2002 Jan/Feb/Mar RD/ND - The optimists Part II

I did my FP in detroit on june 13, 2002 (RD 6/27/01 ND 8/16). AVM has never updated anything beyond 'your application to I 485...' spoke to iio and checked if FP was approved. IIo said yes it was approved but somehow never got updated.
So my advice to those whose FP is not updated on avm--call ins and check.

IIO Phone Number?

Hi,

Can anyone please post the phone number that they called to check if their FP were approved.

Thanks

Back in action

Guyz,

I had taken a vow that I wudn't look at this site for a month. Still there doesnt seem to be much of a change. Life seems to go on though at a slower pace.:eek:

Shall check my AVM update and see what is in store. BTW, some of us I presume are due for an EAD renewal. Just reminding to prevent any blushes.

gcar

hi, gheewalabhai888!

no, not gone fishing, or on vacation... wish i could, though:(

well, no update on my end either. our RD/ND are 2/14/02 & 2/25/02, and FP was on 5/23/02.

NSC's AVM for my wife's and my case is still "on april 25th, we sent you a notice requesting that you appear for finger print recording...". for my son, it is still "your i485 application to adjust to permanent resident status was received on..."

the only changes were when the AVM glitched and couldn't find our cases for a while... which is not the kind of change i was hoping to see:)

so you see, there was nothing really to report. but let's touch base anyway.

good luck, fellow optimists!

Hi PorkChop...

I am in the same boat too. Our ND is Jan 3, 2002. The AVM messages are similar (no update on FP for me & Wife), for daughter, it says "....appln. received Jan 3, 2002 ...".

Questions to PorkCHop.

1. Did u call NSC to check about the FP status on ur case? [I have informed my lawyer, he said his office would do the same and let me know].

2. Did you happen to receive FP notice again (before the actual FP was done)?

3. R u from Chicago/Detroit?

StillWaiting...

hi, stillWaiting2...

i guess i could say i am "still waiting, too!":)

to answer your questions:

1. no, i have so far not called NSC, since it seems most people in this ballpark have reported that the AVM for their cases has not changed, so i was not unduly alarmed.

2. no, i just received the one notice, about a month prior to our appointed date. did not receive anything either before or after our FP.

3. i am from Des Moines, IA

what do you think, any chances of getting approved yet this year?

I think Jan cases can get approved by

the end of this year? 11 months of turn around time! But significant improvement, nobody knows, seems like the pace has
picked up a bit, we are seeing more approvals.

I called IIO and asked about FP and he verified and said they were ok. When will be a good time to renew EAD?

i have gathered from these forums that applying for EAD renewal 90 days before its expiry is a good idea. the reason for that is, if your EAD renewal application has been pending for 90 days and you still have not received it, then you are entitled for a walk-in renewal at your local INS field office. In case 90 days have not passed, they will not entertain walk-ins, and if you haven't received your EAD (and you were working on that basis), then you are out of luck.

BTW, the starting effectivity date on the new EAD is the date of its approval, *not* the date of expiry of the last one (as these documents are independent of each other). so a gap in their effectivity dates is not a desirable thing.

hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks PorkChop ...

... for reply.

Looking at the numbers on Rupnet, NSC seems to be moving at least (if not moving fast enought to make us happy).

I guess my take, if everythings OK with NSC, our case may be approved by the end of the year. Consider that July '01 seems to be the heaviest month for AOS!

Best of luck (we all need it)!

As for now...

StillWaiting...

I had decided not to visit this site too..

till at least one year from my ND (Oct 16th 2001)
but...alas..we r humans:rolleyes:
anyhow..I did get my EAD renewed,agst people's advice to do it late,but I thot it's better to be early than late..so abt 4 months before expiry (on INS website they say 6 mos before expiry of prev EAD one can renew),my spouse and I applied.
BUT - STRANGE..both r EADs are valid from the date of expiry of the prv EAD and *NOT* from date of approval..ie their validity is Nov 2003,though we got appvoed abt 2 weeks back..so dunno...
cheers
Jack

thank you, jack...

... for sharing this info. i stand corrected! i think i had read the info on validity dates on either this or some other website, which i can't recall now. anyhow, it really does make better sense to renew the old EAD, and extend its validity date, rather than issue a completely new one that bears no relation to old one.

thanks again!

PorkChop, I remember reading about it...

... too.

But I think the difference depends on whether you apply in Local INS Office or in the regional one (e.g. NSC).

If I remember it correct, for EAD

If you apply in local office, then u get it starting from the date of approval

but if u apply in the regional office, then u get it from the date of the expiry of previous one, renewed for another year.

My turn to apply is soon...

StillWaiting...

you are absolutely right, stillWaiting2. i think we now have a more complete picture of EAD renewals. thanks!

Help!

Hi,

My FP was done on 06/04/02. But AVM is not updated with my FP status. I called NSC and talked with representative. She told me she couldn't find my FP status and my case was pending. I talked it with my lawyer and he told me that he really received 2nd notice for my FP because I moved to another state before my FP was done. But he checked it with NSC and was told that I could disregard 2nd notice. But now he asked me to FP with my first FP worksheet and 2nd notice. Is anyone else in the same situation? What should I do? Will it affect my application?

Thanks a lot

ericalee,

Our lawyer asked us to ignore the 2nd notice (which was dated before the date we went for FP, but we received it after we got FP done based on the first notice we recieved).

In any case, we went to the local INS office, and showed them the papers reg. our FP being done and showed them both the notices. We were told that our FP has been done and that we may not worry about the second notice.

I am just sharing our experience. Since it is hard to find any pattern/methodology that works here, you might want to do what you think is logical on your part.

I hope this helps.

As for the final approval, we are...

StillWaiting...

Hi, stillwaiting2,

Thanks so much for your information.It's very helpful.

My second notice should be on 06/27 which was after my FP done. And my lawyer didn't send me the second notice because he thought I could disregard it. But when I told him that there was no my FP record in NSC database. He suggested me to have my fingerprint taken again. But you know it's 09/09 today. I don't know what I can do?

Anyway, thank you so much for your help!

ericalee