? How long it might take in my case ?

Check my Signature for details.

Any inputs will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

I 140 Rfe

I 140 RFE -- as mine was EB3. Proof for experience of 5 + years at the time of applying, Jan 2002, which was around 4.8 yrs -- lets see.

Any ideas -- any similar situations to anyone??

What happens If something goes wrong? Can it be re-applied in EB2?

Last edited by a moderator:
need_green_card said:
I got my 140 approved on 3/15/2005, and my 485 was re-open on BSCIS motion, will I receive Finger Prints notice now or what is the trend to receive FP ? How long it might take in my case ?

Check my Signature for details.

Any inputs will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

You should get it soon. May be before mid of April.

Jharkhandi is right again!

Jharkhandi said:
Folks - take my words - lots of people will report approval this week. anru, itec, patience(patience - I can bet for your 485 approval in a week max - earliest as soon as today).

Hello Everyone,

Just now I received the long awaited emails stating the 485 approval. Hey..the cards will be here soon too hopefully. So well... Jharkhandi is right once more and to all others I would say...Patience Pays!!!!

Please update the tracker.

Regards