140 --> NVC --> St.Louis --> NVC --> Consulate Tracker .....

yeah, but here\'s something we can do

talked to them, they said P3 creation willtno start till they get confirmation. so,

once you hear the date of the letter from the AVM,

get your lawyer to send a letter on his letterhead, citing your case number, name, EAC etc, that you are going for CP. Mention that it\'s in response to the letter they sent out on . Fedex it.

that way, we can be sure the delay will be a minimum.

Here\'s my details...

Wow, brb! You are so lucky! Most likely your case doesn\'t have to go through St. Louis perhaps? My I-140\'s info is RD 10/22, ND 11/7, which is less than 6 months. The operator told me the only reason they sent out the letter to the lawyer was I live in the US currently. Now I wonder why...

I think mine will have to go through St. Louis by the time I get my P3. I really wanted my interview to be scheduled this summer (July or August) but I guess I\'ll have to wait till sometime in fall. Oh well.

Keep us updated with your info when you get your P3!

Packet 3 created 4/15

Got an email from the attorney\'s office. They spoke to NVC and found out that packet 3 was created on 4/15.

I140 AD: 03/11
NVC Recd: 03/22
Case Created: 4/4
Packet 3 Created: 4/15

I don\'t think that I am going to get the reconfirmation letter. I spoke to an operator last week and she mentioned that it was not required for my case. I think it is just for cases where you do not have an attorney or your i140 was approved last year. Just my opinion.

No Title

My 140 had a RD of 2/5 and AD of 3/19 2002 So the 6 months theory does not work. My 140 did have a attorney and the NVC even confirmed the name with me, so that theory does not work. But i still got the dreaded confirmation letter.

BC Question

I have Non-Availablity certificate. And two affidavites of DOB.
And Year of birth is after 70. I read some where ,
IF DOB is afetr 70 then BC is must.

Thanks

My attorney said the following:

The U.S. Consulate General in Mumbai is responsible for immigrant visa
cases for those applicants residing in the states of Maharashtra; Gujarat;
and Goa; Daman and Diu (Union Terrotory); Madhya Pradesh; Arunachal
Pradesh; Assam; Bihar; Dadra and Nagar Haveli (Union Territory); Manipur;
Meghalaya; Mizoram (Union Territory); Nagaland; Orissa; Sikkim; Tripura;
and West Bengal.

Does this also apply for CP ?
I plan to talk to NVC operator tomorrow.

gcseeker02.

yup 6 month theory doesnot work with my case too

140 AD 3/18, applied in late Jan 2002.

well, god nows what they are doing this for.

anyway - with the reconfirmation letter we can forget the P3 reahing us by month end, with luck it might get created by month end.

yeah then one can wait for the \'review\'. what do they check for, typos?

anyway - cant do anything but wait.

Re-confirmation theory

The whole GC process sucks. No rule, just luck rules.
I was shooting for interview date so my son need not to miss school but does not look like an option.

Cheers!!!!! You got go through this proces once only.

Reconfirmation theory and backlog

I guess the best theory is that all the lawyers file for CP so that the client has an option of not sending the packet 3 or going with the AOS. Since NVC has taken over now, since they want to make sure before they can go ahead waste thier bandwidth for people who might not be interested in CP atall. Like somebody pointed out this was the case in the 1999 and 2000. People were trying out all th loopholes.

Second obesrvation to make is there are very very few interviews in April, May so this suggests that the NVC promises to be slow and accumulate enough backlog to exponentially increase this delay for future I-140 approvals so that everybody is forced to do AOS anyways, maybe this reduces the load on the Consulates, which had too many CPs lately.

Important point here is if its surely going to

I agree with you, NVC is defenitly trying to reduce load on consulates..

If CP process takes more than 6 months most of them will be interested in going for AOS and take advantage of AC21 rule.

Regarding Reconfirmation theory, why some people are not getting letters & for some directly P3 is created. I called and spoke to NVC operator today to confirm whether reconfrimation letter is required or not for me, she told for my case reconfirmation letter is not required and P3 is created. I will update any change.

reconfirmation; Mitsy

Immihelp.com extract:
"If the alien has a U.S. address on the petition, the NVC will send him or her a letter informing the alien of the option available to seek AOS or to apply for a visa abroad. The alien is asked to return the form attached to the letter indicating which option he or she wishes to follow. "

Mitsy: What consulate are you planning to do your CP at? Are you registered on cptracker.com?

I don\'t completely agree with this analysis .... if consulates were so overloaded then ...

why are they still entertaining AC140 !!!! They seem to accept all AC140 cases and infact most of us can convert to one and they will accept them!!! The only exception would be Chennai guys as Chennai needs an approved 824 ...

With experience of this forum re-confirmation is kind discretional

decision of the officer handling your decision. I think it has nothing to do with reducing consulate load. If the load of consulate will increase then people will have to wait longer for itnterview.
Secondly now NVC shares most of there load by dealing with P3 etc.

Just my thoughts.

From NVC\'s web site

I am in the United States and would like to adjust status. How do I do that?

If you live in the U.S. you may be eligible for adjustment of status as a permanent resident. When your case becomes current, NVC will send you a letter telling you that you may be eligible for adjustment of status and asking that you tell us if you will adjust or apply at a U.S. consular section abroad. If you write back to us that you will adjust status, we will note it on your case record and retain the file until an INS office requests it to process your adjustment application. If NVC does not get a reply to our letter after 30 days, we will send you a Packet 3 and send your case file to a consular office abroad for processing.

NVC is not involved in adjustment of status. You should contact the INS office nearest you for information, forms, and adjustment of status updates.

brb, I guess I\'m just so unlucky...

brb, my consulate is Tokyo, Japan. Yep, it\'s one of those consulates which were listed in the new list of "hey, you gotta send your P3 to St. Louis beginning in May." That\'s why I\'m so dissapointed that I got the reconfirmation letter. I was hoping that my lawyer will get/send P3 before the change takes place in May. I don\'t think that\'s a possibility anymore.

PS: I\'m using name Piyo in cptracker.com.

Mitsy

Hope you get your reconfirmation soon. I will let you know if I am routed through St. Louis too. BTW, my nickname on CPtracker is Sydney.

NVC received my case

Hi,

PD: 08/99
I-140 AD: 04/03/02 Transferred from TSC to VSC
NVC Received: 04/15/02

Talked to NVC operator today. She was nice unlike TSC or VSC.
Operator told me that NVC will take 6 to 8 weeks to create the case.

That is too long. When will the packet 3 mailed?. Probably 2 weeks
after the case created. I think I will be expecting P3 sometime in June!