• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2023 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Hi Sm1smom,

Completed my fingerprints on the 4/5. I have also submitted I-765 & I-131 along with my case. Will that increase the processing time to receive an interview letter? Additionally at what point will you suggest reaching out to "Emma" for case update?

Thanks!
1. No. Forms I-765 and I-131are not processed by the FO.
2. No harm in asking Emma now.

Hello!!
Yesterday was my biometrics appointment and today i went to uscis website and it says that my case ready for an interview and they will send me a letter soon. I’m honestly didn’t expect it, literally it was 1 day after biometrics!! i hope everything will goes well.

Hello!!
Yesterday was my biometrics appointment and today i went to uscis website and it says that my case ready for an interview and they will send me a letter soon. I’m honestly didn’t expect it, literally it was 1 day after biometrics!! i hope everything will goes well.
Can you add your data to the 2023 timeline spreadsheet? Other members could benefit from your updates there.

For the I-485 fee, I am getting a money order of amount $1225 (only applicant in my 30s) and will put "U.S. Department of Homeland Security" for the "Pay to the Order of" field. Is any other information needed to put on it?

For the I-485 fee, I am getting a money order of amount $1225 (only applicant in my 30s) and will put "U.S. Department of Homeland Security" for the "Pay to the Order of" field. Is any other information needed to put on it?
That is correct. You can add I-485 application and Bio fee to the Memo line or your CN.

I have multiple I-20's: one for the start of my graduate degree program, one for changing the graduation date, one for OPT, one for STEM-OPT, another one for STEM-OPT after switching employer. The last one has all the information from the previous ones. Is the last one enough, and I shouldn't include the older ones so not confusing them by including the older ones? or is it better to include all of them?

Edit: I just noticed the last one does not include the OPT information. So I think it would be better to include the older ones.

Last edited:
I have multiple I-20's: one for the start of my graduate degree program, one for changing the graduation date, one for OPT, one for STEM-OPT, another one for STEM-OPT after switching employer. The last one has all the information from the previous ones. Is the last one enough, and I shouldn't include the older ones so not confusing them by including the older ones? or is it better to include all of them?

Edit: I just noticed the last one does not include the OPT information. So I think it would be better to include the older ones.
The I-20 is one of the ways for demonstrating continuous maintenance of a valid status throughout the duration of your stay in the US. The last one alone does not demonstrate that IMO.

The I-20 is one of the ways for demonstrating continuous maintenance of a valid status throughout the duration of your stay in the US. The last one alone does not demonstrate that IMO.
That makes sense, Sm1smom! I will include all of them. Thanks

Hi Mom!
Thanks again for doing all this. I’m in a tough situation and I’m hoping you could give me some advice. Here’s a summary:
  1. I’m in the US now - I entered on b2 and then adjusted my status to 01-A a year ago.
  2. I then happened to win the green card F2023 lottery and then proceeded to submit an i-485 to adjust the status to the green card/permanent residence.
  3. I’ve done biometrics and everything and I’m just waiting for an interview notice. But it’s been 4 months.
  4. Unfortunately, in the last 2 weeks, my father (in Africa) has fallen gravely ill with weeks or days left and I really want to see him to say my goodbyes.
  5. So I applied for an emergency advance parole document and I got that today, but now it seems like if I were to leave, the work authorization I had under my original AOS (the o1-a) falls away and I will essentially come back as a tourist.

Do you have any guidance to allow me back or to speed up the process? It’s so absurd to think that I have to choose between seeing my father one last time or my life in the US.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks again!
<3

Hi Mom!
Thanks again for doing all this. I’m in a tough situation and I’m hoping you could give me some advice. Here’s a summary:
  1. I’m in the US now - I entered on b2 and then adjusted my status to 01-A a year ago.
  2. I then happened to win the green card F2023 lottery and then proceeded to submit an i-485 to adjust the status to the green card/permanent residence.
  3. I’ve done biometrics and everything and I’m just waiting for an interview notice. But it’s been 4 months.
  4. Unfortunately, in the last 2 weeks, my father (in Africa) has fallen gravely ill with weeks or days left and I really want to see him to say my goodbyes.
  5. So I applied for an emergency advance parole document and I got that today, but now it seems like if I were to leave, the work authorization I had under my original AOS (the o1-a) falls away and I will essentially come back as a tourist.

Do you have any guidance to allow me back or to speed up the process? It’s so absurd to think that I have to choose between seeing my father one last time or my life in the US.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks again!
<3
I'm sorry to learn of your father's health situation. If you depart from the US while your AOS application is pending, you be "paroled" back into the US based on your pending application, not admitted as a tourist.

You need to add your data to the timeline spreadsheet in order for us to have a better insight into your processing.

Hi mom, since I've moved to the US (on F1), I have renewed my passport twice, so I have 3 passports. The first one has my US visa. The second one has never been used. The third one is my current passport. Do you think, in addition to the first and third one, I should include a copy of the second one?

Hi mom, since I've moved to the US (on F1), I have renewed my passport twice, so I have 3 passports. The first one has my US visa. The second one has never been used. The third one is my current passport. Do you think, in addition to the first and third one, I should include a copy of the second one?
What’s the point of that?

The recommended financial documents are all listed on the AOS Process Spreadsheet. If you do not have those documents to demonstrate your financial self-sufficiency, then look into getting a sponsor. Your sponsor could be anyone as long as they’re either a USC or LPR.
Hello mom, thank you so much for your input. I choose to file form I-134 with my AOS package. So do I need to include the original filled form I-134 with the sponsor's signature or should I include the copy so that I will have the original with me during an interview?

Also, I realized that there are two affidavits of support forms, form I-134 and I-864. Which form am I supposed to go with for adjustment of status?

Hello mom, thank you so much for your input. I choose to file form I-134 with my AOS package. So do I need to include the original filled form I-134 with the sponsor's signature or should I include the copy so that I will have the original with me during an interview?

Also, I realized that there are two affidavits of support forms, form I-134 and I-864. Which form am I supposed to go with for adjustment of status?
1. It really doesn’t matter as long as the form is properly filled and signed, and whichever copy you include is legible.
2. I recently referred you to the financial documents on the AOS Process Spreadsheet, which of those affidavits is listed there?

List of financial documents can be found on the AOS Process Spreadsheet - you have the option of front loading your package with as much applicable evidence as you have, or put nothing or the barest minimum and wait to see if you’ll get a RFE or not.
Sorry I should have given more information. He has only had this job for a few weeks, maybe just over a month. That's why I wasn't sure if any documents would be necessary. I am worried that the officer might get confused and think he is violating status when on campus work is permitted. Just wanted to make sure there was no confusion from the get go just incase.

1. It really doesn’t matter as long as the form is properly filled and signed, and whichever copy you include is legible.
2. I recently referred you to the financial documents on the AOS Process Spreadsheet, which of those affidavits is listed there?
Hi mom, thank you so much. I will include a copy of form I-134 with my AOS application and keep the original with me for an interview. I got access to form I-134 through USCIS site but the form located here have expired date of July 31, 2023, but I am filing for August. Should I wait until they have a new form with a new edition date or is it ok if I file using this form which expires on July 31, 2023? Please let me know.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-05-13 105418.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-05-13 105418.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 7
What does my sponsor need to add to the dates in this period of stay in the united states if they are sponsoring me for dv adjustment of status?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-05-13 110641.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-05-13 110641.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 4
Hi mom, thank you so much. I will include a copy of form I-134 with my AOS application and keep the original with me for an interview. I got access to form I-134 through USCIS site but the form located here have expired date of July 31, 2023, but I am filing for August. Should I wait until they have a new form with a new edition date or is it ok if I file using this form which expires on July 31, 2023? Please let me know.
The expiry date on the form does not matter. It is the edition date that is used in determining if the form is still valid or note. The current edition date in use is 01/04/23.

What does my sponsor need to add to the dates in this period of stay in the united states if they are sponsoring me for dv adjustment of status?
From: First day of the month in which your CN becomes current.
To: No end date.

Mom, thank you so much. I really appreciate your help. As I am filling up the I-134 form now, I have a last question about this form. In the attached picture how much is my sponsor supposed to include in the "income contributed to beneficiary annually" column?

Also, along with this what other documents should my sponsor include? I don't see any asked documents to include in this form.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-05-13 114220.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-05-13 114220.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 6