2003 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

First FP Done in March 2004 -Received FP2 scheduled for Sept 18th

Guys,

I have received FP notice scheduling FP on Sep 18th.
1. Nothing unusual except that I completed my FP1 in March 2004 i.e. less then 5 months ago.
2. There is no FP notice sent for my wife -May be it has been delayed by Mail Room/USPS.

I guess one the option is to wait for wife's FP notice till Sep 18th else go for FP with wife and see if they let her do the FP2.

Guru's any suggestion.

---------------------------------------------
RD 4/21/03
ND 4/30/03
I-140 -Approved in March 2004
FP1 -March 16th 2004
FP2 -Scheduled for Sep 18 2004

Hey mailarvin,

Is it EB2 or EB3???
Va

mailarvin said:
Guys,

I have received FP notice scheduling FP on Sep 18th.
1. Nothing unusual except that I completed my FP1 in March 2004 i.e. less then 5 months ago.
2. There is no FP notice sent for my wife -May be it has been delayed by Mail Room/USPS.

I guess one the option is to wait for wife's FP notice till Sep 18th else go for FP with wife and see if they let her do the FP2.

Guru's any suggestion.

---------------------------------------------
RD 4/21/03
ND 4/30/03
I-140 -Approved in March 2004
FP1 -March 16th 2004
FP2 -Scheduled for Sep 18 2004

Hi Gurus,
Please advice me on this.I have filed my I140/I48/EAD concurrent on 11/07/2003 with my present employer to whom I am working with for past 4 years. Now my client is asking me to join their company or quit .So I want to use AC21 once my 140 is cleared.Now my lawyer is in process of replying for RFE on I140(Got RFE on july 27 2004).My client is very big company.

Here are my questions.
1)My client has diffrerent job titles like system architech and software engineer and sr programmer while my present employer filed my labour as programmer Analyst/System Analyst. I am doing same duties as specified in labour.Can I take a different tilte from my Client like 'System architect'?
2)Second is about my salary.My client is offering 20% hike in salary.
3)Can some body give me what I need to do to file AC21?

Thanks,
Chandu

I140/I485/EAD filed on 11/07/2003 EB3
EAD approved on 27th april 2004
RFE on 140 on 27th July.

vicky007 said:
Hi Legalfrustrated,

All the Best with your I-485 Process.I wish you a speedy end to this entire Rigmarole.

You have already told you got an LUD Change immediately informing you about the approval. My Question though was did you have any LUD before you got the approval?

Regards.

Sorry about not being clear.

My Question though was did you have any LUD before you got the approval?
-- NO.
-- It only changed the same day I got the email from USCIS.

LegalFrustrated said:
Sorry about not being clear.

My Question though was did you have any LUD before you got the approval?
-- NO.
-- It only changed the same day I got the email from USCIS.

Sorry for the mix up.

Question though was : Did you have any LUD before you got the approval?
-- YES. (April 1st 2004) same for I-140 and I-485.
-- It changed the same day I got the email from USCIS for I-140.
-- There is no change for I-485 eventhough I got FP notice.

2nd FP notice

Hey guys.. is it normal to get a 2nd FP notice. My first one was for March '04 and now I have received for Sep '04...

That's crazy ... we are waiting for more than one year for FP1 and you're getting a redundant one ... it might be a mistake of their "automatic system" that sends FP ...

goingcrazy said:
Hey guys.. is it normal to get a 2nd FP notice. My first one was for March '04 and now I have received for Sep '04...

I-485 approvals slow in coming...?

So, according to the 2003 tracker, we've seen 7 I-485 approvals out of about 400 cases that are being tracked so far. Most of those were from at least 2 months ago (June or earlier) -- there's been little activity since then.

I got pretty excited when we started seeing approvals for 2003 I-485 cases (up to March or even later), thinking maybe my 10/23/03 case might be handled within 6 months, but based on the 2003 tracker and on the majority of approval postings it looks like maybe things overall are stuck around August 2002 at this point (which corresponds with the official VSC date).

The scans that nemessis has been doing (http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=891918#post891918) show quite a few approvals so I'm wondering if maybe most of those are family based while the ones in the tracker are employment based?

Overall, the processing date for I-485's has moved from around 01/01/02 to 08/26/02 in about 5.5 months which is only slightly better than keeping pace (the backlog over that time went down by 40 days).

All this to say... I'm starting to think that there is still a long way to go -- at this point I'm guessing it will be at least 1 year before 10/23/03 cases are processed... (FP for those cases might take 3 months or longer)? :(

What do others think?

ETA

Last edited by a moderator:
Eta-gc

Your thoughts are correct. With the current trend it would be atleast 18 months to 24 months range from I485 ND. Some of them who got approved in June ( about 13 to 15 months from I485 ND) were getting benefit of FO memo since they had done 1st FP long time back. I hope that October month shouldn't slow the pace further because new H1B processing has already been done for 40,000 cases.

We can only hope for the best :confused:

I guess the one encouraging sign is that the VSC I-485 date moved 192 days in the last 56 days. This was after moving only 15 days in the previous 111 days (and before that I don't think it moved much at all for a long time but I don't have records going back past 03/04/04)...

If one was optimistic, 192/56 = roughly 3.4 days of cases processed per day so 01/01/03 cases might be handled in 38 days and a 10/23/03 case might be handled in 125 days (based on the VSC currently processing 08/26/04 cases) :eek:.

Of course, this assumes a lot but we should hopefully start to get a better idea once the people at the start of the 2003 tracker start to get processed (hopefully in 38 days ;)).

ETA

Received 1st FP for ND 8/14/03

Received FP notice
ND for 140/485 was 08/14/03.
EB2, Preapproved Labor
EAD Approved - 12/24/03
AP Approved - 1/16/04
140 Approved - 12/19/03
485 Pending
1st FP ND 8/24/04 Scheduled on 10/1/04

Online Message for 485 still hasnt changed, LUD hasnt changed

Thanks
RPG25

please keep updating...

BTW, I hope that people who have received their I-140 will continue to update this tracker with their FP and I-485 information -- this will be very useful in trying to figure out how long we might have to wait...

ETA

Totally agree with that ... I don't agree though with the idea that most of the approvals we've seen in my scans are family based. For some dates there are almost 70% completed (approved+transfered+denied/withdrawn) - March 2003 - and I don't think there are so many family based petitions. There are 2 possible explanation for what's going on:

1. Lots of ppl from our 2003 trackers are getting transfered and they don't update the tracker since we don't have in the Excel file a "Transfered column". Keep in mind that the number of tranferred cases is much higher that approved.

2. We have roughly 400 ppl in the tracker, the equivalent of one day worth of applications so the number is too small to draw a conclusion.

Or maybe a 3. Ppl who get approved don't bother to update the tracker.

Keep in mind the 245 factor ... before the amnesty (and after Apr 30 deadline) in Philly for example they were receiving 150 cases per month, in the amnesty period the number increased to 3000 ... and I heard that in other centers was even worse (Baltimore for example). Lots of applications were not very solid, either they applied on their own or the jobs were suspicious ... anyway the rate of 245/regular applications was 20:1. My guess is that many cases that are transferred now are mainly 245 related, where the USCIS wants to make sure the job really exists and other matters that may concern them. How many ppl with 245 application you think have access to Internet and visit this site? Tons of 245 were: cook, gardner, janitor supervisor ... how many of them do you think are in the tracker?

So I still think that many approved cases are employment based, we've seen ppl reporting approvals definitively more that the few which are in our tracker ... look in I-485 forum or Rupnet (many 2003 cases there) ...

ETA-GC said:
BTW, I hope that people who have received their I-140 will continue to update this tracker with their FP and I-485 information -- this will be very useful in trying to figure out how long we might have to wait...

ETA

nemessis said:
So I still think that many approved cases are employment based, we've seen ppl reporting approvals definitively more that the few which are in our tracker ... look in I-485 forum or Rupnet (many 2003 cases there) ...

I hope so -- maybe you are right that many of the people in our 2003 tracker are no longer updating once their I-140 is approved...

IMO 400 cases is a fairly decent sample -- at the I-140 stage it was possible to see the "leading wave" for I-140 approvals with an accuracy of +/- a couple weeks.

ETA

Received 1FP notice

Received 1FP notice:
My wife just called me at work to let me know that I received my FP notice for 09/28/04.No change in the online message so far.

My wife hasn't received her FP notice yet (same ND).

ND for 140/485 was 08/13/03.
EB3.
140 Approved - 10/07/03
1 EAD Approved - 10/20/03
1 AP Approved - 10/27/03.
2 EAD Approved through e-file- 7/29/04
485 Pending
1st FP ND 8/30/04 Scheduled on 9/28/04

Online Message for 485 still hasnt changed, LUD hasnt changed
Two months back we moved new home and we updated new address for all our cases. I Don't think this is trigged for FP notice.

Thanks

FP notice for 10/23/03 ND (Fort Worth, Texas)

...And my own wife just called me at work to let me know that I received my FP notice for 09/10/04 somewhere in Fort Worth, Texas.

No change in the online message so far.

My wife hasn't received her notice yet (same ND).

This is a little earlier than I expected the FP notice to come -- I thought they were handling July / August 2003 at this point...

More info: fwiw I originally filed the I-140/I-485 while living in VA (LC was done there) and then my company transferred me to another studio here in TX about 5 months ago.

I-140 / I-485 ND: 10/23/03 (EB3) I-485's filed for self, wife, 2 kids
I-140 AD: 06/09/04 (no RFE)
FP (self): 08/23/04 (for 09/10/04)
Country of origin: Canada

Updated tracker with my FP info...

ETA