2003 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

Dude -

Lot of us in this forum have 485 ND in mid 2003, we haven't received the FP notices either. So you may have to wait a little longer unless you are too lucky to get it ahead of us !

Thanks

gc_forever said:
Hello,

I-485 ND - Jan 25 2004.

I have not yet recevied my FP notice yet. Does the FP notice go to the
laywer or it comes to my home address?
Some people with I-485 ND ahead of me have got the FP notice.

Bye

B747400 said:
New forum member, I have added my info to the tracker

Please do not change the format of the Excel sheet, it was zoomed to 200%!!

Here's the latest one...

Last edited by a moderator:
FP notice is sent to the applicant and hte lawyer

They send a FP notice to the applicant but a copy is also sent to the lawyer for notification. I feel better knowing this as I was concerned that there may be some mix up and I won't find out. But if the lawyer gets it and u don't he can inform you about it.

Thanks
Va
hrithikroshan11 said:
comes to both lawyer and applicant

I-140 Rfe

I received a Rfe for I-140 (ability to pay) and was replied and received by USCIS on Aug 23,2004. Now again I have a email from USCIS stating that a Rfe has been generated on Sept 30, 2004.

Is it usual to get a Rfe for a response to Rfe :(

Thx

Explanation for "Appellate body review " message

kamvp said:
I received strange message today. not sure what it means. I got RFE for I-140 and asked for 2001 financial statements of company and w2 of mine. my case is not denial and re-opened case. Attroney replied positively

here is the message:
On September 27, 2004, we mailed you a notice that we certified our approval of this case and sent it to the appellate body for review. The notice explains in detail the basis for this proposed action. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

Please advise...

Kamvp, Let us be in touch via PM. Exchange of info may help us. Below link gives us some hope. This was a 485 with appellate body clause for primary and approval for the derivative beneficiary at the same time. Good luck my friend.
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=133447&highlight=appellate+body

Here is my posting from 2004 tracker.

Kamvp, immiuser_140, Legally_Alien, gccrak and North American,

Here are the details about "Appellate Body" clause. There is good news and a bad news. The bad news is, this message means the case is NOT approved yet. But the good news is the initial review of the adjudicator is favorable and he/she has approved the case. But he/she is not sure about the decision and hence it has been referred to a higher official. This Process is called "CERTIFICATION". This happens under two circumstances

1. Head quarters has instructed the adjudicators to certify certain predefined cases, patterns of cases or patterns of facts.

2 The case is very complex or the facts/arguments for the case are so "novel" (lifted directly from the regulation/SOP), that it requires a review.

I believe the notice which they have sent us is Form I-290C. This should explain the details of why our case was certified instead of approval. We have 30 days of time to file a brief in favor of the case or it can be waived if we think it is not necessary to file a brief. 30 days period can also be waived by the reviewer if a favorable decision is made and the case is approved before the brief is filed.

Also FYI. A case could be certified either for an approval or denial. Since I see the word "Approval" in all our messages, I am hoping it is being reviewed for approval. That is why I said there is a good news also. Hope I am right. God help us.....

The law governing CERTIFICATION process is covered under Title 8 section 1103.4 (Also called just 103.4). You will find it thru google if you give this search "PART 1103—APPEALS, RECORDS, AND FEES".

I also found a PDF Document with Standard Operating Procedure it is called "AFMChapter10-Overview.pdf". Search for this document in google you will find it. Look under 10.8 and 10.18 sections of this PDF.

If you have already recieved the form, can you please post or PM the details? I would appreciate a lot.

Hope this helps. Good luck to you all. Hope we all will get our approval very soon.

This is my status message.
On September 30, 2004, we mailed you a notice that we certified our approval of this case and sent it to the appellate body for review. The notice explains in detail the basis for this proposed action. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

Last edited by a moderator:
got fp notice:
i-485 concuurent ND 02-sep-2003
i-140 AD may 2004
fp due on nov 12
still waiting for wife fp notice

Thanks
--rubs

Received FP Notice

Received FP notice for me and my wife..

FP scheduled for Nov 18 in Philly. Can someone please update my information in the spreadsheet

Fp1 in jamica /NY city

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi folks ,

Recently changed Address from Ny city to new jersey .Lawyer Got ( i did not) Fp1 notice 11/23 2-30pm in jamica in NY city .Eventhough i sent Ar11 and they acknowledged it .Any info like can i go for early for Fp .

Thanks in advance .

FP Notice recd

Pl update my details

140(EB3-Substitute LC)/485/765 ND 11/18/03
140 AD(after getting and responding to RFE): 06/08/04
EAD AD: 07/15/04
FP ND for both myself and my wife: 09/28/04 (FP Scheduled for 11/16/04 at New Rochelle, NY)

Letter received which says Finger prints for spouse have to be retaken

Myself and my spouse have already done our finger prints on 9/17 and online status for myself changed to FP being reviewed on 9/21.

But We received a letter for my spouse saying "Finger prints have to be retaken"

Did anyone face similar situation where FP had to be redone. We are planning to go tomorrow and request early FP for my spouse.

Destiny

LC_Virginia,
I have asked ETA-GC and he suggested me to post it over here so that I will get more response.
Sitution:
My wife received EAD card yesterday and meanwhile applied H1 also through premium processing since she was offered a job and lot many people got RFE for EAD. She may get her H1b approval anytime within this week. She will start her work by Oct 11th and hopefully we will get H1 approval before that.

1.) Suppose if she start using EAD and H1 approved after using EAD what will happen to H1 status?

2) Incase If she start using EAD can she go back to H1 if something happen to my 140/485? If so what should we do to goback to H1?

3). Is it better to wait until we get H1 approval then start working?

Guys if anyone knows please suggest us,We need to decide what to use.

Thanks

Second EAD validity date?

Hi,

People who got their second EAD approved recently, could you please tell if the effective date on EAD was the date EAD was approved or was it after the "valid until" date in the current EAD.

Thanks.

Dude,

I lost 2 months from the 2nd EAD. my 2nd EAD was valid from the day they approved, "NOT" from the expiry of the 1st EAD.

I have seeen many many members in this thread with same cases.

Please advise..

Guys,

I applied for I-140 in Feb, 2004 and my I-485 in March, 2004 in EB2 category. I noticed today only that the A#'s listed on my I-140 and I-485 are different. But the A#s that I have on AP, EAD and I-485 are the same. The questions I have are -
1. Would it be a problem if we have different A#s on I-140 and I-485?
2. In case I need to get it corrected, what is the procedure.

Thanks a lot guys in advance..

prgc said:
Dude,

I lost 2 months from the 2nd EAD. my 2nd EAD was valid from the day they approved, "NOT" from the expiry of the 1st EAD.

This happened to me for the AP. The EAD validity date was the day after the 1st one expired. So we are seeing a mix...

Thanks for your answers on EAD Dates. My lawyer is advising me to apply for EAD 6 months prior, so wondering if this is necessary when EAD processing is pretty fast and with the question of losing time on new EAD.

Thanks.

PhillyDec01 said:
Thanks for your answers on EAD Dates. My lawyer is advising me to apply for EAD 6 months prior, so wondering if this is necessary when EAD processing is pretty fast and with the question of losing time on new EAD.

Thanks.

I would apply for it well in advance of the expiration - processing times are fast now, but they can for whatever reason, slow down really quick and then you will be left running around for I-EADs, and what not. If there's one thing that I've learnt as being predictable about the CIS is it's sheer unpredictability....