140-->NVC-->St.Louis-->NVC-->Consulate Tracker Part 6

I sent my packet 3 to NVC on 06/27/02 for Montreal CP.
I called NVC ON 08/16/02 and they told me that they have not recived my original marriage certificate.3 weeks back when i called them to confirm about my original documents then they said they have my all original docs. Can any body suugest what should i do?
What happens if they misplace original docs?
Today NVC operator told me that on 08/14/02 they sent a letter to my lawyer in which they asked to submit original marriage certificate and proof of residency in canada. Can some one suggest that should I send mine landing papers(PR) to NVC Or should I Send PR papers of my wife also? Should I send original or just photocopy?

NVC toold me that they have sent a letter to my attorney asking original marriage doc and proof of residency in canada.But till today (08/21/02) my lawyer has not recieved any letter.Is some one faced this type of problem?Please suggest....
Should i send my copy of landing papers without waiting for letter from NVC.

Hello Ravi & saradao,
Thanks for your reply. But Ravi, eventhough she told 6-8 weeks it will take, I think that she was explaining the procedure. Any way as Saradao said next week I will try once again.
Saradao from your case it seems that the day they get it from St Louise they will enter it on our file , is'nt it ? When was your case send to St Louise ?

Hi All
Could any one answer my question or know some one who faced a similar situation. My P3 review got completed on 08/16 and i am expecting a November interview. My H-1 VISA though is expiring on Oct 26th (first 3 years). So I am applying for an extension by premium processing.
My question here is once i get my H1 extn approved should i send my Passport for the new VISA stamping to St. Luois (bcos i will be cutting close time wise since it is taking two months ) or is it okay since i am going for CP interview to consulate in Chennai (hoping for the best).
Will appreciate all your input on this

Thanks in Advance
Murali..

Hi Chad12,

You do not need visa stamp in your passport, just take the approved notice to the consulate for the interview which shows that ur having legal status. That's it, so don't send the passport to any center.

RKReddy

Originally posted by chad12
Hi All
Could any one answer my question or know some one who faced a similar situation. My P3 review got completed on 08/16 and i am expecting a November interview. My H-1 VISA though is expiring on Oct 26th (first 3 years). So I am applying for an extension by premium processing.
My question here is once i get my H1 extn approved should i send my Passport for the new VISA stamping to St. Luois (bcos i will be cutting close time wise since it is taking two months ) or is it okay since i am going for CP interview to consulate in Chennai (hoping for the best).

Thanks in Advance
Murali..

Thanks rkreddy

Originally posted by rkreddy
Hi Chad12,

You do not need visa stamp in your passport, just take the approved notice to the consulate for the interview which shows that ur having legal status. That's it, so don't send the passport to any center.

RKReddy

Originally posted by juke
Hello Ravi & saradao,
Thanks for your reply. But Ravi, eventhough she told 6-8 weeks it will take, I think that she was explaining the procedure. Any way as Saradao said next week I will try once again.
Saradao from your case it seems that the day they get it from St Louise they will enter it on our file , is'nt it ? When was your case send to St Louise ?

Jusk,
P3 posted on 08/02. I don't know whether they enter into computer same day they receive P3 docs. But I was told that they received my docs yesterday. I guess you don't need to waite till next week, if nothing personnaly stops, you can call today itself as you posted P3 before me..

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All

Thanks in Advance
Murali..

Murali,
You don't need to do that unless you have any plans to India before your interview. Do you want to deal with NVC again in middle???? hahaha..

Re: Re: My review is complete!!!!

Thanks rkreddy.
Here are my details,
NSC-I-140, EB2 category.

-Ravi

Originally posted by rkreddy
Ravi,

Congrats man!. I just called NVC and I still got the standard reply 6-8 weeks. Hopefully I should be done pretty soon. Which center was your I140 approved? and What EB category is yours?

mailed pkt3 to st. louis: 6/21
NVC received pkt3 from St. louis: 7/19
NVC completed review: ??

RKReddy

just bumping the thread to the first page.

Guys, please post any updates to your cases. The message board has been pretty quite.

To RaviPK

Hi Ravi,

I just got my I-140 approved NSC, EB3. Planning to go for CP at Chennai. Could you tell me the approx how long does it take to get into Interview? Also, I would appreciate if you could let me know the required documents that I should start collecting. I have my tax returns and also all other certificates. Applied for PCC at Indian Consulate, Houston. Do you have a kind of checklist?

My email is VenkatCNV@yahoo.com

Thanks for your help.

Venkat.

Re: To RaviPK

Hi Venkat,

Welcome to the thread. You are looking at about 5-7 months before you can get an interview.
I think you did get a head start at your document collection.
Just make sure of the date of birth certificates and/or affidavits from your parents.

some helpful links about documentation,
http://cptracker.com/interview_detail.asp?Posted_By=srifx
http://chennaicp.tripod.com/

I think the above 2 sites are good information.

all the best....
-Ravi

Originally posted by Venkat CNV
Hi Ravi,

I just got my I-140 approved NSC, EB3. Planning to go for CP at Chennai. Could you tell me the approx how long does it take to get into Interview? Also, I would appreciate if you could let me know the required documents that I should start collecting. I have my tax returns and also all other certificates. Applied for PCC at Indian Consulate, Houston. Do you have a kind of checklist?

My email is VenkatCNV@yahoo.com

Thanks for your help.

Venkat.

hi guys & Gals..
I just called NVC today and found that my case has
been sent to Chennai on Aug 20th and the operator said they sent by DHL courier and it should take around ten days and when i asked how to find the probable interview date they said u can call at this number 91-44-8273040 / 827
the numbers after the slash may be the extn number that what she thinks.. i remember some of guys are talking about sending an email to chennai consulate, is there any particular email address or just the general email contact address

RaviPK, GetGCNow and mothkuri may be yours also might be sent by now. Good Luck

Murali..

Review Completed

My review is done too. Here are the details.

Mailed P3 : 7-2-02

NVC recieved my case : 7-24-02

NVC completed review : 8-16-02

Operator said my file will be sent to Chennai in approx. 2 - 4 weeks. I would probably get a November interview.

Hi Murali

Looks like we are going for our interview in Nov.
I just called NVC today, and they have not yet mailed my information to chennai, I am assuming they will send it this friday.
Anyway, if they have sent your information on 8/20, you should be able to confirm receipt of information from chennai, just email them at ChennaiIV@state.gov, and give them your case number, they usually respond the next day.

Hey, let us start posting on the possible NOV interview thread started by rkreddy. (I will bump the thread to the top)

Rkreddy, is your review complete?
GetGCNow, any updates from chennai yet?

-Ravi

hi guys & Gals..
I just called NVC today and found that my case has
been sent to Chennai on Aug 20th and the operator said they sent by DHL courier and it should take around ten days and when i asked how to find the probable interview date they said u can call at this number 91-44-8273040 / 827
the numbers after the slash may be the extn number that what she thinks.. i remember some of guys are talking about sending an email to chennai consulate, is there any particular email address or just the general email contact address

RaviPK, GetGCNow and mothkuri may be yours also might be sent by now. Good Luck

Murali..

folks, you will not believe this...

:eek:

called NVC this morning, (actually just now...)

Finally, finally, NVC recd my papers TODAY.

Same old reply, allow 6-8 weeks for processing.

If you ask me, the biggest hurdle was NVC recv'ng the papers, and by god's grace NVC recd it today-morning.

Hopefully i will get an Interview by this year-end....

--later
LocalMadras

Re: Hi Murali

hi, ravi, murli,mothkuri,
I had emailed Chennai on Friday I did not get any update
till date (monday) I will let you know if I get any updates.
I will call Chennai Tonight and see if they answer.
Yea will start posting on possible November Interview Thread..
If anyone gets update on November interview let us know

thanks

Originally posted by RaviPK
I just called NVC today, and they have not yet mailed my information to chennai, I am assuming they will send it this friday.
Anyway, if they have sent your information on 8/20, you should be able to confirm receipt of information from chennai, just email them at ChennaiIV@state.gov, and give them your case number, they usually respond the next day.

Hey, let us start posting on the possible NOV interview thread started by rkreddy. (I will bump the thread to the top)

-Ravi

Re: Hi Murali

Hi Ravipk,

Yes finally the review is complete. I just called NVC today morning and they said the review is complete and they will mail the Packet to Consulate in 2-3 weeks.Likely to make NOV interview.

My details:

My case : EB3,CSC
I-140 approved : 02/20/2002
Mailed Packet3 : 06/22/2002
Reached NVC : 07/19/2002
Review completed : 08/26/2002
Packet reached Consulate : ?????
Interview date : ????/

Thanks
RKReddy

Originally posted by RaviPK

-Ravi

:eek:

Hi GetGCNow,

That is strange since, I mailed chennai on friday and I got a response from them this morning (technically last night for us).
Did you send them your case number provided by NVC?

I will wait for another week and mail them again.

-Ravi

Originally posted by GetGCNow
hi, ravi, murli,mothkuri,
I had emailed Chennai on Friday I did not get any update
till date (monday) I will let you know if I get any updates.
I will call Chennai Tonight and see if they answer.
Yea will start posting on possible November Interview Thread..
If anyone gets update on November interview let us know

thanks

thanks desigult...

Thanks desigult,

i hope everything goes smooth, from here on !!!

I finally figured out that all this mess is because of administrative procedures & introducing St.Louis (cashier) to encash the fees.

Anyway by gone is by gone , Now i see the light @ end of the tunnel...

good luck youall :)

Originally posted by desigult
Localmadras

congrats! I am happy for you.

desigult