“Writ of Mandamus” !!! Suing USCIS Successfully..........

Hello! Does anyone know what can be a good reason for filing WOM while waiting for the asylum interview? Since uscis is fighting back WOM cases. Thank you!

I filed a WOM back in Nov. 2023, and got an interview 9 months later. On my interview day in August 2023, my attorney told me that they were not accepting any more WOMs because of backlog. I am not sure if this was only temporary, or not.
How long did you wait before filing a WOM?
And who doesn't accept WOM? Your attorney or Federal District Court? Did you get any decision from them?

I filed for asylum in 2016. I waited for almost 7 years before filing a WOM. My interview was in August 2023 and I got my decision in November 2023. I was granted asylum. I think my attorney meant that, at the time, the court temporarily did not accept WOMs because they were overwhelmed. Hopefully, this is not the case now.

I filed for asylum in 2016. I waited for almost 7 years before filing a WOM. My interview was in August 2023 and I got my decision in November 2023. I was granted asylum. I think my attorney meant that, at the time, the court temporarily did not accept WOMs because they were overwhelmed. Hopefully, this is not the case now.
Are accepting now?

Way too early!! We talking about almost 2 years and the USCIS will definitely fight you back in the court! Most of attorneys wont sue the asylum office until your case have been pending for at least 4-5 years! Lots of people are waiting since 2016-2017 yet so end of 2021 for USCIS is really not long at all
Okay whats reasonable time to file WOM?