“Writ of Mandamus” !!! Suing USCIS Successfully..........

Lazerthegreat said:
Thank you all for all your support and wishes. This has been a really great place for me. I have become a enormously anxious to receive the actual card now... :D

any thoughts whats the gap between sending a welcome notice and finally mailing the plastic GC?

I got gc before welcome notice...Its usually 3 weeks.

Great Job and Congrats Lazer.
We are happy for you they way you got your Welcome notice and GC thats something brother. You will see GC anyday in Mail Box.
Good luck to everyone.

Congratulations Lazer!

Congratulations Lazer once again.
I have to humble about this forum. I have been able to learn a very much the inmgration process and that I am not alone in this journey. Every experience posted have enriched me. Lazer, your victory showed me that once you are 'in the system' your fate depends on you, not in others people hands as it was when everyone applied for the asylum. For some time I was trying to find the reason I was being 'addicted' to reading this forum everyday, like a daily soup opera, now it is clear for me: I am learning and discovering how this system works.
Congratulation

ND 03/06
Bio3 05/06

CARTMAN said:
Congrats laszer,
But according to your ND date your case should have been adjusted long time ago, and what that lawsuit did is just attracted attention to your case which simply was lost somewhere in the pile of applications. If so, was there a REAL NEED for a lawsuit when instead you could just called directly to Service Center, getting through "customer service rep" to actual IO....Just a thought...

If you ever get stuck with the dumbass customer service rep, god help you. I know Lazer tried his best to get it done simply but couldn't...

It doesn't matter if your ND date is 2000 or 1995, if IO doesn't feel like adjusting it, he won't. He has no one to answer to..a lawsuit makes him answer to somoene.

Noman74 said:
Yeeeehaaaa. There you go my friend. I was wondering where have you disappeared. I didn't know you were preparing yourself to take on the big guns!!!. Good job brother. I am happy for you. This case should have been approved long time ago had their lazy asses moved according to the schedule. But this is a good news and I am glad things have worked out for you. Just give another week or so and your plastic will be in your mailbox. Sleep with it for few weeks like i did hehe and then it will be sitting with rest of your documents and you will never look at it again until the day you travel :) Thanks for sharing the information with rest of the group. You have been a very valuable asset to this board indeed. Keep in touch. AH

Thanks brother! Yes I think I would be sleeping with my GC for atleast few days or so. This would definitely make my wife jealous.... :D
thanks for kind remarks!

wantmygcnow said:
I got gc before welcome notice...Its usually 3 weeks.

well I sure wish I receive my GC before welcome notice. I care more about GC than notice. But you went after your notice even after receiving your GC, if I remember correctly... right... :p

Punjabi_Munda said:
Way to go Lazer, it was about time those bastards moved from their lazy asses. Corgratz on your well deserved approval. Where is the party? :)
"Ghee agar seedhi unglion se na niklay to unhein zara marorna hi parta hai" :D
For those who don't understand this languuage, it means that if you can't get what you deserve, you have to improvise a little.

Good luck to atique now....

well said brother. Thats exactly what I did. And believe me, feeling is great... :D

Lazerthegreat said:
well I sure wish I receive my GC before welcome notice. I care more about GC than notice. But you went after your notice even after receiving your GC, if I remember correctly... right... :p

Hey the main point is the clock is ticking now...Every day you wake up now, you are closer to getting rid of the nightmare of being an asylee.

wantmygcnow said:
Hey the main point is the clock is ticking now...Every day you wake up now, you are closer to getting rid of the nightmare of being an asylee.

hey hold it! I thought I am already out of that nightmare... GC is merely a documentary proof of your permanent residence. I became permanent resident on June 19, 2006.... ;)

Correct

You are absolutely right Lazer :) and now with every ticking second you are getting closer to following your dream of becoming a proud USC. :D ;)

Consider it as a store credit.

you go to Macy's and apply for their credit card. the cashier hand you a receipt "you are approved", you can immediately go for shopping and do not have to wait for the physical card. :rolleyes:

Lazerthegreat said:
hey hold it! I thought I am already out of that nightmare... GC is merely a documentary proof of your permanent residence. I became permanent resident on June 19, 2006.... ;)

Nightmare is not over. If you are lucky and have no family members out of country then you don't need to worry about dealing with USCIS. I sometimes roam the USC forum and I tell you, life is not so cheeky over there. Many have applied and still waiting for the notrious "name check" to be finished. One person even sued USCIS..

So its not over till the fat lady(Barbara Bush?) sings!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeap

Well said Windy, but I wouldn't advise to go for shopping in Canada though :D because coming back officer at POE would wanna see your card. I don't think they'll settle for a receipt ;) :) :cool:

Lazerthegreat said:
My online status this morning (06-20-2006) is as follows:

Current Status:
"On June 19, 2006, a welcome notice was mailed for this case. If 30
days have passed and you have not received this notice. Please call the
National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283 during business
hours."

<snip>

God Bless!!

Lazer:
Bravo! And of course, congratulations.

Floyd

wantmygcnow said:
Nightmare is not over. If you are lucky and have no family members out of country then you don't need to worry about dealing with USCIS. I sometimes roam the USC forum and I tell you, life is not so cheeky over there. Many have applied and still waiting for the notrious "name check" to be finished. One person even sued USCIS..

So its not over till the fat lady(Barbara Bush?) sings!!!!!!!!!!!!

Want,

I think the good thing in this country is that we have segregation of government. They'd better not go across the line too much, otherwise we have judicial review. I haven't seen any failures in filing mandamus action, well, except for terrorists, criminals.....

The sad thing is, whenever you go over the next stage of the process, you become "they" not "we", and you don't care anymore. Some immigration (when become a USC) seem to be so arrogant that I just don't quite understand. I think everyone is this forum should know this: do not forget where you were and treat the people nicely.

Punjabi_Munda said:
Well said Windy, but I wouldn't advise to go for shopping in Canada though :D because coming back officer at POE would wanna see your card. I don't think they'll settle for a receipt ;) :) :cool:

PM,

You are too much. Take good care of yourself. Best wishes.

Windy

Always ;) ;) There are only few people left on this forum that I like to pull their legs and joke around with and you my friend are one of those lucky ones. I hope you don't mind and BTW thanks for the best wishes. I wish you the same :)

No I do not intend to travel anywhere until I have my GC in hand. Why put yourself in a precarious position by taking un-necessary chances... :rolleyes:

Congrats

Well said Lazer. Congrats on your successful strategy!

Cheerio

Lazerthegreat said:
No I do not intend to travel anywhere until I have my GC in hand. Why put yourself in a precarious position by taking un-necessary chances... :rolleyes: