Processing time for green card based on asylum

Could you please explain why do we have to wait till they send the RFE for the medical? We can send it with our i-485 application right.
You misunderstood me! I meant if you don’t send it from the start with the i-485 then wait for RFE then send the medicals but you can get the medical exams done and send with the i-485 from the start but some people prefer to wait until they get rfe cause sometimes it takes more than 2 years to adjust your i485 and the medicals are only valid for 2 years from the date the doctor signs it!!!

Could you please explain why do we have to wait till they send the RFE for the medical? We can send it with our i-485 application right.
And actually a lot of the people who applied before last July will get RFE anyway cause the USCIS added new vaccination requirements like hepatitis B and a lot of folks didn’t take it as it wasn’t required before until last month USCIS added it as one of the requirements !

And actually a lot of the people who applied before last July will get RFE anyway cause the USCIS added new vaccination requirements like hepatitis B and a lot of folks didn’t take it as it wasn’t required before until last month USCIS added it as one of the requirements !
Do we really need to take all these vaccines ?

Yes ma’am

Under the immigration laws of the United States, a foreign national who applies for an immigrant visa abroad, or who seeks to adjust status to a permanent resident while in the United States, is required to receive vaccinations to prevent the following diseases:

• Mumps
  • Measles
  • Rubella
  • Polio
  • Tetanus and Diphtheria Toxoids
  • Pertussis
  • Haemophilus influenzae type B
  • Hepatitis B
  • COVID-19

Yes ma’am
That is not correct.

You can object to receiving any or all vaccines if you have medical conditions, religious, and/or moral beliefs. You just have to be sincere about it and attach a waiver form. It is somewhat hard to prove since the reasoning may be very subjective but there’s an option.

Read the FAQ from the link that Misomasr attached to his reply. There’s a question about that.

Q. What will happen if I refuse to receive one or all of the required vaccines?
A. Tell the civil surgeon if you do not wish to receive the required vaccines or a particular vaccine. You should also tell the civil surgeon the reason you do not wish to receive the vaccine(s). In this case, a waiver may be available to you, but only under the following circumstances:

• You are opposed to vaccinations in any form– that is, you cannot obtain a waiver based on an objection only as to one vaccination
  • Your objection must be based on religious beliefs or moral convictions; and
  • The religious or moral beliefs must be sincere.
The form used to apply for a waiver depends on the adjustment category under which you are seeking legal permanent residence status. For example, refugees and asylees seeking adjustment of status should file Form I-602, Application by Refugee for Waiver of Grounds of Excludability. Individuals seeking adjustment of status as a result of an approved Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, or Form I-140, Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker, would file Form I-601, Application for Waiver of Grounds of Inadmissibility.

That is not correct.

You can object to receiving any or all vaccines if you have medical conditions, religious, and/or moral beliefs. You just have to be sincere about it and attach a waiver form. It is somewhat hard to prove since the reasoning may be very subjective but there’s an option.

Read the FAQ from the link that Misomasr attached to his reply. There’s a question about that.

A. Tell the civil surgeon if you do not wish to receive the required vaccines or a particular vaccine. You should also tell the civil surgeon the reason you do not wish to receive the vaccine(s). In this case, a waiver may be available to you, but only under the following circumstances:

• You are opposed to vaccinations in any form– that is, you cannot obtain a waiver based on an objection only as to one vaccination
The form used to apply for a waiver depends on the adjustment category under which you are seeking legal permanent residence status. For example, refugees and asylees seeking adjustment of status should file Form I-602, Application by Refugee for Waiver of Grounds of Excludability. Individuals seeking adjustment of status as a result of an approved Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, or Form I-140, Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker, would file Form I-601, Application for Waiver of Grounds of Inadmissibility.
What you talking about man!???? To get waiver for vaccines it’s big headache and you need the doctor to send a letter to the USCIS first then they refer it back to the health department of the county you live in to sign it then send it back to the doctor!! It’s big big headache and it takes forever so what do you mean it’s not correct!!! GO EDUCATE YOURSELF before you talk about stuff you have no idea about it

That is not correct.

Yeah there are waivers but it takes 2-4 months to get it and you only get a waiver if you have serious illnesses only so it’s very hardddd as I already asked about it before so 99.9% of the people take the vaccines and let it go! Don’t tell me it’s not true like I’m lying to her! The religious one is also so hard more than you can imagine.

What you talking about man!???? To get waiver for vaccines it’s big headache and you need the doctor to send a letter to the USCIS first then they refer it back to the health department of the county you live in to sign it then send it back to the doctor!! It’s big big headache and it takes forever so what do you mean it’s not correct!!! GO EDUCATE YOURSELF before you talk about stuff you have no idea about it
First of all, don’t assume that everyone on this forum is a man.

Second of all, tone it down. Anger doesn’t do any good to anybody. Especially towards strangers on the internet.

Third of all, you are spreading misinformation about USCIS requirements. From your own words, it’s possible to waive it. Even if it’s a major headache, it means that one can still do it. I literally copied the text from the link you had sent a comment before mine.

I didn’t say that you lied, I said that your comment wasn’t correct and you could waive the vaccination requirements.

Last edited:
Technically, yes. However, it depends on the case. If in your asylum file you indicated, in any way, that your derivative asylee can be in danger if they ever went back to the COP, then the answer is no. On the other hand, if the case is only about you, then there is no problem at all and the derivative can travel to the COP without any issues. My wife is a derivative asylee on my case, and she can visit my COP, especially knowing that the COP is not her country of citizenship... even if it was, I did not include her in my story in any form, so she can still travel to the COP. These "grey area" issues are usually handled on a case-by-case basis.
Thanks! This definitely helps.

Has anyone looked at difference between addresses USPS vs FedEx/UPS/DHL?
Wondering if one has more priority over another one
What way of delivery did you pick and why?

Hello everyone on this forum @Misjust sent me a private message threatening me and abusing me. I'm reporting him/ to the authorities. I have already gathered enough evidence against him here and I'm handing it to the Police. The admin of this group deleted my comment and after many reports the administrator is not doing anything which I think this group is promoting such behavior. I will show this message to the police and the threat as well. I will also inform my family. I have gathered all his chat history traveling Information and other information to help me with this case.

He/She has to apologize to everyone here.

@Mishomasr, you need to tone it down. This forum does not tolerate sending crappy PMs to fellow forum members. You’ve been warned before. Any more reports about you sending obscene or abusive PMs or posts to other members will result in administrative actions being taken against your account.

@Mishomasr, you need to tone it down. This forum does not tolerate sending crappy PMs to fellow forum members. You’ve been warned before. Any more reports about you sending obscene or abusive PMs or posts to other members will result in administrative actions being taken against your account.

@Sm1smom attached is a screen shot from @Mishomasr . He/she is still harassing me. That's more PMs from him/she.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221026_014855.jpg
    Screenshot_20221026_014855.jpg
    396.3 KB · Views: 52
First of all, don’t assume that everyone on this forum is a man.

Second of all, tone it down. Anger doesn’t do any good to anybody. Especially towards strangers on the internet.

Third of all, you are spreading misinformation about USCIS requirements. From your own words, it’s possible to waive it. Even if it’s a major headache, it means that one can still do it. I literally copied the text from the link you had sent a comment before mine.

I didn’t say that you lied, I said that your comment wasn’t correct and you could waive the vaccination requirements.
Thank you so much for the information. I did not get my covid vaccinations yet because I don't like to and also I did not had any travel plans. What are procedures to waive it ?

I had the other vaccines ( Mumps, measles, rubella, polio , Tetanus, pertussis ) from my COP when I was a kid and I don't have any records of it. How can I prove it?

Thank you so much for the information. I did not get my covid vaccinations yet because I don't like to and also I did not had any travel plans. What are procedures to waive it ?

I had the other vaccines ( Mumps, measles, rubella, polio , Tetanus, pertussis ) from my COP when I was a kid and I don't have any records of it. How can I prove it?
For COVID vaccination waiver, I would talk to the surgeon that you are getting your medical examinations from. I don’t believe that by just not wanting it you can waive the requirement of getting the vaccine. You’ll have to explain exactly why you believe that the vaccine isn’t suitable for you (religious or any other reason). I haven’t done it myself, so I can’t recommend anything. But I’d assume that they might ask you additional questions based on that. The surgeon is the best person to ask about the waiver forms.

For the vaccines that you’ve received before, you’ll either have to have documentation confirming that you have indeed received those. Or you could go to the primary doctor or any lab and ask them to get anti-body test (gonna cost additional $). I don’t know if it’s available for all vaccines or only some of them. If you can’t prove that you’ve had them, you’ll have to receive them again.

I couldn’t provide any documentation for the vaccines I’ve gotten as a child, so I had to receive all of them again.

Hope it helps and good luck.

For COVID vaccination waiver, I would talk to the surgeon that you are getting your medical examinations from. I don’t believe that by just not wanting it you can waive the requirement of getting the vaccine. You’ll have to explain exactly why you believe that the vaccine isn’t suitable for you (religious or any other reason). I haven’t done it myself, so I can’t recommend anything. But I’d assume that they might ask you additional questions based on that. The surgeon is the best person to ask about the waiver forms.

For the vaccines that you’ve received before, you’ll either have to have documentation confirming that you have indeed received those. Or you could go to the primary doctor or any lab and ask them to get anti-body test (gonna cost additional $). I don’t know if it’s available for all vaccines or only some of them. If you can’t prove that you’ve had them, you’ll have to receive them again.

I couldn’t provide any documentation for the vaccines I’ve gotten as a child, so I had to receive all of them again.

Hope it helps and good luck.
Thank you so much for your explanations and I truly appreciate it. Good luck to you too.

Hi there,

Have you got any updates?

The same thing happened to me today and they denied my RTD application after I received my green card.

That is so absurd!!!!!
Hi - Did you figure this out? I called them several times, it seems like calling 800# agents are not helpful. I think they operate on a very simplistic and checklist-based understanding.

Dear Administrator, I was harassed by his crappy PM. Thanks for your actions.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 47