• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2023 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Yes, I hired a lawyer for my case , I didn’t ask him bc he said he sent it to USCIS , but always i have fears so that’s why I want to make sure everything goes well.
Thank you !
You’re paying him (even though I told you earlier on I couldn’t see the need to hire a lawyer for this process) so you should be following up with him.

@Sm1smom
Hi

I am delighted to inform you that I received my green card today! Thank you so much for your invaluable help and support throughout this process. The interview went exceptionally well, and the immigration officer was incredibly kind and helpful.

I do have one question, though. I noticed that my green card does not display my fingerprints, whereas my children's cards do. Is this something to be concerned about? I would greatly appreciate your advice on this matter.

In conclusion, I want to express my gratitude for your unwavering support and encouragement throughout this entire journey. Your guidance have been instrumental in helping me achieve this significant milestone.
Congratulations and thanks for the update. Can you add your data to the Timeline spreadsheet? Other folks can benefit from you, same way you've benefitted from this forum.

I don't think there's anything to worry about. Some cards show up without the thumbprint, I have no idea as to why they do not.

Congratulations and thanks for the update. Can you add your data to the Timeline spreadsheet? Other folks can benefit from you, same way you've benefitted from this forum.

I don't think there's anything to worry about. Some cards show up without the thumbprint, I have no idea as to why they do not.
Already updated, thanks again

Hello, I am an f1 student and proceeding with the adjustment of status for the DV visa. I am a little confused about the financial document I need to include in the AOS package. Do I also need a sponsor? How should I check if I need a sponsor or not? If I need how should I choose a sponsor? Can I choose anyone as a sponsor?

Hi everyone. Regarding the Address History in form i485, I ran out of space. It says to use Part 14 for additional information. My question is what to fill in Item Number bc when you look at the Address History, there is no clear item number for addresses (i.e., the most recent address starts from 5.a to 6.b, also physical address 2 starts from 7a to 8b). Also, should I write the whole information for each address, including the address and dates of residence in the "d" section of the additional information?

Thanks in advance

Hello, I am an f1 student and proceeding with the adjustment of status for the DV visa. I am a little confused about the financial document I need to include in the AOS package. Do I also need a sponsor? How should I check if I need a sponsor or not? If I need how should I choose a sponsor? Can I choose anyone as a sponsor?
The recommended financial documents are all listed on the AOS Process Spreadsheet. If you do not have those documents to demonstrate your financial self-sufficiency, then look into getting a sponsor. Your sponsor could be anyone as long as they’re either a USC or LPR.

Hi everyone. Regarding the Address History in form i485, I ran out of space. It says to use Part 14 for additional information. My question is what to fill in Item Number bc when you look at the Address History, there is no clear item number for addresses (i.e., the most recent address starts from 5.a to 6.b, also physical address 2 starts from 7a to 8b). Also, should I write the whole information for each address, including the address and dates of residence in the "d" section of the additional information?

Thanks in advance
You can ignore the “Item number”. Just indicate the “Part number” and write out the full address as you normally would including date of residence.

So I got letter stating that my lawful stay expired march 4th . And the Europe number higher than my number in march . Basically they consider me out of status . But my I-194 clearly states March 4,2023 . Anyways it’s says I can’t even appeal .

Hie guys!
So today l 'accidentally' found out that my interview was waived and my green card is being produced! l was just asking Emma whether USCIS received my response to the RFE and she told me that my card was being produced, l then logged in and double checked on my USCIS account and wallaaa! my case was changed to card being produced! lam over the moon with joy! l just want to tell everyone who is still going through the process to never give up! My case was so chaotic (AOS package was returned 1st time, missed 1st biometric appointment etc) and complicated (had a positive test on tb blood tests had to do x-rays)l thought l was never going to get approved but here lam! So don't give up guys ITS NOT OVER UNTIL IT'S OVER. p.s if you're in St Louis l think they are waiving all interviews, so goodluck!
Thank you to Sm1smom and everyone who patiently answered all my dumb questions through this whole process.
l will keep updating my spreadsheet until l receive my G card

So I got letter stating that my lawful stay expired march 4th . And the Europe number higher than my number in march . Basically they consider me out of status . But my I-194 clearly states March 4,2023 . Anyways it’s says I can’t even appeal .
1. What is your CN?
2. Can you share the actual Notice you received? (Be sure to remove your personal information before uploading the notice)

Hie guys!
So today l 'accidentally' found out that my interview was waived and my green card is being produced! l was just asking Emma whether USCIS received my response to the RFE and she told me that my card was being produced, l then logged in and double checked on my USCIS account and wallaaa! my case was changed to card being produced! lam over the moon with joy! l just want to tell everyone who is still going through the process to never give up! My case was so chaotic (AOS package was returned 1st time, missed 1st biometric appointment etc) and complicated (had a positive test on tb blood tests had to do x-rays)l thought l was never going to get approved but here lam! So don't give up guys ITS NOT OVER UNTIL IT'S OVER. p.s if you're in St Louis l think they are waiving all interviews, so goodluck!
Thank you to Sm1smom and everyone who patiently answered all my dumb questions through this whole process.
l will keep updating my spreadsheet until l receive my G card
Congratulations. Why was your AOS package initially rejected and what was your RFE for?

Hi Sm1smom,

Completed my fingerprints on the 4/5. I have also submitted I-765 & I-131 along with my case. Will that increase the processing time to receive an interview letter? Additionally at what point will you suggest reaching out to "Emma" for case update?

Thanks!
Hey @Sm1smom,

Wanted to follow up with the question I sent yesterday,

Thanks!