• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2023 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Hi! First of all, thank you for this great forum.
I'm currently in the U.S. on an F1 visa, my CN is 2023EU301XX, I filled out my DS-260 in September and received the Adjustment Letter/2NL in January. As you know, it has already been three months that the number in Europe is stucked at 30.000 but I still have some hope and since I have moved twice in these months I was wondering if I need to unlock my DS-260 to update my information. If so, should I write down my current address and also my previous address? Do you recommend that I also create my USCIS online account?
Thanks again for your assistance!

I'm sorry to learn of your father's health situation. If you depart from the US while your AOS application is pending, you be "paroled" back into the US based on your pending application, not admitted as a tourist.

You need to add your data to the timeline spreadsheet in order for us to have a better insight into your processing.
Hi Mom!
I'm on the spreadsheet (line 29, user: milkypantz).
AF14000
I did biometrics on 27 Feb 2023. I did it in NYC because I moved to NYC after doing the original submission so I did an address change. I have to say, the NY field office I went into yesterday - every case worker/officer was really mean and seemed to enjoy making people wait or turning them away. Wish I stayed in Los Angeles now.

Anyhow, what I meant with 'essentially as a tourist' is the fact that I lose my ability to work as I don't have a work permit attached to the i485 case. I'm applying for EAD (form i765) now but I don't know what else I can do..?

Hi mom, I am planning on filling an inquiry form to my congressman's office. There is a standardized form in their website which asks for info on two sections: one asks about Petitioner/Applicant information and the other one about Beneficiary Information. Do you think I should enter my information twice in both sections, or enter mine in the Applicants one and my derivative's in the Beneficiary one. Thanks!

Mom, thank you so much. I really appreciate your help. As I am filling up the I-134 form now, I have a last question about this form. In the attached picture how much is my sponsor supposed to include in the "income contributed to beneficiary annually" column?

Also, along with this what other documents should my sponsor include? I don't see any asked documents to include in this form.
That is for your sponsor to determine, I can’t tell your sponsor to indicate any specific amount.
For the umpteenth time, take a look at the financial documents on the AOS process spreadsheet - the applicable supporting documents are already listed there!

Quick Update; Finally received the DV payment receipt today after close to 8 months (paid in Sept, 2022). This follows writing to the St Loius, MO address a letter via regular mail about two weeks ago requesting for the payment receipt and including the proof of payment (front and back of cached money orders) with self addressed return envelope. I had been unsuccessful with KCC via email since February. They kept on saying we have forwarded your information to the appropriate department for review.

Hi! First of all, thank you for this great forum.
I'm currently in the U.S. on an F1 visa, my CN is 2023EU301XX, I filled out my DS-260 in September and received the Adjustment Letter/2NL in January. As you know, it has already been three months that the number in Europe is stucked at 30.000 but I still have some hope and since I have moved twice in these months I was wondering if I need to unlock my DS-260 to update my information. If so, should I write down my current address and also my previous address? Do you recommend that I also create my USCIS online account?
Thanks again for your assistance!
1. You do not need to update the address on the DS260 form, it was correct as at the time it the form was submitted.
2. What is the point of creating a USCIS online account when you have no petition with USCIS?

Hi Mom!
I'm on the spreadsheet (line 29, user: milkypantz).
AF14000
I did biometrics on 27 Feb 2023. I did it in NYC because I moved to NYC after doing the original submission so I did an address change. I have to say, the NY field office I went into yesterday - every case worker/officer was really mean and seemed to enjoy making people wait or turning them away. Wish I stayed in Los Angeles now.

Anyhow, what I meant with 'essentially as a tourist' is the fact that I lose my ability to work as I don't have a work permit attached to the i485 case. I'm applying for EAD (form i765) now but I don't know what else I can do..?
This is precisely why the forum username should match what is listed on the Timeline Spreadsheet - I would have been able to do a review of your timeline/case yesterday when you originally asked about your case. I do not have the time to do a review now and provide any useful feedback as I’m currently using a smart device to respond at the moment. All these back and forth is really a waste of my time! Maybe some other time.

Hi mom, I am planning on filling an inquiry form to my congressman's office. There is a standardized form in their website which asks for info on two sections: one asks about Petitioner/Applicant information and the other one about Beneficiary Information. Do you think I should enter my information twice in both sections, or enter mine in the Applicants one and my derivative's in the Beneficiary one. Thanks!
It’s okay to enter your name in both sections - DV based AOS application actually has no petitioner, so if the form allows you to leave the section blank, you can also do that.

Quick Update; Finally received the DV payment receipt today after close to 8 months (paid in Sept, 2022). This follows writing to the St Loius, MO address a letter via regular mail about two weeks ago requesting for the payment receipt and including the proof of payment (front and back of cached money orders) with self addressed return envelope. I had been unsuccessful with KCC via email since February. They kept on saying we have forwarded your information to the appropriate department for review.
Great update. A smart way at resolving the issue by the way, I’m sure some other folks will also benefit from this approach at some time. Thanks for sharing this.

1. You do not need to update the address on the DS260 form, it was correct as at the time it the form was submitted.
2. What is the point of creating a USCIS online account when you have no petition with USCIS?
Thank you for your reply.
1. But if I'm lucky enough to become current at some point, I will have to update my address, right? Or is it enough just to communicate the new address during the interview?
2. So I will wait until I have to track the status of my case... fingers crossed!

1. But if I'm lucky enough to become current at some point, I will have to update my address, right? Or is it enough just to communicate the new address during the interview?
You are missing one step between submitting DS260 and the interview: Submitting I485. Have you done that? If no, that is when you will communicate your address.

You are missing one step between submitting DS260 and the interview: Submitting I485. Have you done that? If no, that is when you will communicate your address.
@Sm1smom OMG! I just checked and the DV immigrant category rank cut-offs which will apply in July in Europe is 32,000!!
I thought I would have to wait until I was current before submitting I-485... I hope this won't cause a delay!
I will fill out the form and pay the DV administrative fee right away (I haven't pay the fee until now because in the google doc you say don't rush into making the payment if you have a high CN).
1. Since time is running out and the removal of "60-day rule" is still in effect, do you recommend me to start also the medical exams?
2. To avoid further mistakes, should I wait until July 1st to send the AOS package or should I consider the Early Filing?
Thank you!

@Sm1smom OMG! I just checked and the DV immigrant category rank cut-offs which will apply in July in Europe is 32,000!!
I thought I would have to wait until I was current before submitting I-485... I hope this won't cause a delay!
I will fill out the form and pay the DV administrative fee right away (I haven't pay the fee until now because in the google doc you say don't rush into making the payment if you have a high CN).
1. Since time is running out and the removal of "60-day rule" is still in effect, do you recommend me to start also the medical exams?
2. To avoid further mistakes, should I wait until July 1st to send the AOS package or should I consider the Early Filing?
Thank you!
Yes the google doc says don’t rush into making the DV payment if your CN is high. Ithowever didn’t say wait until the last minute, considering it also says “IF YOU HAVE A RATHER HIGH CN, YOU MAY WANT TO WAIT UNTIL YOU'RE CERTAIN OF THE LIKELYHOOD OF YOUR CN BECOMING CURRENT BEFORE MAKING THE $330 DV ADMINISTRATIVE FEE PAYMENT OR DOING THE MEDICAL EXAM” right?

1. What 60-day rule removal are you talking about? Please go through the AOS Process Spreadsheet again.
2. Your call, I can’t help you make the decision on whether to take advantage of the early filing option or not.

Hey mom,
I have a cn of 57k from Morocco and it will be current in July. My lockbox delivery location is in Elgin and I don't see anybody from the same location who does the early filling. I also saw someone here in March who got his package returned because of the early filling.
1. If Elgin Lockbox rejected my package because of the early filling, are they going to return the fee or do I need to pay the fee again to reapply?

Yes the google doc says don’t rush into making the DV payment if your CN is high. Ithowever didn’t say wait until the last minute, considering it also says “IF YOU HAVE A RATHER HIGH CN, YOU MAY WANT TO WAIT UNTIL YOU'RE CERTAIN OF THE LIKELYHOOD OF YOUR CN BECOMING CURRENT BEFORE MAKING THE $330 DV ADMINISTRATIVE FEE PAYMENT OR DOING THE MEDICAL EXAM” right?

1. What 60-day rule removal are you talking about? Please go through the AOS Process Spreadsheet again.
2. Your call, I can’t help you make the decision on whether to take advantage of the early filing option or not.
1. I'm talking about this: "The requirement that the civil surgeon's signature on the Medical Report be dated no more than 60 days before an applicant files the application is no longer in effect", so from what I understand medical examinations are always valid and I can do it as soon as I make an appointment.
2. If I decide not to take advantage of the early filing option, is it from July 1st that I can send the AOS package?
Thanks!

Hey mom,
I have a cn of 57k from Morocco and it will be current in July. My lockbox delivery location is in Elgin and I don't see anybody from the same location who does the early filling. I also saw someone here in March who got his package returned because of the early filling.
1. If Elgin Lockbox rejected my package because of the early filling, are they going to return the fee or do I need to pay the fee again to reapply?
The fee gets returned with a rejected package. This is fully explained on the AOS FAQ section of the AOS Spreadsheet.

1. I'm talking about this: "The requirement that the civil surgeon's signature on the Medical Report be dated no more than 60 days before an applicant files the application is no longer in effect", so from what I understand medical examinations are always valid and I can do it as soon as I make an appointment.
2. If I decide not to take advantage of the early filing option, is it from July 1st that I can send the AOS package?
Thanks!
1. I thought that was clear enough, not sure why you’re still asking about it.
2. If your CN falls under the cutoff number for July, you can mail in your package at the end of June for it to arrive any day from July 1st.

The fee gets returned with a rejected package. This is fully explained on the AOS FAQ section of the AOS Spreadsheet.
In case my package is rejected it doesn't affect your application if I reapply after July? In other words, I'm not going to be affected in case I benefit from the early filling. The only thing thing that I'm going to lose is the delivery fee.

In case my package is rejected it doesn't affect your application if I reapply after July? In other words, I'm not going to be affected in case I benefit from the early filling. The only thing thing that I'm going to lose is the delivery fee.
Take a look at the FAQ section of the AOS Process Spreadsheet.

I would like to say thank you to the forum, and especially to Sm1smom!

Recently, we received green cards, and the smallest thing I can give back is the interview experience.

The IO was professional and nice. My spouse (main applicant) doesn't speak English fluently, and we decided to take an interpreter with us since we were not sure if I was allowed to be an interpreter during the interview for the spouse (in all the forms like I-485, we mentioned that I'm an interpreter). You can take your friend or hire someone, but this person should be a legal resident of the US. The IO asked if we had the G-1256 form (this form is used when you use interpreter services). We had this form with us, and we provided it to the IO, and the form was signed and verified by the IO. After the oath, the interview was pretty standard – only questions from the I-485. The longest part was to verify original documents (school, university diplomas, marriage certificates, and so on). We had a denial of a visa once (article 214b), and I recommend that you not hide this information if you have had some issues in the past because the IO has access to your files. The IO asked if we had an apartment rental contract with us, but we didn't have it, and they said it was fine.

In the end, the IO asked if we had any questions, and I asked about the decision. The officer said that they didn't have any obvious reasons to deny the case, but we should wait some time (I don't remember the number of days) till the final decision because they needed to verify some information. The same day, in the evening, our status changed to GC was ordered.

Last edited: