140 --> NVC --> St.Louis --> NVC --> Consulate Tracker .....

Just confirmed with operator NVC received my option letter yesterday.

Looks like FAX was lost or ignored. Thank god I had asked my lawyer to send confirmation letter by post as well.

Does the AVM reflect case or we need to talk to the operator ?

Its been more than two weeks since my AD do I need to talk to an operator or the AVM will reflect the fact that NVC has recevied my case.

No Title

NVC received my case on April 15th. I came to know this after I talked to
an operator today (April 18th) morning. When I called yesterday evening
AVM said \'no information received on this case\', eventhough
they received the case on 15th. So It seems to me that NVC does not update the
AVM for this. I think they update once the case is created.

I called only once this morning at 8.30am. It got connected. And I was on hold only
3 min to talk an operator.

No Title

My lawyer called NVC yesterday and was told that they do not accept re-confirmations by phone. I suppose they neither accept phone nor fax re-confirmations.

From my experience...

Your AVM message changes when your case has been created at NVC, not when they received. After that, I don\'t know yet because I\'m waiting for my P3 here... You might want to talk to an operator to see they are creating P3 right away or sending the reconfirmation letter like they did to me and several others on this board.

Those operators at NVC are very nice and friendly so don\'t be afraid:)

Please Help:- Can I do CP by myself since my attorney is ....

charging additional $2000.00 for doing CP...what are the negative points if I complete PKT3 by myself & mail it to NVC...please help me, if there is some one who has done CP by their own...

Thanks

You Should DO yourself .. even if attorney is doing it for free !!!!

You Should DO yourself .. even if attorney is doing it for free !!!!
This is only a one step process !!
1) Just fill DS230 forms .. 25 entries .. and thats all !!
and take help from these newsgroup ..
Everybody knows .. attorneys are dumbs ...

Hello everyone ....

Geez lot of things happened in my absence here last week or so. Moulin thanks for answering my question at very begining of this thread. I was reading about re-affirmation for CP. It is taking a serious turn. I am represented by company attorney. I called in NVC just now first time in 2 weeks. After I enter my case # it is playing "Operators not available now". Does this mean that NVC is seeking re-affirmation ? When I called NVC couple of weeks back they gave me my case # with MDR2002xxxxxx and officer told me that I would receive my Pkt 3 in 3 to 4 weeks. I am all confused now. How do i find out if I need to send re-affirmation to NVC ? Thanks guys !!!

I shall read this whole thread for latest dates and update our "140 to Pkt3 list in a day or two.

thanks

hydi

Question for those who got their P3 created/sent out...

Does the AVM message change after they create or send P3? If so, what would it say?

Thanks!

Hydi, sometimes NVC system is down & it gives you the message.

Talk to the operator on working days (Monday through Thursday per NVC web site). But I have talked to them on Friday as well.

I think better use FEDEX next day delivery.

You need not to wiat for the letter to arrive from NVC. Simply do the FEDEX. FAX# available in NVC site I do not remember at this time.
Here is the letter format. Your attorney has to send this if I-140 was processed through him.

April 11, 2002

VIA FAX 603-334-0791
and CERTIFIED U.S. MAIL
National Visa Center
32 Rochester Ave.
Portsmouth, NH 03801-2909

RE: Immigrant Visa of xxxx
INS case#
NVC case#

Dear Sir or Madam:

This is to confirm that Mr. xxxx will be applying for an immigrant visa at the U.S. Consulate in Mumbai, India. Please notify the consulate in order to complete the processing of his visa as soon as possible.

Thank you for your assistance in this matter.

Very truly yours,

Attorney at Law

Mitsy

The AVM message does not change. My P3 was created on 4/15 but there is no change in the AVM message.

Thanks, brb

Ok, thanks! I guess I need to call and talk to an operator sometime next week and find out what my status is.

Let us know when you receive P3, which most likely before the end of the month?

Have a nice weekend!

NVC Received my I-140

Hi Guys, My info: EB3/VSC/AD-2/27/02. The operator said that I will hear from them in 6 to 8 weeks. Sri.

FYI: www.cptracker.com updated with new cp process.

FYI: www.cptracker.com updated with new cp process.

cptracker.com updated with new cp process
Please update/check your entries !!
MANY MANY Thanks to CoolDude who maintain cptracker.com.

NVC AVM Message question

My case has been created on 4/17. I checked AVM and
AVM message was "Information sheet regarding AOS has sent on ...".
I am not clear about this message.

Is it regarding reconfirmation letter?

Thanks

got PCC on friday from houston.

I applied on 3/6 and received pcc on 4/19. I hope we also need PCC from local police station according to article in murthy.com. Attr. murthy has recently conducted interview with officials in chennai consulate, the overview related to PCC is

Police Certificate Requirement for Immigrant Visa Applicants
------------------------------------------------------------

As many MurthyBulletin and MurthyDotCom readers are aware, the Chennai consulate is now requiring two kinds of police clearances: (a) a Police Clearance Certificate from the police authorities in the local jurisdiction and (b) a record from the regional Indian Passport Office (for persons domiciled in India) or from the Indian Embassy (for persons domiciled in the U.S.). We inquired about the delay caused by these procedures and the value of this particular requirement.

The consulate explained that the police certificate requirement is a directive from the U.S. Department of State (DOS) headquarters in Washington. Therefore, the consulate does not make decisions regarding the police certificate policy. They suggest people plan well in advance regarding police certificates and begin researching the matter upon receipt of their immigrant visa instructions in "Packet III."

--------------------------------------------------------------

but recently some successful CP\'ers postings tell PCC from Indian consulate in US is sufficient.

I hope it is better to get the from local police station also. Guys, please post your suggestions.

Thanks