2003 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

Re: Re: EAD Approved

Originally posted by worldcitizen
DId u get 2 year EAD?

I heard that VSC is now issuing 2 year EAD

Is that true? I also heard something like that.

ND = July 24.... anyone approved yet?

My ND is July 24 and the processing times shows august dates but I dont see 140 approval for my case.

Any inputs... Does anyone has same ND???

Should I ask my lawyer to contact VCS???

Re: ND = July 24.... anyone approved yet?

Originally posted by kian
My ND is July 24 and the processing times shows august dates but I dont see 140 approval for my case.

As far as I know, the VSC won't look at an inquiry unless they are at least 30 days past your approval date.

Nobody is too sure how the VSC calculates the dates that are shown on their sites. From what I can tell, they are still processing many applications from July, June and even earlier. We've seen a few August approvals, a couple from September and even one from October that I've seen.

I wouldn't worry just yet -- give them at least 2 weeks and even then, take a look at the tracker to see where they are really up to.

ETA

Re: ND = July 24.... anyone approved yet?

Originally posted by kian

Mine is Mid July. Nothing yet

140 RFE replied but no approval

Hi,

First time posting. I applied for my 140 RFE on Feb 18th, 04. but status is same that they have received it and would take so many days.

RD - 10/3103. /EB3

testminister.

EAD/Ap Approved

hi all

i was on vacation for a month so that i could not contribute any info!

i got my EAD and AP approved 15 days before and i have got my card last week..

modified the excel sheet

Re: EAD/Ap Approved

Originally posted by jack76
hi all

i was on vacation for a month so that i could not contribute any info!

i got my EAD and AP approved 15 days before and i have got my card last week..

modified the excel sheet

Congrats!

I see that ur 140 is also cleared along with EAD.

But I don't see FInger printing yet for you. In your case 140 has been approved on 3/1/2004.

Won't they send finger printing notice immediately after 140?

Re: Re: EAD/Ap Approved

Actaully what they used to do is send Fp rightaway and as 485 is taking more than 2 years we have to do FP twise before we actually we get the Greencard so it seems that they are only sending fp notice only if my GC will be approved within the 12 months..
alteaset they relised that is a waste of time..to get the fp done twice or thrice in some cases..

that is what my lawyer told me..hope you understood

Originally posted by njguy007
Congrats!

I see that ur 140 is also cleared along with EAD.

But I don't see FInger printing yet for you. In your case 140 has been approved on 3/1/2004.

Won't they send finger printing notice immediately after 140?

AP not received

My AP was approved on 04/12, but it still has not arrived yet. How long should I wait before I call INS?

Thanks!

EAD is still 1 year

Just recieved my EAD and it is still for 1 year only

BTW, does recieving an EAD invalidate my exisitng H1? Can I continue to maintain my H1 as well as renew it when it expires next year? I would prefer to continue on an H1 till the GC comes through.

Thanks

Re: EAD is still 1 year

Originally posted by Katman
Just recieved my EAD and it is still for 1 year only

BTW, does recieving an EAD invalidate my exisitng H1? Can I continue to maintain my H1 as well as renew it when it expires next year? I would prefer to continue on an H1 till the GC comes through.

Thanks

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can be on your H1 status as long as you you don't use the GC documents like EAD ( for employment ) , AP (for travel) etc.

Once you use them, you would be on your GC status and your H1 status would no longer be valid.

As far as I know, you can use AP and still be on H-1B. As for EAD, however, you are correct - once it is used your H1B expires.

Re: Re: EAD is still 1 year

Originally posted by LegalFrustrated
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can be on your H1 status as long as you you don't use the GC documents like EAD ( for employment ) , AP (for travel) etc.

Once you use them, you would be on your GC status and your H1 status would no longer be valid.

Using EAD invalidates the H1, but using AP does not.

EAD Approved

for my wife. Look for v_k_g(wife). Still waiting for my wife's AP, my 140 and FP.

EAD/AP and H-1B

joyd ... thanks for the sanity check. And everyone else who responded.. thanks for the info too.

My current H-1B is valid till 10/2005. At that time, I also complete my 6 years on H-1B so will only be able to get 1 year extensions. If I have an EAD/AP can I still renew my H-1B in 10/2005?

Also, what has been the general experince with concurrent EAD/AP and H-1B at port of entry.. I did hear that sometimes an immigration officer will insist that the entrant use the AP and change status instead of allowing the use of the AP? If that is the case, then to protect my H-1B status, i may be better off not applying for an AP at all.. he can't ask me to produce one if I don't have it.

Ciao...

Re: EAD/AP and H-1B

Originally posted by Katman
joyd ... thanks for the sanity check. Also, what has been the general experince with concurrent EAD/AP and H-1B at port of entry.. I did hear that sometimes an immigration officer will insist that the entrant use the AP and change status instead of allowing the use of the AP? If that is the case, then to protect my H-1B status, i may be better off not applying for an AP at all.. he can't ask me to produce one if I don't have it.

Ciao...

As far as I know using AP doesn't affect one's H1 status. Using an EAD does.