2003 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

Yay......485 Approved finally!!

I am not sure if this is the reason. I got my 485 approved on Sep 14th 2004. No accidental second FP.

Updating the tracker.

Sjd :)

ETA-GC said:
Also added a note saying that the early approval (06/06/03 ND) might have been due to USCIS issuing FP2 by accident right after FP1 was done (see http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?p=914219#post914219 for details).

Also added my own PD (01/04/02) from my VA LC.

ETA

nehachokshi said:
Guys, Please read following I-140 Ref and let me know what does that mean:

nehachokshi,

You may want to post it in the main 140 VSC forum as a separate thread, you will get more views. You may also want to search the forums for 140 rfe, education equivalency etc. Hire a good lawyer if your's is not a good one, coz you will need to file a strong case.

Air India and Advance parole

joyd said:
That sounds like crap and crazy!! Seems like Air India is not aware of the rules. Going by their rules, if anyone is working on EAD after 6 years (i.e. no valid H1B stamp on passport), but have valid AP, they can't board the plane? This is ridiculous!!

Joyd

I could not believe it too. Outbound trip to India is not a problem but the inbound trip may cause problems. This also applies to flights which do only fuel stops. The lady said, if they do a flight check and notice that you do not have a valid visa on the passport, they will not board you. According to them, AP is not a valid visa!!! Air India's phone number in chicago is
312 782 8761, if you need to check for yourself.

In the meantime, have any of you travelled to India and back by Advance Parole. which airline did you use, which country did you go via and when did you travel. Great, if you travelled recently as these guys keep changing the rules!!

Thanks
reyi

Advance Parole and travel to India

joyd said:
That sounds like crap and crazy!! Seems like Air India is not aware of the rules. Going by their rules, if anyone is working on EAD after 6 years (i.e. no valid H1B stamp on passport), but have valid AP, they can't board the plane? This is ridiculous!!

This is the email i got from Air India personnel for everyone's information

YOU WILL NEED TO HAVE A TRANSIT VISA
PLEASE CONTACT THE UK CONSULATE
IF YOU ARE HOLDING A VALID USA VISA ON YOUR PASSPORT AT THE TIME OF TRANSIT, OR HOLD A GREEN CARD (WHITE CARD ONLY) ISSUED ON ARE AFTER 21APR1998 YOU DO NOT NEED A TRANSIT VISA.
HOWEVER IF YOUR USA VISA VALIDITY ON THE PASSPORT HAS EXPIRED AND YOU ARE HOLDING A VALID PAPER EXTENSION OR PAROLE OR I94 OBTAINED FROM THE USA IMMIGRATION AUTHORITIES, OR HOLD A GREEN CARD ISSUED BEFORE APRIL 1998, YOU WILL NEED TO OBTAIN A TRANSIT VISA.
THANK YOU

485 approved

Hi guys

We cannot believe this. Today we saw our online status and our 485 is approved . This forum has been awesome and resourceful. This forum helped a lot in getting us through this.

I have updated my status.

We just moved our address and I am sure we will miss the approval letter !!!

anyways....thought of letting you guys know

Thanks

reyi

reyi said:
Hi guys

We cannot believe this. Today we saw our online status and our 485 is approved . This forum has been awesome and resourceful. This forum helped a lot in getting us through this.

Congrats reyi!

I see that you are a 09/02/03 filer so this gives hope to those of us with a 10/23/03 ND :D.

Was there anything special about your case which might have led to this relatively early approval? Had you done FP2 by any chance (seems unlikely -- you probably only just did FP1 recently)?

ETA

joyd said:

My wife and daughter travelled using AP recently - and are back.
Airline : Singapore.
Route : via Singapore.

I do know this issue long back.
If you travel by Singapore - NO PROBLEMS.
But it looks like you guys are in Chicago !!!!!!!!!

Transit Visa

Guys, It is not Air-India it is actually the european countrie's which are imposing this.

IF you are travelling on AP to India via london,paris you need a transit visa.

If your visa is expired but you are going to get thee stamp in india it is better to get a transit visa.

Transit visa is not required for stops in Singapore/malaysia/dubai

I am not sure but you may need visa for frankfurt or amsterdam ( I called there consulate in NY city and they themselves were not clear.

When I was travelling to India I had a valid AP but no visa I got a transit visa from French consulate but I did get my visa stamp from US Embassy in India.

ETA-GC said:
Congrats reyi!

I see that you are a 09/02/03 filer so this gives hope to those of us with a 10/23/03 ND :D.

Was there anything special about your case which might have led to this relatively early approval? Had you done FP2 by any chance (seems unlikely -- you probably only just did FP1 recently)?

ETA

Nothing special. I think. My First fingerprint was on September 2nd 2004. AFter the FP etc., in about a weeks time the status changed to something on the lines of "YOur FP was received and processing will resume....we will inform you as soon as a decision is reached......" I filed my EAD renewal twice (once by paper) and second online...to qualify for the 90 day limit (temporary EAD), in case i did not get my EAD approval after 90 days. My efile ead is still pending!!! I doubt the 485 approval has got anything to do with that though.
All the best with yours

reyi

The I-485 approvals keep on coming...

Added approval info for tamilpayyan (ND 05/08/03) and NOV01RIR (ND 2/21/03).

Go VSC Go!

ETA

reyi said:
This is the email i got from Air India personnel for everyone's information

YOU WILL NEED TO HAVE A TRANSIT VISA
PLEASE CONTACT THE UK CONSULATE
IF YOU ARE HOLDING A VALID USA VISA ON YOUR PASSPORT AT THE TIME OF TRANSIT, OR HOLD A GREEN CARD (WHITE CARD ONLY) ISSUED ON ARE AFTER 21APR1998 YOU DO NOT NEED A TRANSIT VISA.
HOWEVER IF YOUR USA VISA VALIDITY ON THE PASSPORT HAS EXPIRED AND YOU ARE HOLDING A VALID PAPER EXTENSION OR PAROLE OR I94 OBTAINED FROM THE USA IMMIGRATION AUTHORITIES, OR HOLD A GREEN CARD ISSUED BEFORE APRIL 1998, YOU WILL NEED TO OBTAIN A TRANSIT VISA.
THANK YOU

I travelled by Air-India from Newark to Mumbai on 21st August and returned on 4th September 2004 with family.
I did not have any problem on both ways. I was travelling with Advance Parole documents. The flight from Newark to Mumbai via Paris was checked by some personnel in Paris and they did not ask any details about the Passport or Visa. They just checked the cabin baggage and asked the passengers to identify. While returning from Mumbai, the crew announced that we should keep the passport and the visa's (Green card) ready for verification. I showed my passport and the AP documents and there are no further questions asked by anybody. This is my personal experience. One of my friend with his family also travelled by the same Air India flight on a different date with Advance Parole and they also were not asked any questions.