• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Hi,

When having a new baby, should I requesto to unlock DS260 to update the children info on my form and my spouse's or should I use the "Add applicant" option that is available or both?

Regards,

Thanks you So much for your concern and I’m very confused with CN is case number with three zeros after AS Low case number? And without leading zeros like 8000,14000 is those numbers are High case num?
There is a lot of information oon the britsimonsays website about this, including a history of current numbers by month for the past few years so you can get an idea of what may be considered high or low (obviously the past two DV years were messed up by Covid, bans etc )

Hi,

When having a new baby, should I requesto to unlock DS260 to update the children info on my form and my spouse's or should I use the "Add applicant" option that is available or both?

Regards,
Both. You need to unlock, you must update the information on you and your spouse’s forms.

Hi,

Regards,
You need to do both. Unlock you and your spouse’s DS260 to update the children info on those forms, in addition to using the Add Applicant option to create a separate DS260 for the baby.

Thank you. Apologies for silly question in advance, I was born in Ukraine and lived there until the age of 14, then I moved to England. Do I still need to request a police certificate from Ukraine? Thanks a lot.
Yes. The DV civil documents page is maybe not as clear as it should be on this but the general DoS page makes it more obvious

If you ...AND you...THEN submit a police certificate from...
Are 16 years old or older​
Lived in your country of nationality for more than 6 months at any time in your lifeYour country of nationality

28k. Ds 260 submitted on 17th may
Receiving a request for your documents means that your DS260 has been processed. Therefore it is time for the next step of the process, and that is sending your documents. Although your case number will probably become current well into the next year, you can proactively send your documents now. A lot of people had done it this way, and sending them earlier have brought positive impact on their cases.
Also you can check BritSimon’s website or his youtube page. He has covered all that information thoroughly and understandable in a way that everyone can easily learn about the whole process

How should the documents be translated? Please help, I'm very new to this. DoI need to get the translation certified?Do I go to a layer for this? Thanks
You don’t need a lawyer for document translation. You basically need to find someone who is fluent in both English and the language in which the document is originally written in. The person will need to certify their fluency in both English and the language the document is being translated from. See below for sample certification statement the translator is required to provide:

Sample Certification by Translator

I, [typed name], certify that I am fluent in English and [foreign language], and that the above/attached document is a complete and accurate translation of the document attached entitled [name of document].

Signature_________________________________
[Date] [Typed Name] [Address]

EDIT: Adding actual verbiage regarding document translation from the DOS website:

“Please note that all documents not written in English, or in the official language of the country from which you are applying, must be accompanied by certified translations. The translation must include a statement signed by the translator stating that:
  • The translation is accurate, and
  • The translator is competent to translate.

Hi,
Can you receive a documents request from kcc twice? I received my request on 18th September but have not sent through. I just received another email from kcc requesting for my documents
Wow. Applicants are not getting the request once and you got it twice. They really want you to come to America.

One possible explaination could be that you had your DS260 unlocked and resubmitted after 18th Sept so they processed your DS again and sent request again

Wow. Applicants are not getting the request once and you got it twice. They really want you to come to America.

One possible explaination could be that you had your DS260 unlocked and resubmitted after 18th Sept so they processed your DS again and sent request again
I've never requested for ds 260 unlocking

I thought kcc request for documents from the 15th to 30th of every month. Am I wrong? Don’t be worried guys your documents will be request. ⏳⏳⏳.

Hi everyone
I just received the email requesting the documents. I had sent a first time the documents on Sept. 20 without a request email and send them back on Sept. 27 because I had put an extra 0 in my CN in the subject line.

CN 4K
DS260 sent May 17th

Hi,
Can you receive a documents request from kcc twice? I received my request on 18th September but have not sent through. I just received another email from kcc requesting for my documents
did the request email have the same subject? maybe something was missing and that's why they are asking you once again.

Even I thought too getting twice how lucky

This is not clear actually are you saying that Once you sent documents without being asked and after that you received doc req Email??
Hi everyone
I just received the email requesting the documents. I had sent a first time the documents on Sept. 20 without a request email and send them back on Sept. 27 because I had put an extra 0 in my CN in the subject line.

CN 4K
DS260 sent May 17t

I thought kcc request for documents from the 15th to 30th of every month. Am I wrong? ⏳⏳⏳.
Considering someone in OC thread just reported doc request received that’s clearly not the case, are you maybe getting confused with when they send interview letters out?

I thought kcc request for documents from the 15th to 30th of every month. Am I wrong? Don’t be worried guys your documents will be request. ⏳⏳⏳.

That is incorrect. The confusion comes because some people (including one lawyer) refers to the documents request email as the 2NL. It is not that.

The documents request email is an email that asks you to send documents.
The 2NL is the 2nd Notification Letter that appears on the ESC page. It gives interview appointment details.

The 2NL is generally sent in the second half of each month, the docs request email can be sent anytime.

This is not clear actually are you saying that Once you sent documents without being asked and after that you received doc req Email??
Yes, I took Britsimon's advice first and sent the documents without being asked. I sent them twice without being asked because the first time I made a mistake with my case number and I was afraid it would be a problem.
But today I finally received the request for documents.

Hello everyone
Regarding police certificates, it is said that a certificate is required for those who are 16 years of age or older and have lived in their country of nationality at any time in their life.
It is important to understand country of nationality and not country of birth?
Because my husband was born abroad and came here as a refugee at the age of 13. So he left his country of birth at 13 years old and he obtained the French nationality, country where he has been living since he was 13.