2003 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

VV_GC said:
485 approved on 9/14/2004. I want to thank everyone for the support.

Good Luck for everyone!

Congrats! Anything special about your case that might have led to this relatively quick approval?

ETA

FP Notices

Many of us in the group haven't gotten the first FP notices yet, but there are cases approved ahead of us. Is there any specific criteria for this other than sheer luck :mad:

- kb123

The only criteria that remains on the table is how busy the center where you belong is ... it looks like it is not necessary to be a big city because ppl from NY city got the FP notice but how many resources they have and how the work is organized there ... at least is what I was told when I visited VSC center in St. Albans ... actually they told me that because I am from Philly I will be scheduled later, Philly being a pretty busy center. So it has something to do with (bad) luck ... of living in the wrong area

kb123 said:
Many of us in the group haven't gotten the first FP notices yet, but there are cases approved ahead of us. Is there any specific criteria for this other than sheer luck :mad:

- kb123

I-485 Approval + Note Changes in procedure for Stamp in the Passport

Folks,

Finally, after almost 4 years, I received the notice of action informing
me about the I-485 petition approval. :D

The spreadsheet has been updated.

Thanks to all of you for sticking by..... and Best of luck to everyone
in the queue!! - Persevere with patience and it will pay off!!

Last but definitely not the least,
a BIG "THANK YOU" for Rajiv Khanna and his team
for guiding and assisting us thru this process.

You have created an awesome rescource that has helped us in
trying times - Kudos!!!

Please note the change in procedure for getting the stamp in
the passport.

Since Sep 1st 2004, We have to get an appointment to appear at
the USCIS office for the stamp. Here is the website::

http://infopass.uscis.gov

The format of the photograph that needs to be submitted has changed
too. It has to be a regular picture - straight faced postion
and NOT the 3/4th angled profile.

hmmmenf

ps:As usual I am not a lawyer, so please verify all statements!! ;)

Approved 485 sent to old address

Hi Guys

Fact:
We fedex-ed the AR-11 address change in the morning and in the evening we saw the online status of 485 approved and they having mailed the approval letters.
BCIS has sent our 485 approval to one of our old address/es (we moved twice since we filed our 485)
Our lawyers has mailed the 485 approval they received to us, which we should receive tomorrow.
100% chances are that the letters BCIS sent to our old address will be returned - undelivered - to BCIS

Question:

Is there an adverse impact of the 485 approval letter being returned to them?
Would anyone know??

Thanks
reyi

- saga never ends!

I am from Boston, unfortunately one of the busier local offices. As you rightly said we are in the wrong area. Lets wait, hopefully we will get our turn soon !

Thanks
- kb123

nemessis said:
The only criteria that remains on the table is how busy the center where you belong is ... it looks like it is not necessary to be a big city because ppl from NY city got the FP notice but how many resources they have and how the work is organized there ... at least is what I was told when I visited VSC center in St. Albans ... actually they told me that because I am from Philly I will be scheduled later, Philly being a pretty busy center. So it has something to do with (bad) luck ... of living in the wrong area

Got my FP

Hi all

i got my Fp yesterday !..

140/485 ND:11/25/03 EB3

and the FP date is 11/09/03...

any one has done their FP early at Newark NJ..
pls let me know if i can do in OCT itself!..

Updated the Excel ...

Last edited by a moderator:
I received strange message today. not sure what it means. I got RFE for I-140 and asked for 2001 financial statements of company and w2 of mine. my case is not denial and re-opened case. Attroney replied positively

here is the message:
On September 27, 2004, we mailed you a notice that we certified our approval of this case and sent it to the appellate body for review. The notice explains in detail the basis for this proposed action. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

Please advise...

Hello Kamvp, did your case get approved first and you received a RFE on that or you never got it approved

Since we now have an "official", sticky thread for tracking 2003 I-485 processing (http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=144822) I'll no longer update the spreadsheet in this thread with I-485 information (and hopefully most people will update their own I-485 information in the new tracker).

So, use this thread for I-140 approval information and use the I-485 thread for I-485 approval information.

This new approach should make the I-485 tracking more visible so hopefully more people will update it with their info (although it's too bad we don't have a mechanism for putting all the trackers together in one location like rupnet has...).

ETA

njuser said:
Hello Kamvp, did your case get approved first and you received a RFE on that or you never got it approved

I never got approved earlier.

Here is my I-140 story. on 23rd Sep 2003 I applied for I-140/485 Concurrent filing then on Aug 9th and aug 10 LUD updated and on 23rd Aug got RFE for 2001 Financial statement of company. we replied back on 9th Sept. and LUD updated till 14th continueously and got email on 28th.

Not Received FP yet

Hello,

I-485 ND - Jan 25 2004.

I have not yet recevied my FP notice yet. Does the FP notice go to the
laywer or it comes to my home address?
Some people with I-485 ND ahead of me have got the FP notice.

Bye

Nope!

No they wont!..i just got it 10 days before and nothing changed!..
gc_forever said:
If the FP Notice is sent will they update the case status on-line saying
the FP notice is sent.

I have added my info to the tracker

concurrent filing
140(EB1-OR)/485/EAD/AP ND 29th Mar 2003
140AD 12th sept 2003
EAD1 16th sept 2003
AP 17th sept 2003
EAD2 27th Aug 2004