2004 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

SachinTendulkar said:
Apply for your 7th year ext. ... just in case

ST.

I guess kv2002 said that he/she is on EAD. I assume either he/she switched the company or prefered not to extend his H1. In either case he/she would not be able to apply for 7th year H1B-Ext since there is lapse of continuity in this case.

Thanks,
Legally_Alien

LUD Change

My I-485 and I-140 LUD changed 09/23 and 09/27.
I-485 LUD 10/05 for FP update (Me & My Wife) but didn't receive the magical mail on I-140.

udt said:
This is what I found out from my lawyer on another matter, I don't understand what it means, and also since I am EB2 it is not applicable to me, but anyway

There is news from the State Department that the cut-off date for the EB-3
category will retrogress in January 2005. As your priority date is
10/5/01, this retrogression may not affect you as it is anticipated that
the cut-off date for the EB-3 category will retrogress to 2002.

This means people who applied for LC with their PD after XX/YY/2002 AND whose category is EB3, will not get 485 adjudicated till cut-off date moves forward. It is innovative way to clear backlog. :D

Wait for what XX and YY means!

Passing FP check is the approval of I140/I485??

I havent received my 140/485 approval. I have this doubt. If one passed the FP check, is that the assurance for I140/I485 to be approved sooner or later?

-------------------------------------------------------
EAD/140/485 EB2 RD: MAR 05, 2004;ND: MAR 08, 2004
EAD AD: AUG 11, 2004
AP AD: SEP 7th 2004
140 AD: ??
485 AD : ??

Jharkhandi said:
This means people who applied for LC with their PD after XX/YY/2002 AND whose category is EB3, will not get 485 adjudicated till cut-off date moves forward. It is innovative way to clear backlog. :D

Wait for what XX and YY means!

XX=12
YY=31 :) hopefully

looks like we will be back to good old days when filing for a 485 meant getting a GC in 3 months, but also wait for 3 years to file for 485 after 140 is approved.

Wonder what happens to portability. One will be stuck with an employer for 3 years after 140 is approved.

How nice would it be like, you do 5 years time on H1 to be eligible for GC, apply for GC and get it in 1 year.

Bodhal Singh said:
Can you please simplify this message ? I mean, what is it trying to say?

I don't understand it and did not try to dig too deep with the lawyer as it is not applicable to my case. But what I understood from the lawyer is that there is certain green card quota each year for citizens of India, and that it will follow the LC priority date.

140 Approved

140 Approved :D :D

Just now received a mail from the company.

Kamvp, kv2002 and other "Appellate Review" persons,

Just hang in there. You will get your approvals.

Will post details when I get a copy of the approval letter.

Last edited by a moderator:
no change in my i140 message , it has been almost 2 weeks by now the LUD changed for i140 and 485 but still the same old message.

Whats going on? keeping my fingers crossed....

I-140 Query

Just received a stupid email

On October 7, 2004, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case. The notice explains in detail what additional material is needed. If you have questions about the notice, what is required, or if 14 days have passed and you have not received the notice, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

I will post the details, after receiving the notice.

EB3-RIR-April 21, 2004.

july022004 said:
140 Approved :D :D

Just now received a mail from the company.

Kamvp, kv2002 and other "Appellate Review" persons,

Just hang in there. You will get your approvals.

Will post details when I get a copy of the approval letter.

july022004, Congratulations!!

For others too, this will pass over in few days.

I 140 Approved today. I am EB3

I140 /I 485 Concurrent filing ND 06/28/04
aPPROVAL DATE 10/07/04

Pls update the tracker.

Goodluck to everybody else

ran123

Jharkhandi said:
It should affect already filed cases too - otherwise there will not be any meaning of PD.
I agree.
However, I don't think this means our cases will be sent back and asked to refile again. I would assume CIS would not touch our files till the PD on the case is reached, which is anyway the current situation right?

Also I don't think there will be an impact on the AC21 portability for the cases already filed just because their PD is not reached yet.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
LUD changed for last two days

Hi,

The LUD on my I140 has changed for two days in a row. What does this mean. Any ideas? However the message is the same.

to zbcx123

zbcx123, congrats!
I think you have to put a note near your EB2 - I140 approval date, because it wasn't pure EB2 case. Your EB3 has been approved, and EB2 is still pending, which is does not matter for you. :)
It was really smart to file both. You have a great lawyer!

140 approved

Folks,

I just checked my 140 status and it has been approved :D :D

MA-EB3/ND 06/16/04

Kindly update the tracker reflecting my information.

Thanks

Hello Jharkhandi

Jharkhandi said:
It should affect already filed cases too - otherwise there will not be any meaning of PD.
Hi Jharkhandi

what is your status regarding I-140 and 485???????

I believe Your priority date is march 2004.