140 --> NVC --> St.Louis --> NVC --> Consulate Tracker .....

No Title

I beleive that all they check is if you have completely filled out the DS-230 and verify that your residence places match your employment history (just based on what u fill out) and that there are no unexplained gaps..

One interesting tid-bit i picked up is that if your P3 is filled out wrong, they send an RFE. If you still have errors they send you another RFE and review. After two reviews, regardless of incomplete information, they forward your case to the consulate.

Anyone, got P3 or Started filling DS230 Part1..

I still have doubts in filling item 25 of DS230 part1. We have to fill this item with the port of entries to USA or with an entry for each employer you changed?

Please update me.

Thanks

I think POE

In my case I entered just once but changed employer in different city so I am putting one entry for each employer.

For my case NVC\'s AVM says \'An information sheet regarding adjustment of status is sent on 4/11.\' I am not sure what is this. Is that referring to my reaffirmation letter. Any thoughts with similar experience is appreciated.

April i-140 Approval and NVC Tracking

Category: EB3
MD 1st Feb 2002(I-140 application Mail Date)
RD 6th Feb 2002(I-140 application Recieve Date at VSC)
ND -Dont know- (I-140 application entered into system and Notice Date from VSC)
AD 08th April 2002 (I-140 approval date)
EAC - 02 -104 - 5XXXX

NVC yet has not received the case and have no idea of the time frames going forward. PLease Post info if anybody has any.

No Title

I got the "An information sheet regarding adjustment of status is sent on 4/15" too... I spoke with the operator today and he told me that they will be mailing a P3 and this evening at about 9pm, the message changed ! Damn NVC. I beleive this is the reaffirmation letter. Damn. Another spanner in the wheel.

Whiterose.. you also have similar dates as me. Did you check tbe AVM ? Check it out and let us know.

NVC AVM message

My case created date is 4/5. I just checked the AVM message and it said the packet 3 will be sent to the attorney on record in 4-6 weeks. I had filed a G28 (?) and given my attorney\'s address for sending packet 3. I guess I might not fall into this reconfirmation. I also read somewhere that if the I-140 filing date is more than 6 months old, NVC checks to make sure you have not decided to go for AOS and are still interested in CP.

No Title

When did you file the G-28 with your attoney\'s address for P3 ? Did u do anything specifically for the P3 or are you talking about the G-28 for the 140 ?

Moulin, I am getting message no operators available at this time..

I will call NVC tomorrow. This reaffirmation letters really sucks another waste of time.

NVC hasn\'t recd my P3 yet

I sent my packet III to St Louis on March 22nd. I called NVC today and came to know that they haven\'t recd it yet. It is more than 23 days since I sent my Packet III to St Louis. Anybody in a similar situation?

Moulin Rouge

I think it was the G28 for I-140. But my attorney did mention that it is her practice to specifically indicate delivery of packet 3 to her to avoid clients not paying their last installment and going ahead on their own. Yesterday a P3 was created on cptracker.com for a person registered as pujpran, 8 days after NVC created a case. Hope everyone gets their P3s soon.

DS230 Part I & Part II

Clarifications in filling the DS230 Part I & Part II... Please see the attached document... feel free to add quetsions , but pls don\'t delete any questions

Please reply with your initials followed by your comments

letz make this as a helpful document for the others who will be receving their Packet-3 soon

i will post the same with the answers from my attorney.

Thanks
LocalMadras

called NVC today.

operator told me my P3 is created yesterday and will be sent in 2 to 4 weeks. I specifically asked her it is P3 or reaffirmation letter, she told it is P3. I have to wait and see.

About the green card address...

I don\'t know for sure if USPS doesn\'t forward the envelope if you move or not, but I thought I should tell you this story...

My neighbor came over one day saying that the postman had put my mail to her mailbox by mistake. She apologized that she didn\'t realize it wasn\'t for her until she accidentally opened it. I just told her not to worry and thanked her that she brought that mail to me. Well, yes, you guessed it right. Since it was already opened, I could see what was inside...GC! It had my address on it, but it wasn\'t for me (of course.) I know how important this is for this person so I asked the apartment manager if he knew the forwarding address to this person. They didn\'t. So I just had to write "Moved from the address" to the envelope and put it in the mailbox.

I bet the person was waiting for the card for so long!! I don\'t want that to happen to me. So please be extra careful which address you put down to the mailing address for GC:)

USPS will not forward any correspondance from INS .... they will return it back !

So if you move, you have to update the address with INS ... thats the only way.

I think one line for each status

Just check with my attorney on that. She mentioned the following:

List all entries to the U.S. and in what status from your initial entry as a student.  You can obtain this record from the admittance stamps in your passport.

WhiteRose

Does the message on your AVM reflect the creation of your packet 3? I checked the AVM just now and my message is the same - will be sent in 4-6 weeks to the attorney on record. How does one get to the operator after checking the AVM? I pressed 0 after the AVM message and it said this concludes your session!
thanks

http://www.immigrationportal.com/WebX?50@251.PGRSa2rk9cJ^25078@.efdc316/13

is the link to the previous thread, in case you are looking for some old discussion.

thanks WatchTSC

WatchTSC, thanks for your Input ,

my attorney responded back saying that they are goin to fill everything on my DS 230, and send it to me just for the SIGNATURE.... They also told me that they may recieve my Packet-3 in couple of weeks.... iam goin to wait , as always :)