2003 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

stillGoing said:
Edit: did not notice this is 93 pages topic, Not sure which copy of the tracker I should update..

Always update the latest copy of the tracker (start at the last thread and work backwards looking for the latest thread with the tracker in it).

ETA

EAD - II and 1st finger prints

Update Excel..

Second EAD approved in 6 days.
FP done on 9/3/04 and was reviewed and forwared to CIS on 9/10/04

quick note

stillgoing..updated a very old file..go to previous page and get the latest file in pg 92..

spenala said:
Update Excel..

Second EAD approved in 6 days.
FP done on 9/3/04 and was reviewed and forwared to CIS on 9/10/04

Finger Print.

guys please update the tracker i received my finger printing notice...

485/140/EAD/AP: RD:11/06/03
Finger printing date 11/02/04

thank you.

140 Rfe

Guyz,

We have replied the 140 RFE and CIS has received the response last week, any idea how long it will take to here something back from them?

RFE is about .Ability.To.Pay.

much appreciated.

My story of FP.

ND was 9/2/04, Scheduled date was 9/3/04
got mail 9/13/04
send notice back to local ASC for reschedule 9/14
Got advice from this forum, decided to go directly to local ASC, got FP notice lawyer's copy.

FPed on 9/17/04
Got mail from local ASC for FP, scheduled 12/??/04... I guess I have to ignore this.

So, NJuser, you may think about getting ASC earlier.

hrithikroshan11 said:
njuser

how come they gave a fp date of 11/2004 when everyone else is getting sep 2003? r u planning to go early?

FP1 notice received for ND 7/17/2003

FP! received on 09/18/2004.
Scheduled date is 10/01/2004

went for Early Finger printing today(09/20/2004) to York, PA.
Reached York at 8.10 AM. We are first and got finger printing done. No questions asked

Last edited by a moderator:
Advance Parole and travel to India

Facts:
My H1B has expired
My AP is valid until 1st Aug 2005
I want to travel to India.

Questions:
Which airline do i use? which country must I go via?

I called up Air India (Chicago) office. THey have categorically said, if i do not have a valid visa on my passport, my Advance Parole does not count.

Someone told me that, the flight that goes from New Jersey via Paris does not de-plane at Paris. I asked the chicago air india office about this. She said that if they do a flight check and notice that we only have a Advance Parole, they will not allow you to board the flight.
She asked me to use a different airline other than Air India

Assistance:
Can anyone please suggest me which airline to use and which country to go via so that i do not have a problem while returning to the USA at any one of the airports?

Thanks much

reyi

What they have said is correct!

If you plan to go via Paris then you got to have French Visa stamped. which is avail for $40.00, and this rule holds good if you go via any other country.

hrithikroshan11 said:
Whats the advantage of doing early FP if your 140 is not yet approved?

I'm not sure if doing your FP *early* (before the scheduled date) will help but if your FP (and namecheck etc.) is ready before the I-140 is approved, you might qualify for concurrent adjucation of the I-140 and I-485 so you could get your GC sooner.

That said, it's unclear how many cases are being handled concurrently at VSC these days (not many as far as I know).

ETA

Please help.....I-140 Ref

Guys, Please read following I-140 Ref and let me know what does that mean:

The Service center has reviewed the Bachelor degree of Commerce, the Computer Science and Applications diploma and school transcripts considered in the evaluation and it appears that the courses you have taken are not equivalent to a bachelor degree but the courses taken to obtain these diploma appear to represent a functional equivalent.

While the H1B nonimmigrant regulations allow for the substitution of work experience for certain college coursework, Title * Code of Federal Regulation, part 204.5(1)(3)(ii) require that a beneficiary must hold a United States baccalaureate degree or a foreign equivalent degree, not just a "functional equivalent".

Submit additional documentation that the beneficiary qualifies for the job offer specified in you Application for Labor Certification. This documentation should show that the beneficiary has a required education as of the time of filing this petition.

reyi said:
Facts:
My H1B has expired
My AP is valid until 1st Aug 2005
I want to travel to India.

Questions:
Which airline do i use? which country must I go via?

I called up Air India (Chicago) office. THey have categorically said, if i do not have a valid visa on my passport, my Advance Parole does not count.

Someone told me that, the flight that goes from New Jersey via Paris does not de-plane at Paris. I asked the chicago air india office about this. She said that if they do a flight check and notice that we only have a Advance Parole, they will not allow you to board the flight.
She asked me to use a different airline other than Air India

Assistance:
Can anyone please suggest me which airline to use and which country to go via so that i do not have a problem while returning to the USA at any one of the airports?

Thanks much

reyi

That sounds like crap and crazy!! Seems like Air India is not aware of the rules. Going by their rules, if anyone is working on EAD after 6 years (i.e. no valid H1B stamp on passport), but have valid AP, they can't board the plane? This is ridiculous!!