140 --> NVC --> St.Louis --> NVC --> Consulate Tracker .....

Just talked to an operator this morning...

and found out that NVC has sent my lawyer an letter asking whether I want to go through CP or AOS on April 12!! I asked her why this has been done since I did indicate that I want to go thorugh CP on my I-140. She said that the reason is that I have an address in the US, meaning that I live in the US currently and if you do, you (or the lawyer) get this letter. (I wonder since when they started doing this...maybe I should\'ve asked.)

Anyway, she said that I will receive my P3 in 2-4 weeks AFTER they receive the reply from my lawyer. It really sucks that we have to go through this extra step!!

PS: I called shortly after 8am this morning and the operator answer the phone directly. No recorded message at all! It was quite surprising. She was very nice though!

No Title

That really sucks Misty.. Anyway, welcome to the "Recon Club" :) Just wanted to update that I got my PCC yesterday.

A quick tip. I applied for it in Dec (paid $11 not $20 he he he) and got a call from the consulate early march. I had applied for it via mail with copies of passport. I went to CGNY yesterday morning and gave in our passports. They process it AFTER they get the original passport so the PCC has an issued date of April 16th not Dec or March. So now its still valid for the next 6 months. Just wanted to point out the benefit of applying early and picking up late. I would have delayed pickup even further but my wife\'s leaving the country next week, hence I went in now.

Another twist was they said that they received the clearance for my wife but not for ME.. Said the counsel would have to pass a special order to issue me one which he should do since I have a genuine case (> 45 days I guess) and he did.

So that ends the PCC saga. The NVC saga is only beginning.

NVC registered case but assigned case # BMB 2002 ....., does this mean

Bombay.

My I140 application specifically mentioned to notify Delhi consulate.
and that was my preferred location for CP. My H1 was also originally
issued in Delhi.

Does NVC assign Consulates at random or is this a mistake.

Did anyone else have this problem.

Any recommendations, how I can change it ?
Any other issues ?

Many Thanks Folks !!

gcseeker02

Yes its Mumbai (Bombay).

Was Mumbai ur last place of residence before you came to USA..
NVC sometimes schedules based on the last place of residence..

You can always call up NVC and ask them to change it to New Delhi..

Shanks

My friend has same experience

He lived in Mumbai but they assigned him Channai.
But interview & everything worked out fine. So talk to NVC but if its going to add some extra process simply go to Mumbai.

No Title

watchTSC, any luck with your Pkt3 ? Did the NVC acknowledge the receipt of your reconfirmation fax/mail ? Thanks !

Last place of residence New Delhi.

I am suddenly all nervous. In Delhi, I am aware of logistics.
Where is embassy, photo studio, Clinics, Passport Office etc etc.
how much time it takes from one place to another etc etc.

I also plan to give local address in New Delhi to receive Pkt4.
I have no one in Bombay and never been there....

gcseeker02.

I think you will be better off with Mumbai if you want to end the GC saga quick .... Delhi and Chenn

I think u are lucky u got Bombay ... wish I had got that and not NWD !!

Take it easy man..Mumbai is such a beautiful place..why should u get tensed

Consulate address is on their web page///
Right in front of Embassy, you can do ur photos..My own Studio is famous for that..just hunt this site..u will get several links and information ..

You can do medicals at Lilavati..it seems they are quite good.
Lilavati is in Bandra..

And there are several good hotels near the embassy or near the airport..I dont know any offhand..but it shouldnt be a problem at all/..

Also, Mumbai is bit fast and more leniant..thats what I heard..

Shanks

No Title

But there is no 100% guarantee that Mumbai will consider his case if he does not qualify under their jurisdiction. I think he should consider changing to NWD rather than risk Mumbai forwarding case to Delhi (read \'more delay\').

Moulin Rouge, good point. watchTSC can you please post experience of

your friend (after checking) how it worked out for him.

Did the I140 INS -> consulate notification re-sumbitted from
Mumbai to Chennai. Because this is asked in I140. Which
consulate should be notified about I140 approval ?

gcseeker02.

yeah sheet for me too

whay cant these guys just accept the fact that people might just want CP when it says on the darn petition?

makes me wonder if they looked at the CP processs, said to themselves, these people are getting it fast. what right do these slaves have to get it so fast? add the NVC step. add the review step. Still fast? oh oh. add another step, ask for confirmation. make it slow!

morons.

Moulin Rouge, good point. watchTSC can you please post experience of

your friend (after checking) how it worked out for him.

Did the I140 INS -> consulate notification re-sumbitted from
Mumbai to Chennai. Because this is asked in I140. Which
consulate should be notified about I140 approval ?

gcseeker02.

No Title

My gut feel for this is that a lot of lawyers nowadays are blanket filing 140\'s with the CP option. They tell the clients that it leaves both options open for them (which is correct) and with the review tossed in, I guess a lot of people went for AOS.

As a result, the NVC created P3\'s for all these guys who never reply to it. Hence this added step, I GUESS. Classic case of how we (as a GC seeking community) shoot ourselves in the foot.

Mumbai embassy info. (Don\'t be nervous. )

gcseeker02,

When you came to USA and doing well, there don\'t worry in motherland..
May be following information will help. Best luck.

---
Go to: http://usembassy.state.gov/mumbai/wwwhcons.html

Mumbai IV Email address for any query: MumbaiIV@state.gov
--

Address:

U.S. Consulate General, Mumbai
Lincoln House
78 Bhulabhai Desai Road
Mumbai 400 026
Phone: (22) 3633611
Fax: 3630350
Operating Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday-Friday (except holidays)

--
FAQ for Mumbai:

You will see here Hospital detail too. visit 4 business days before interview to hospital.

http://usembassy.state.gov/mumbai/wwwhimmi.html

--

Appointments at page: usembassy.state.gov/mumbai/wwwhappt.html
--

HOLIDAYS IN 2002 at Mumbai consulate :
The following holidays will be observed in Mumbai during the calendar year 2002

Date

January 1, 2002
January 21, 2002
February 18, 2002
March 25, 2002
March 29, 2002
April 25, 2002
May 1, 2002
May 27, 2002
July 4, 2002
August 15, 2002
August 21, 2002
September 2, 2002
September 10, 2002
October 2, 2002
October 14, 2002
October 15, 2002
November 4, 2002
November 11, 2002
November 28, 2002
December 25, 2002

--

Special for Greencard kind photograph studio:

My own Photo studio
91,bhulabhai Desai Road,
Mumbai-400 026
Timing: 9 to 7..
Road map:...Go towards raj pavilion direction....
there will be garden on right hand and side and opposite that my own photo studio...
Waliking distance...5-7 minutes

---

Hospitals:

http://usembassy.state.gov/mumbai/wwwhimmi.html#medical

--

yeah, but here\'s something we can do

talked to them, they said P3 creation willtno start till they get confirmation. so,

once you hear the date of the letter from the AVM,

get your lawyer to send a letter on his letterhead, citing your case number, name, EAC etc, that you are going for CP. Mention that it\'s in response to the letter they sent out on . Fedex it.

that way, we can be sure the delay will be a minimum.

vsshah, Thanks a lot for all the info. I am still skeptical because in my

I140 New Delhi is mentioned as consulate.

Now turns out that NVC when registering my case assigned
BMB 2002 .... (Bombay Consulate).

I am trying to find out of there will be any additional issues
in this regard.

gcseeker02.

NVC received my 140 approval notice finally

I just called NVC this morning. They have received my 140 approval notice (Approved on 02/13/2002). The lady I spoke to wouldn\'t give me the exact RD. She just said some time in April. I\'ll update cptracker as soon an my attorney sends me a copy of the Receipt notice at NVC.

Packet 3 created 4/15

Talked to the NVC operator just now by using 2-2-3-2 and entering consulate number, 1 for confirmation, and then ten 0s and then 1 again for confirmation. Message said case not found, to talk to an operator press 0!
I-140 AD 3/12
NVC case created 4/5
Packet 3 4/15.
Waiting to here from my lawyer, if my packet 3 requires routing through St.Louis.

Mitsy: I don\'t think all US based cases require confirmation of CP intent to be reconfirmed. Is your date of I-140 RD more than 6 months by any chance?