“Writ of Mandamus” !!! Suing USCIS Successfully..........

Thank you so much for the quick response,
I'm in a similar situation, could you please share how long it took for you to schedule the interview after filing WOM(timeline)? Also, how was your interview experience.
Of course! I applied for mandamus in October 22, received the receipt notice a couple of weeks later (if I remember correctly), and finally received the interview notice in November 22. My interview was scheduled for 9 months later that is August 23. After the interview, I got my approval response within 3 months.

My interview went smoothly. For asylum it is a good idea to memorize all the info about your previous schools, education, jobs, addresses, etc. that you/ your attorney have already filled out in the application form. They read all the items to you one by one and ask you to confirm. They might not allow you to look at your notes so memorize the info., or your interview might take forever.

Also, it is a very good idea to ask your attorney, if you have one, to give you a copy of the initial asylum application form that they have submitted to USCIS so that you can go through it and make sure all the info. is right. If there are inaccuracies say your previous address number is wrong etc., don't panic. They can fix most errors during the interview.

On the day of the interview, make sure to take all your previous passports, ID/DL, work permit, and any relevant documents with you.

Good luck!

Of course! I applied for mandamus in October 22, received the receipt notice a couple of weeks later (if I remember correctly), and finally received the interview notice in November 22. My interview was scheduled for 9 months later that is August 23. After the interview, I got my approval response within 3 months.

My interview went smoothly. For asylum it is a good idea to memorize all the info about your previous schools, education, jobs, addresses, etc. that you/ your attorney have already filled out in the application form. They read all the items to you one by one and ask you to confirm. They might not allow you to look at your notes so memorize the info., or your interview might take forever.

Also, it is a very good idea to ask your attorney, if you have one, to give you a copy of the initial asylum application form that they have submitted to USCIS so that you can go through it and make sure all the info. is right. If there are inaccuracies say your previous address number is wrong etc., don't panic. They can fix most errors during the interview.

On the day of the interview, make sure to take all your previous passports, ID/DL, work permit, and any relevant documents with you.

Good luck!
Thank you so much for the information, I really appreciate it!
How long did the interview last?

Thank you so much for the information, I really appreciate it!
How long did the interview last?
You are welcome! I don't remember exactly, but I think mine took about 2:30 hours. They have to type each and every word you say. Also, the interview takes much longer for those who need interpreters. It also depends on your case and officer.

You are welcome! I don't remember exactly, but I think mine took about 2:30 hours. They have to type each and every word you say. Also, the interview takes much longer for those who need interpreters. It also depends on your case and officer.
Thank you so much!

Hello

- Could you please share your experience if you happened to file a WOM for delayed asylum decisions or know someone who has done it? and what was the outcome? Respectfully, for delayed decisions only.

- Also, are there any resources available out there to help preparing the lawsuit with reasonable fees?

- Is it possible that someone can prepare the lawsuit on his own?

Your replies highly appreciated

07/2018 - Filed for asylum (i-589)
08/2023 - Writ of Mandamus
09/2023 - Interview schedule notice
06/2024 - Interview
Decision is Pending

Hello

- Could you please share your experience if you happened to file a WOM for delayed asylum decisions or know someone who has done it? and what was the outcome? Respectfully, for delayed decisions only.

- Also, are there any resources available out there to help preparing the lawsuit with reasonable fees?

- Is it possible that someone can prepare the lawsuit on his own?

Your replies highly appreciated
It has been effective for me. Above is the timeline. A friend of mine filed mandamus after waiting for 3 years and they did not schedule him, saying it was too soon, others are waiting for longer. I don't know how a supreme court justice would rule on this but the law cited for mandamus is 8 US Code 1158.

(5) Consideration of asylum applications​

(A) Procedures​

The procedure established under paragraph (1) shall provide that:
(ii) in the absence of exceptional circumstances, the initial interview or hearing on the asylum application shall commence not later than 45 days after the date an application is filed;

(iii) in the absence of exceptional circumstances, final administrative adjudication of the asylum application, not including administrative appeal, shall be completed within 180 days after the date an application is filed;

07/2018 - Filed for asylum (i-589)
08/2023 - Writ of Mandamus
09/2023 - Interview schedule notice
06/2024 - Interview
Decision is Pending
Which asylum office is your case in? Is this the average timeline for any asylum office? I heard that LA and SF are experiencing scheduling delayed for WOM

Hello
Finally, my case status was changed to Interview scheduled, but I know the date yet, does anyone know how long does it takes get official interview notice in mail?

Hi friends,

How much time will take for pending decision?
My details as below.

Location - Chicago

Asylum application filled - June , 16, 2024,
Biometric done - July, 22, 2024,
Interview done - Sep, 5, 2024,

After interview officer told me after 2 weeks decision you will received by mail.

Now 22 days over.

Any one have similar situation?
Any one know approx time to get decision?