2003 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

Originally posted by labor2001
According to the earlier posts, it looks like only Nebraska CS will
start concurrently processing the I140 and I485's.

Vermont CS has not posted anything regarding their implementation, so lets see what they come up with.

Which posts are you referring to?

Are you sure you aren't thinking of some of the "pilot" programs which the various service centers have been discussing? These have only been mentioned at certain service centers (not including the VSC) but the change that people have been discussing here more recently appears to be a more "global" change in the way that concurrent I-140/I-485 applications will be handled. This first came to light fairly recently (last week?) when a copy of a USCIS memo outlining the new guidelines started circulating. This appears to be a "real" change that is going to go ahead at all service centers -- I haven't seen anything to contradict this yet and at least a couple of immigration sites (e.g. murthy.com) seem to be confirming that this is going to happen as of 04/30.

That said, just because there is a memo out stating that this is when the changes will occur, doesn't mean that this will happen. Many of us are probably familiar with PERM (accelerated LC) -- that was supposed to start a couple years back and afaik it still hasn't started (supposed to start this year...)

ETA

Vermont EB3-I140 Date Moved to Aug 6th ??

Vermont EB3-I140 Date Moved to Aug 6th.
But my ND is May 5th 2003.

Not yet approved.

Does these dates make sense ?
Will the recent address change delay the process ?

I would appriciate your inputs.

Re: Vermont EB3-I140 Date Moved to Aug 6th ??

Originally posted by LegalFrustrated
Vermont EB3-I140 Date Moved to Aug 6th.
But my ND is May 5th 2003.

Not yet approved.

Does these dates make sense ?
Will the recent address change delay the process ?

I would appriciate your inputs.

I don't think you are alone -- although the VSC date is now showing 08/06, there are still many people who haven't been approved yet. In theory, you can have your company / lawyer initiate an inquiry once they are 30 days past your ND (you're at about 90 days).

ETA

EAD Approved

Hi,
Mine and my wife EAD are approved on 04/23/04.
EB2
RD 12/03/03
AD 04/23/04
EAC 040435****
EAC 040435****
I have registerd to UCIS web site on Friday(04/23/04)
Saturday morning i got email from UCIS saying mine and my wife EAD are approved.
I am going to update in consolidate 2003 tracker.
Thanks for all your valueable posts.
This forum is great.

ETA-GC - Will the employer initiate enquiry ?

ETA-GC,

Thanks for the info.

I wonder why employer/lawyer would initiate inquiry when they are earning hourly on my body (mine is a broker company).

They might want my I140 delayed as much as possible so that I would be in their shackels ???

140 EB2 Approved .

Hi All !

Finally , my 140 was approved.

Best wihses to those who are waiting ,

Thanks
Sunny
ND 1/4/03 EB2 Concurrent Filing . No RFE
140 AD 04/22/03

9 Months

Hi Guys,

I finally got approved after 9 month!!! A nice cute I-140 baby.

Thanks for the continuous support and discussions on this forum which was very useful. Provided me hope and also an estimate...see u'll at 485 stage.

Best of luck.

RC

Could update the XLS for statistical purpose. I tired to do it but was not successful.

Concurrent : EB2
RD 07/31/03
AD 04/23/04
EAD 11/08/03
EAC-03-222-*****
Center: VC
State : NJ
FP : nil

My AP expires on Sep 2nd 2004

Hi,

Can we renew Advance Parole(AP) just before it expires? Like, a week before ?
Can we renew the Advance Parole after it expires ?
Can I apply for renewal now and use the existing AP for my INDIA trip.
Or, shall I have to send the ORGINAL AP for renewal ?

My AP expires on Sep 2nd 2004. I am planning to go to INDIA and come back on Aug 26th 2004.

Your feedback is much appriciated.

Re: EAD Approved

Originally posted by kishoreup
Hi,
Mine and my wife EAD are approved on 04/23/04.
EB2
RD 12/03/03
AD 04/23/04
EAC 040435****
EAC 040435****
I have registerd to UCIS web site on Friday(04/23/04)
Saturday morning i got email from UCIS saying mine and my wife EAD are approved.
I am going to update in consolidate 2003 tracker.
Thanks for all your valueable posts.
This forum is great.

DId u get 2 year EAD?

I heard that VSC is now issuing 2 year EAD

ohata memo

to all:

just spoke with top legal experts about this memo. this is their interpreation.....the most important aspect of the letter is the "spirit and intent" of the memo which supercedes the actual wording. do not get caught up in the actual wording. the concept that uscis is trying to implement here is accuracy and efficiency. the applications with an approved 140 but not yet approved 485 will most likely get priority over a case that has not yet received a 140 approval. the "spirit" is to look after the loose ends first, and not to just drop what they've done so far and move on to new cases received after april 30th 2004. that would not satisfy the intent of the memo. (so if you have an approved 140 and are awaiting an approved 485, you are most likely in better shape than those who do not have an approved 140/485 and a notice date in sept oct nov 2003). lets be realistic, if cases received after april 30th 2004 received priority, the customers without the 485 (or without 140/485) would have a "legal" case againt the uscis, and the uscis does not want to come under legal fire during this sensitive immigration time during an election year. bush is doing his best to get the support of the immigrant community. they are going to do things such that they do not come under fire and minimize public outcry! the legal experts explain that uscis will most likely do the following:
1. address cases with approved 140, but not yet approved 485 (and work harder to ensure these get done quickly so as to catch up and have them done according to the 140 approval date (to make them 'almost' concurrently adjudicated. please note that cases filed in mid 2002 still have not yet received 485 approval. accoding to my sources, these need to be addressed before approving any of the 2003 and 2004 applications - its just not logical and would create a lot of 'heartburn' in the system!)
2. address cases that do not yet have either 140 or 485 from 2003 and early 2004. adjudicate them concurrently according to the 140 date (if the 'loose ends' dont take too long).
3. address cases filed after april 30th 2004 and adjudicate them concurrently.
this would satisfy the intent of the legislation and more specifically the ohata memo. if we think about it for a second or two, the uscis recognizes there are problems, bottlenecks, etc.....and what they are trying to do is make the systme better, NOT worse!!

all the best, good luck to all. get and stay green!!!!

Re: ohata memo

Originally posted by douglas
to all:

just spoke with top legal experts about this memo. this is their interpreation.....the most important aspect of the letter is the "spirit and intent" of the memo which supercedes the actual wording. do not get caught up in the actual wording. the concept that uscis is trying to implement here is accuracy and efficiency. the applications with an approved 140 but not yet approved 485 will most likely get priority over a case that has not yet received a 140 approval. the "spirit" is to look after the loose ends first, and not to just drop what they've done so far and move on to new cases received after april 30th 2004. that would not satisfy the intent of the memo. (so if you have an approved 140 and are awaiting an approved 485, you are most likely in better shape than those who do not have an approved 140/485 and a notice date in sept oct nov 2003). lets be realistic, if cases received after april 30th 2004 received priority, the customers without the 485 (or without 140/485) would have a "legal" case againt the uscis, and the uscis does not want to come under legal fire during this sensitive immigration time during an election year. bush is doing his best to get the support of the immigrant community. they are going to do things such that they do not come under fire and minimize public outcry! the legal experts explain that uscis will most likely do the following:
1. address cases with approved 140, but not yet approved 485 (and work harder to ensure these get done quickly so as to catch up and have them done according to the 140 approval date (to make them 'almost' concurrently adjudicated. please note that cases filed in mid 2002 still have not yet received 485 approval. accoding to my sources, these need to be addressed before approving any of the 2003 and 2004 applications - its just not logical and would create a lot of 'heartburn' in the system!)
2. address cases that do not yet have either 140 or 485 from 2003 and early 2004. adjudicate them concurrently according to the 140 date (if the 'loose ends' dont take too long).
3. address cases filed after april 30th 2004 and adjudicate them concurrently.
this would satisfy the intent of the legislation and more specifically the ohata memo. if we think about it for a second or two, the uscis recognizes there are problems, bottlenecks, etc.....and what they are trying to do is make the systme better, NOT worse!!

all the best, good luck to all. get and stay green!!!!

This sure makes some sense. but I think the cases in #3 would again might create the backlog that would be difficult to take care. Overall it sure is a step in good direction.

*Keen to stay Green*

Re: ohata memo

So according to the above interpretation people with filing dates
in Sept/Oct/Nov (including me) will get the stick from both ends.

1 - Their I-140 will have to wait for the 485 processing to catch up. So forget about AC21 :mad: till u get GC, which might be 1 - 2 years from now.

2 - They will not come under the category of cases filed after April 30, 2004, so forget about another channel for clearing the cases.

I am really mad that my case will again get lost in the Q, after getting stuck behind the flood of cases filed in April 2001.

labor2001

This theory is sounds very interesting.. i will not be worried .. until otherwise .. for 2-3 months...

things are getting changed every day in USCIS.. nothing can be predicted infront of USCIS.

let us wait and see.

I am also a nov 2003 applicant - but the legal experts claim that we will benefit before the applicants who filed after april 30th 2004. dont be skeptical - we will prevail. you should be relieved that this policy has been implemented while your application is being processed. imagine if nothing was done....you would have to wait that much longer. ac21 provision may get pushed back 30 to 60 days but i cant imagine much more. keep the faith, keep green.