• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Hi friends. I attended my interview three weeks ago at the Newark, NJ file office. In the end, the officer told me she has to check with the Department of State to see whether there is still any visa left, but I will receive a letter within three weeks. I haven't received any letter in the mail from the USCIS yet (three weeks already passed), and also the online status still shows "Fingerprints were taken". Do you have any advice for me other than waiting? Thanks for your help.
@Dr.Mikeleecooper

Hi, my wife and I attended our interview on 5/19 at the Newark, NJ field office and still haven't received any updates yet as well. We have the same status as you, showing that "Fingerprints were taken." Based on the comment you wrote above, I guess we had the same immigration officer who interviewed us. I've already submitted a senator inquiry since the congressman's office called me to do that. Now I'm waiting for the Senator's office's response and a call from the Tier 2 agent. Right now, I think the best thing you can do is submit an immigration inquiry through Senator Cory Booker's office. You can use the following link to see the steps, and don't forget to fill out and manually sign the Privacy Act Consent Form. https://www.booker.senate.gov/services/help-with-a-federal-agency

I also call Cory booker's office once or twice a week to follow up on my email since they are busy dealing with other matters. But if you call them, they will get attention and red flag your email. (973) 639-8700, (856) 338-8922

Hello, I am a DV 2022 Selectee 2022SA13X9. I just received a call from a tier agent 2 that tell me that he has to deny the application for early filling due I sent my i485 the 05/02/2022. USCIS accept my case the 05/20/22 and I did the fingerprints on 06/28/2022. Also, I received the employment and travel authorization. I explain to him that I was allowed to send it because I will be current in June, also that USCIS accepts the package. Finally, I told him about the early memorandum if that can help me. He told me he is going to call me in a few hours. There's is anything I can say to him? I think I did the correct thing.
Thanks for the help

Hello, I am a DV 2022 Selectee 2022SA13X9. I just received a call from a tier agent 2 that tell me that he has to deny the application for early filling due I sent my i485 the 05/02/2022. USCIS accept my case the 05/20/22 and I did the fingerprints on 06/28/2022. Also, I received the employment and travel authorization. I explain to him that I was allowed to send it because I will be current in June, also that USCIS accepts the package. Finally, I told him about the early memorandum if that can help me. He told me he is going to call me in a few hours. There's is anything I can say to him? I think I did the correct thing.
Thanks for the help
I'll have the memorandum and visa availability pages (and links) near me when he/she calls. Also, seems it was IO not a tier 2 agent.

@hl2915
Hi. Thanks for letting me know. I reached out to Senator Booker's office and submitted an inquiry today to their email address. The Newark FO seems to be very slow because for the other two cases on the DV Tracker spreadsheet, one took 50 days and the other one 110 days after the interview to get their card produced. I feel for my case, the officer did not even spend enough time reviewing the application, because she asked whether I have sent the DV fee and the medical exam documents whereas everything was right in front of her, and I had even front loaded my application.

An update on my case, USCIS emailed me back with the following response:

"The status of this service request is:

Thank you for contacting USCIS concerning the above-referenced application. Below is a summary of what we have found and how the issue has been resolved or additional actions required.

USCIS has reviewed and approved your request for expedited processing. At this time, no further action is required from you.USCIS is committed to adjudicating immigration applications in a timely manner, efficiently and in the order received. We hope this information is helpful. If we may be of further assistance, please let us know."

I do not know whether this is a template answer or not, so I am not sure whether to be happy or not.
Anybody with a similar experience??

@hl2915
Hi. Thanks for letting me know. I reached out to Senator Booker's office and submitted an inquiry today to their email address. The Newark FO seems to be very slow because for the other two cases on the DV Tracker spreadsheet, one took 50 days and the other one 110 days after the interview to get their card produced. I feel for my case, the officer did not even spend enough time reviewing the application, because she asked whether I have sent the DV fee and the medical exam documents whereas everything was right in front of her, and I had even front loaded my application.
@Dr.Mikeleecooper

Alright, then I think we definitely have the same immigration officer. She basically asked the same questions to me as you listed above and also to check if there was any visa availability back in May...Never mind, I think right now we should just try our best to push the Senator's office or maybe Tier 2 agent to follow up our case with the Newark, NJ office.

Good morning Mom, today my status directly changed to "Card Was mailed to me ".
Thank you for your support and thoughtfull guidance.
Its been a great journey (little ups and down) throughout the year.
I wish everyone good luck on your cases!!
Congratulations. Any update on your friend’s case - the one who filed and got interviewed prior to being current?

I'm not 100% sure, but I think FTJ cases are assigned a visa in the same way that CP cases are. I based that assumption on a couple of super last minute FTJ cases we have seen in the forum in previous years. However, to play it safe, contact Tokyo and see if you can get an earlier appointment, since visas could end up being in short supply.
Thanks for the feedback @Britsimon , We did contact the embassy and the appointment was moved to the 6th of September. Fingers crossed!

@Dr.Mikeleecooper

Alright, then I think we definitely have the same immigration officer. She basically asked the same questions to me as you listed above and also to check if there was any visa availability back in May...Never mind, I think right now we should just try our best to push the Senator's office or maybe Tier 2 agent to follow up our case with the Newark, NJ office.
Hello folks, @hl2915 and @Dr.Mikeleecooper, I'm in the same boat. Got my interview on the same day as Mike here and yes, it seems like all 3 of us had the same officer - all the same questions, etc. (or they just follow the exact same instructions). I also emailed the Senator, hopefully if they get several requests for the same field office, it shows a trend and they will be more motivated to follow up with them...

Hello folks, @hl2915 and @Dr.Mikeleecooper, I'm in the same boat. Got my interview on the same day as Mike here and yes, it seems like all 3 of us had the same officer - all the same questions, etc. (or they just follow the exact same instructions). I also emailed the Senator, hopefully if they get several requests for the same field office, it shows a trend and they will be more motivated to follow up with them...
@Nashka

Hi, did you send it to Senator Cory Booker's office? If yes, the normal processing time for dealing with emails at Booker's office is 2-3 weeks. It would be better to call the office after you email them so they can get their attention to your email. Once or twice a week would be fine (973) 639-8700, (856) 338-8922

I can't help you unfortunately, but kindly ask you to add your case to the spreadsheet - it helps!