2003 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

fujie interpretation from another law firm

directly from law firm quoted:

Concurrent Filing of I-140 and I-485 Applications
The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS) launched a nationwide initiative in April 2004 to establish special adjudication procedures for concurrently filed I-140s and I-485s in employment-based immigrant visa petitions where a visa number is immediately available. Generally, in a concurrent filing, both the immigrant visa petition (I-140) and the application for adjustment of status (I-485) are submitted to the CIS at the same time.[1] In a memorandum from Fujie Ohata, Director of Service Center Operations, to her subordinate Service Center Directors (“Ohata Memo”), Director Ohata ordered that concurrently filed I-140/I-485 applications be adjudicated by a single, specially-established team based on the initial filing date of the I-140 rather than the I-485. The Ohata Memo gave the Service Centers until April 31, 2004, to implement procedures to concurrently adjudicate I-140/I-485 filings. Prior to the issuance of this memorandum, the Service Centers were first adjudicating the I-140 immigrant visa petition and then returning the file to the processing queue for eventual adjudication of the I-485 application(s).

In response to the Ohata Memo, the California and Nebraska Service Centers announced pilot programs to rapidly adjudicate concurrently filed I-140/I-485 applications. The California Service Center (CSC) announced they would adjudicate within 90 days of filing those “pure” (same day) concurrently-filed I-140/I-485 applications that are based on approved labor certifications for qualified immigrants with advanced degrees (EB2), excluding those applications based on a national interest waiver. CSC Director Don Neufeld announced at a March 31, 2004 meeting with the American Immigration Lawyers’ Association that the 90-day adjudication would be subject to clearance of fingerprints and name checks. A CSC spokesperson indicated that as part of the Pilot Program, CSC will also try to clear out EB2 concurrent cases filed previously within the coming months. One goal of the program will be to adjudicate applications fast enough to eliminate the need for EAD and Advance Parole documents. In addition to the CSC’s pilot program, the CSC will also be making a concerted effort to reduce the processing times on all concurrently filed petitions to meet the goals of the Ohata Memo. This means that in addition to the pure concurrently filed EB2 applications, the CIS will also be prioritizing all concurrently filed applications.

Meanwhile, the Nebraska Service Center (NSC) announced it had initiated a pilot program to adjudicate I-140/I-485 applications within 75 days of filing, but it was unclear immediately which types of applications would be included in the NSC Pilot Program. The NSC announced that it hopes to lower total processing times on all I-140/I-485 concurrent filings to less than one year.

Jackson & Hertogs will continue to monitor these programs, and ensure that our clients take full advantage of available expedited processing procedures. However, it is important to note that these procedures could be changed or discontinued by the CIS at any time without prior notice. At this time, we do not believe that it would be beneficial for individuals with pending I-140 visa petitions and adjustment of status applications to withdraw those applications and re-file to take advantage of the programs for “pure” concurrent filings. The CIS has clarified that concurrently filed I-140/I-485 cases that are currently in their adjudication pipeline will be processed under the Ohata Memo standards and, as such there would be no need to refile these applications to benefit from the new procedures. Also, those individuals with already approved I-140 immigrant visa petitions are not eligible for consideration under concurrent filing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[1] Concurrent filing also allows for the I-485 to be filed after a receipt is issued for the I-140 immigrant visa petition. For purposes of ease, we refer to this as a “catch up” concurrent. When both applications are physically filed at the same time, we refer to this as “pure” concurrent.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

© Jackson & Hertogs LLP, 2004.0428

From immigration.com - PTR.

One Processing Time Report date for I-140s filed as stand alone and concurrent filings

According to the center there would be one PTR date for I-140s filed as stand alone and concurrent filings. But, if the case is a concurrent filing, the I-140/I-485 packet will be pulled when the I-485 is adjudication ready regardless of the fingerprints and/or name checks have cleared. If the I-485 is not adjudication ready, the I-140 will not be pulled for adjudication based on the I-140 processing date.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The above paragraph is very scary as I think I would not be getting I-140 soon.

My RD : May 5th 2003 (I-140).(Concurrent filing/EB3)

WHAT IS "I-485 is adjudication ready".

I AM PRETTY CONFUSED.

AND WHEN I WOULD BE GETTING I-140 ??????????????

EB2 140 Aproved !!

I got my 140 Approved on 04/30/2004, but updated site just now!!

I have checked at 11:30 am, got same old message. and 11:45 am I got email that your case has been aproved on ....etc.

EB2 Concurrent,

ND: 09/12/2003
FP: wating
485: waiting

Re: From immigration.com - PTR.

Originally posted by LegalFrustrated
One Processing Time Report date for I-140s filed as stand alone and concurrent filings

According to the center there would be one PTR date for I-140s filed as stand alone and concurrent filings. But, if the case is a concurrent filing, the I-140/I-485 packet will be pulled when the I-485 is adjudication ready regardless of the fingerprints and/or name checks have cleared. If the I-485 is not adjudication ready, the I-140 will not be pulled for adjudication based on the I-140 processing date.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The above paragraph is very scary as I think I would not be getting I-140 soon.

My RD : May 5th 2003 (I-140).(Concurrent filing/EB3)

WHAT IS "I-485 is adjudication ready".

I AM PRETTY CONFUSED.

AND WHEN I WOULD BE GETTING I-140 ??????????????

'I-485 adjudication ready' means when everyone ahead of you has been adjudicated. At that point they will take another look at the FP and name check and if its not expired (which will be expired) they will issue second FP notice.

Its now becoming more and more clear that people who did not get their I-140s are indeed screwed; now they have to wait for I-485 without having I-140 approved and right now they are working on I-485 cases from Feb 2002!

I'm June 2003 concurrent filler, I'd have taken my I-140 and happily waited for another 2 years for I-485 but alas now I have to wait for both.

I-140 Appoved..!!!!??!!!

Contrary to all my predictions I got my I140 approval today. woohooooo....!
Once again USCIS folks proved that, they are unpredictable. However this time it's a pleasant surprise.

My ND is 6/19/03. Last month, They approved many people around me but ignored mine. Then with the Ohata's memo and all the zillion interpretations to that memo, I came to a conclusion that I wont get my I140 any more and probably have to wait until my 485. Since my FP is also done and according the website, the review of the FP is also received, I was sure that I can almost forget about using AC21. I was very discouraged, because.. for me, a quick I140/AC21 has more value addition than a delayed complete GC. I was also hoping that, they would relax the AC21 law or some miracle would happen...etc

Anyways today I'm very excited to see the approval. Tracker updated and attached..!

Category: EB3/Labor Sub/Concurrent 140,485,EAD,AP
Mailed Date : 5/23/03
ReceivedDate : 5/27/03
Notice Date : 6/19/03
EAD and AP : 7/14/03
FP Done on : 3/18/04
2ndEAD and AP Notice Date : 03/23/04 (not approved Yet)

Best of Luck to all...and honestly, many thanks for giving every one confidence.

WOw ..congrats,..now since your FP was done and reviewed ..does that mean you where 485 adjudication ready?? lets see if a pattern emerges here...

140 Approved !!!!!!!

I got my I-140 at last, my company does not allow for concurrent filing, so now I can start my 485 application. :)
ND: 8/18/03
Approval: 4/28/04
Updated the traker...

Quick question for experts about the medicals for AOS. Do I need to get all the immunization, if I don't have records? Form I-693 says
"Immunizations are not required, but the applicant should be encouraged to go
to a physician or local health department for appropriate immunizations."
Does it means if I skip them, it won't be a problem?
Thanks in advance...

EAD renewal help

Hi guys,

Can anyone of you tell me how to apply for renewal of EAD and AP online. It would be help if you send link or some navigation on CIS website which leads to online application. I got this mail from my lawyer that I can do it online on CIS website but I couldn't find it. So thought why not ask the GURUS.

Thanks for your help.

Kdanishi

Re: Re: From immigration.com - PTR.

Originally posted by gc80
I'm June 2003 concurrent filler, I'd have taken my I-140 and happily waited for another 2 years for I-485 but alas now I have to wait for both.

That makes 2 of us.

I could care less about waiting 2+ years for the I-485 -- not having the I-140 means no AC21 (unless the rules change) which means continued dependency on our sponsor remaining in business during this time.

It's still to early to be sure where things are headed but it seems to me that unless they actually eliminate significant overhead from the system, then it doesn't really matter how they process these things, the 2 year I-485 backlog isn't going to go away any time soon.

Hopefully I'm wrong :).

ETA

Re: EAD renewal help

Originally posted by kdanishi
Hi guys,

Can anyone of you tell me how to apply for renewal of EAD and AP online. It would be help if you send link or some navigation on CIS website which leads to online application. I got this mail from my lawyer that I can do it online on CIS website but I couldn't find it. So thought why not ask the GURUS.

Thanks for your help.

Kdanishi

Your best bet would pbly be to try the EAD/AP forum (http://boards.immigration.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=31).

ETA

Re: 140 Approved !!!!!!!

Originally posted by bocondo
I got my I-140 at last, my company does not allow for concurrent filing, so now I can start my 485 application. :)

Hey -- at least you'll be covered under AC21 in 180 days :).

Quick question for experts about the medicals for AOS. Do I need to get all the immunization, if I don't have records? Form I-693 says
Thanks in advance...

The immunizations that you need will depend on your background (where you are from and what evidence you are able to provide of previous immunizations). We (my family and I) had complete records but we still needed a couple of shots that we hadn't needed in Canada. And of course, there's the TB test also...

Or are you saying that you've already been for medicals and that they didn't find that you needed anything (just recommended) it? In that case -- it's up to you (just like it was up to me whether to do the treatment for exposure to TB since I tested positive for this).

ETA

Re: 140 Approved !!!!!!!

Originally posted by bocondo
ND: 8/18/03
Approval: 4/28/04
Updated the traker...

Thanks in advance...

If the USCIS certified physician did not give you anything in written - you are fine.

I-485 Last Updated date

I just checked online and my I-485 shows it was updated today. But I-140 date still shows the Notice Date (09/15/2003).

What does this mean? Is this related to fingerprinting?

(EB-3 concurrent)

Re: I-485 Last Updated date

Originally posted by abdul75
I just checked online and my I-485 shows it was updated today. But I-140 date still shows the Notice Date (09/15/2003).

What does this mean? Is this related to fingerprinting?

(EB-3 concurrent)

I've almost given up speculating about the USCIS at this point but it's definitely interesting to hear that your case has at least been touched. Maybe other people could let us know here when this happens (my I-140 and I-485 are both still showing that they were last updated on 10/28/03, 5 days after my Notice Dates).

ETA

ETA-GC:::

Did your 140 approved?

Did you recieved FP?

Mine is EAC04019----- no sign of 140 or FP...

and EB3 category