• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Hello everyone, my case number has not been current yet, but I am in the process of gathering my documents. My question is what is the " AOS notification letter from KCC". I found it as one of the documents that I need to provide. I should mention that I did not submit DS-260.
Where was this listed? Knowing the context in which you found this makes it easier to provide an appropriate response.

Hi Mom,
To avoid an RFE, do you think it’s a good idea to include an enrollment verification letter and my attendance records from my current school in my AOS package to prove that I have maintained my F1 status as the fiscal year is running out?
Take a look at the AOS Process Spreadsheet. There’s a subsection titled “Evidence of maintaining valid status while in the US” in the “AOS Package” tab/sheet of the spreadsheet which you will find quite useful.

I found it in the AOS package spreadsheet. "Email from KCC (2nd NL - Confirmation Notice from KCC)"
So "AOS notification letter from KCC" = Email from KCC (2nd NL - Confirmation Notice from KCC)".

Isn't that self explanatory as it is?

Hello, Is there a way to print old/ expired I-94 document? I went through the link posted in the AOS check list but didnt get much success. I was always given a I-94 card as part of TN permit at the border and have returned it to Border agent when i was done with it. I have printed the current copy of I-94 with the travel history for the AOS package.
Appreciate the feedback/help.

Hello, Is there a way to print old/ expired I-94 document? I went through the link posted in the AOS check list but didnt get much success. I was always given a I-94 card as part of TN permit at the border and have returned it to Border agent when i was done with it. I have printed the current copy of I-94 with the travel history for the AOS package.
Appreciate the feedback/help.
You can’t print a copy of an old/expired I-94 if you do not have the original version on hand. And anyway, the AOS checklist does not say old/expired I-94s are required, the referenced link is meant for downloading current I-94s only.

thanks for the info, interesting, so if person won DV, and is waiting for Adjustment of Status for 3-6 years, he cannot file writ of mandamus to get a decision? he is not protected by US laws?

thanks for the info, interesting, so if person won DV, and is waiting for Adjustment of Status for 3-6 years, he cannot file writ of mandamus to get a decision? he is not protected by US laws?
DV cases are only eligible to be adjudicated within the FY of being selected as a DV selectee. Those cases are no longer eligible to be approved once the applicable FY is over according to US immigration laws, so filing a WOM on the basis of having waited a year or more is not applicable in this case.

Hi mom and everyone,

1. I got my medical exam’s sealed envelope today but it isn’t signed/initialed across by the doctor. It looks just like the attached. Just a tape with confidential stamps. Do i need to worry about it or is it fine?
2. SASE envelope for the DV fee receipt isn’t available on USPS tracking yet although it has been more than 2 weeks since I sent it. I checked with a few friends who also sent theirs recently and got the receipt in a week. In the spreadsheet I read about the possibility of it taking 4-10 weeks or longer (which is pretty long considering the fact that there is time limitation for dv) but just wanted to ask if should I be worried. And if yes, what would be the course of action you would suggest?

Thanks!

Attachments

• 7402FB93-9AA4-4D44-84CB-A574B5BE7ABE.jpeg
    7402FB93-9AA4-4D44-84CB-A574B5BE7ABE.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 16
Hi mom and everyone,

1. I got my medical exam’s sealed envelope today but it isn’t signed/initialed across by the doctor. It looks just like the attached. Just a tape with confidential stamps. Do i need to worry about it or is it fine?
2. SASE envelope for the DV fee receipt isn’t available on USPS tracking yet although it has been more than 2 weeks since I sent it. I checked with a few friends who also sent theirs recently and got the receipt in a week. In the spreadsheet I read about the possibility of it taking 4-10 weeks or longer (which is pretty long considering the fact that there is time limitation for dv) but just wanted to ask if should I be worried. And if yes, what would be the course of action you would suggest?

Thanks!
1. It may be okay. If you’re worried about it, you should have asked your CS’s office about signing across it.
2. Have you checked to confirm if your payment has been processed? That is your first step on what to do. Then take a look at the 2024 Timeline spreadsheet to get an idea of how long on average it has taken others (outside of your few friends that you already checked with) to get back the receipt from when the payment was processed.

I don’t quite recall anyone ever sending in the DV administrative fee payment and getting back the receipt within a week of doing so. Getting the receipt within a week of when the payment was processed is possible, but not getting the receipt within a week of when the payment was sent in.

Just called the CS office and the assistant still told me that it is not needed but to be on the safe side, I’ve booked an appointment at cvs today and will get a pfizer booster. It seems it is free at cvs :)
And did your CS ever confirm you indeed did not need the 2023/2024 COVID-19 booster shot?

My question is, I won the 2023 Green lottery and I am in America. I had an F1 visa until 2017, but when it was added to my wife's asylum file, I left school. I had filled out DS 260 and they wrote a letter asking me to convert it from KCC to Adjustment status. Since it is an Asylum Case, does it count as legal status?

My question is, I won the 2023 Green lottery and I am in America. I had an F1 visa until 2017, but when it was added to my wife's asylum file, I left school. I had filled out DS 260 and they wrote a letter asking me to convert it from KCC to Adjustment status. Since it is an Asylum Case, does it count as legal status?
You have no valid status from when you dropped out of school back in 2017.

1. It may be okay. If you’re worried about it, you should have asked your CS’s office about signing across it.
2. Have you checked to confirm if your payment has been processed? That is your first step on what to do. Then take a look at the 2024 Timeline spreadsheet to get an idea of how long on average it has taken others (outside of your few friends that you already checked with) to get back the receipt from when the payment was processed.

I don’t quite recall anyone ever sending in the DV administrative fee payment and getting back the receipt within a week of doing so. Getting the receipt within a week of when the payment was processed is possible, but not getting the receipt within a week of when the payment was sent in.
1. I guess I will just keep the envelope as is. Thank you for your opinion though.
2. it has been processed 1 week after I sent the check. Thank you for directing me to the timeline spreadsheet. It seems it has been about two weeks since my check is cashed which seem to be reasonable considering the "Payment Receipt Date-Payment Cashed Date(Days)". There are a few that arrived within a week though so I hope mine doesn't take too long.
And did your CS ever confirm you indeed did not need the 2023/2024 COVID-19 booster shot?
Honestly, it slipped my mind, sorry for that. I've only seen the doctor for a very short period of time when I get my physical exam and all the paperwork was done by his assistant and last time I talked to the assistant about it, he told me that they didn't get any kind of update regarding a requirement for such booster in medical exams. But, I had a booster anyway and I made sure it is added to the vaccine table so I think I'm safe for now.

Last edited:
1. Take a look at the Timeline spreadsheet to get an idea of approximately how long it took fellow AOSers to receive the NOA from when the acceptance text was received.
2. You’ll ideally follow up with your bank. However that’s probably irrelevant at this point if you already got the acceptance text message as that wouldn’t have been sent without the payment being processed.
Hi Mom,
I am the primary applicant .My wife , who is the dependent got the noa in the mailbox ,seven days back. I have still not received the noa in the mail, it’s been two weeks since I received the acceptance text message .Should I inquire with Emma or wait ?

Hi Mom,
I am the primary applicant .My wife , who is the dependent got the noa in the mailbox ,seven days back. I have still not received the noa in the mail, it’s been two weeks since I received the acceptance text message .Should I inquire with Emma or wait ?
I’ll recommend giving it a couple more days for the NOA to show up. To confirm, you received the acceptance text messages for both cases?

Hi Mom,
I am currently on F1 and graduating in May. I got selected and submitted by my I-485 to Lockbox in Elgin. However, on the envelope, is did not include Attn: "DV AOS", insteady, I included Attn: "AOS". I did not also include the form for e-notification. Up to now, I have not received any feed back from USCIS. Also in the I-485, on Part 8 for "Public Charge", i guess i answered it wrongly by saying no. I am currently in Iowa City. What is the implication on the delay. Is it possible to get some on your expert advise and services. I appreciate, thank you.

Hi Mom,
I am currently on F1 and graduating in May. I got selected and submitted by my I-485 to Lockbox in Elgin. However, on the envelope, is did not include Attn: "DV AOS", insteady, I included Attn: "AOS". I did not also include the form for e-notification. Up to now, I have not received any feed back from USCIS. Also in the I-485, on Part 8 for "Public Charge", i guess i answered it wrongly by saying no. I am currently in Iowa City. What is the implication on the delay. Is it possible to get some on your expert advise and services. I appreciate, thank you.
1. What was or was not included on the envelope makes no difference to the processing, the Lockbox folks will be able to figure out the basis of the filing based on the contents of the package and the I-485 itself.
2. If you did not include the G-1145 form with your package, then you will not be getting an acceptance text or email notification message. So you will just have to wait for the NOA to show up in the mailbox. I have no idea as to when you may receive the NOA since you've not provided any information as to when you actually filed for AOS.
3. As for the public charge question, you may receive a RFE from your IO later on to either demonstrate why you are not subject to public charge or to correct and resubmit that section of the form; or be given an opportunity to correct the information when you go in for your interview.

p.s. number your questions when you have more than one per post. Also, add your case updates to the Timeline Spreadsheet