140-->NVC-->St.Louis-->NVC-->Consulate Tracker Part5

Do we need PCC from Local Police Station in India??? Please respond!!!

I was under the impression that for Chennai Consulate,
we do not require a PCC from Local Police Station,
a PCC from Indian Embassy is fine. Did this change?

Also can anyone enlighten me on the PCC validity(time frame)???

Ravi..Chennai do not require a PCC from local police station if you are here in US..

Just a PCC from Indian Embassy will do. The validity period for this is 1 year from the date of issue.

no more fax of reconfirmation letter

NVC is not accepting fax of reconfirmation letter any more. They have sent out the info sheet to me yesterday and today I was tring to fax in the reconfirmation letter. However, after talking to several different operators (due to disbelief), I was finally convinced that they are not accepting fax any longer. They told me that I have to mail in the letter. However, I do not need to wait for their letter first.
I will mail in a letter via FEDEX today.
Now I only wish I know that why on earth they need to ask me a question that I ALREADY answered a couple of months ago. oh, well, at least at NVC you can talk to someone without dialing hundreds and hundreds of times. I should already consider this as a luxury comparing to the folks doing AOS at INS centers, shouldn\'t I?

thanks miami, I got PCC from Indian embassy in Feb 2002, and expecting either Oct/Nov interview <

&nbsp;

no more fax of reconfirmation letter

NVC is not accepting fax of reconfirmation letter any more. They have sent out the info sheet to me yesterday and today I was tring to fax in the reconfirmation letter. However, after talking to several different operators (due to disbelief), I was finally convinced that they are not accepting fax any longer. They told me that I have to mail in the letter. However, I do not need to wait for their letter first.
I will mail in a letter via FEDEX today.
Now I only wish I know that why on earth they need to ask me a question that I ALREADY answered a couple of months ago. oh, well, at least at NVC you can talk to someone without dialing hundreds and hundreds of times. I should already consider this as a luxury comparing to the folks doing AOS at INS centers, shouldn\'t I?

Vincent.... reconfirmation letter

Dude,
Do you mind what kind of reconfirmation letter u r sending and also what the format i.e what info. needs to be on the letter. ?

Also does the AVM tell that the case is waiting for reconfirm. letter ?

last but not least .. what address u r sending the letter to ? i.e attn. to specfic person/building ?

thansk in advance &amp; good luck

thanks miami, I got PCC from Indian embassy in Feb 2002, and expecting either Oct/Nov interview <

&nbsp;

nvc received packet three, spoke to operator today

sent 5/16, check cashed 6/4, received nvc 6/7, expecting august interview

rekhak, watchTsc, hary

I called NVC too ( they received P3 for review on June 3rd) today (19th morning ) and was told the review was not yet done and the usual 6/8 weeks thing. I guess things are not as fast as it was during May end ( 10 days .. )

Will call again later this week or early next week and check. oh well.

guys, my case reviewed today !!

recvd from St louis 05/07
sent corrections on 05/17

review done June 11.

I am so releived that the corrections were all ok !!

Can I expect August ??

Address in the passport

I am holding and Indian passport and the Indian address mentioned there is not the current address. We have moved within the the same city limits. Is it important to have the current address on the Indian passport when we go for CP interview.

Please let me know

140 did not reach NVC, more than 100 days...

So my attorney has faxed the I-140 to NVC. Does anyone know what will be the next step and when can I expect packet 3 ? Also my H1 renewal is in progress at NSC (due to expire at the end of this month). What happens to my I-94 after the H1 renewal?
Meanwhile my wife and son are in India and their H4 will expire at the end of this month. How do they renew their H4 so that they can return? Has anyone had similar experiences?
Sorry there are lot of questions, but any reply is appreciated.

thanks jonnal, I am already on top of things, I already filled out the DS230 Part1, and I am looking

&nbsp;

Questions regarding DS230 Part 1

Item# 23, Do we have to include all educational institutions attended?
I went to 3 different schools from 1-10th grade, I also attended 6mo. of BSc before joining Eng. college, but did not appear for any exams.

Appreciate any help in this regard.