• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2023 Oceania Winners

You should wait for that as Suva allowance applicants for on dv2022 not dv2023….if Sydney would still continue to not process dv cases only than they will intervene but u should atleast send them an email in advance just so that if they do allow again you would be the first in line….
Fantastic, much appreciated

This is really helpful, thank you.

Yeah just won the 2023 and got posted to Sydney, so no interview yet per se but I've read lots are having issues.

Based on your experience, what do you think's the best way to move forward? Wait until current, then email Suva (or KCC?) for a transfer, or wait until interview is scheduled then request a transfer (if that's possible)?
Ben your case number of 4XX is very low, factoring in holes, if the DV2023 class doesn't know yet what holes are there are some good YouTube videos from Brit Simon that explain it, and also on 1 January 2023 DOS will release CEAC data and there are some very computer smart people who scrape that data and have websites where you can see, amongst other things, how many holes are before and after your case number, but essentially a hole is a case number that was created at the time of entering the DV lottery, and that case was disqualified before the actual draw. In OC the hole rate seemed to be about fifty (50) % for DV 2022 so if that continues in DV 2023, even though you are case number 400 for example, in reality there would be only 200 real cases in front of you.

A number of factors will affect when you are scheduled for an interview, including what you put in your DS 260. If your a young single applicant with stable work history in unremarkable jobs who has never traveled overseas, your DS 260 should be processed quickly (about 6 weeks) in a normal year. If however you have 5 derivatives on your entry, you've traveled to Syria, worked at a nuclear power plant, served in the military, have a criminal record and/or have made comments on social media like F the US, you can expect your DS 260 to take longer to be processed. Another issue is whether KCC will resume "document submission" for DV 2023 winners. KCC started document submission a few years ago and it was a disaster, causing massive delays. Document submission is where KCC asks you to submit copies of your civil documents to KCC before KCC schedule to you for your interview. As part of a trial run DOS suspended the document submission requirement as of 9 December 2021.

Can you or any other DV 2023 winner upload an image of your 1NL (the letter that tells you that you have been randomly selected) so I can see the wording? Redact your personal details and case number. The DV 2022 1NL specifically states you must submit documents to KCC, if that is not on the DV 2023 1NL then it appears the trial period as of 9 December 2021 is continuing for DV 2023.

Finally it needs to be a normal year to make predictions, WW3 could be running by 1 October 2022. Imagine if you told someone this time 3 years ago their selection would be ruined by a world wide pandemic.

DOS will not answer any DV 2023 questions until 1 October 2023 at the earliest.

In a normal year with a normal case a case number of 2023OC4XX could expect to be interviewed in December 2022/January 2023.
--------------------------
2022OC5XX
1NL received 9 May 2021
DS 260 submitted 2 November 2021
No documents requested or submitted
Ready to be scheduled for interview 24 December 2021
Current as of 1 January 2022
2NL received 19 April 2022

Ben your case number of 4XX is very low, factoring in holes, if the DV2023 class doesn't know yet what holes are there are some good YouTube videos from Brit Simon that explain it, and also on 1 January 2023 DOS will release CEAC data and there are some very computer smart people who scrape that data and have websites where you can see, amongst other things, how many holes are before and after your case number, but essentially a hole is a case number that was created at the time of entering the DV lottery, and that case was disqualified before the actual draw. In OC the hole rate seemed to be about fifty (50) % for DV 2022 so if that continues in DV 2023, even though you are case number 400 for example, in reality there would be only 200 real cases in front of you.

A number of factors will affect when you are scheduled for an interview, including what you put in your DS 260. If your a young single applicant with stable work history in unremarkable jobs who has never traveled overseas, your DS 260 should be processed quickly (about 6 weeks) in a normal year. If however you have 5 derivatives on your entry, you've traveled to Syria, worked at a nuclear power plant, served in the military, have a criminal record and/or have made comments on social media like F the US, you can expect your DS 260 to take longer to be processed. Another issue is whether KCC will resume "document submission" for DV 2023 winners. KCC started document submission a few years ago and it was a disaster, causing massive delays. Document submission is where KCC asks you to submit copies of your civil documents to KCC before KCC schedule to you for your interview. As part of a trial run DOS suspended the document submission requirement as of 9 December 2021.

Can you or any other DV 2023 winner upload an image of your 1NL (the letter that tells you that you have been randomly selected) so I can see the wording? Redact your personal details and case number. The DV 2022 1NL specifically states you must submit documents to KCC, if that is not on the DV 2023 1NL then it appears the trial period as of 9 December 2021 is continuing for DV 2023.

Finally it needs to be a normal year to make predictions, WW3 could be running by 1 October 2022. Imagine if you told someone this time 3 years ago their selection would be ruined by a world wide pandemic.

DOS will not answer any DV 2023 questions until 1 October 2023 at the earliest.

In a normal year with a normal case a case number of 2023OC4XX could expect to be interviewed in December 2022/January 2023.
2022OC5XX
1NL received 9 May 2021
This is great info - I had no idea what holes were until you just explained them! What's DOS by the way? Google's not helping.

Checked the letter, wording for the 1NL below. Document submission looks to be the case for 2023 (damn...).

Your case will not be scheduled for an interview appointment until a visa number is available, you have submitted a complete and valid DS-260 application for each family member, and you have provided copies of all required documentation to the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC). You will receive document submission instructions by e-mail after KCC processes and accepts the DS-260 application forms for you and any accompanying family members.

This is great info - I had no idea what holes were until you just explained them! What's DOS by the way? Google's not helping.

Checked the letter, wording for the 1NL below. Document submission looks to be the case for 2023 (damn...).

Your case will not be scheduled for an interview appointment until a visa number is available, you have submitted a complete and valid DS-260 application for each family member, and you have provided copies of all required documentation to the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC). You will receive document submission instructions by e-mail after KCC processes and accepts the DS-260 application forms for you and any accompanying family members.
DOS = Department of State

Recommend you view all the Brit Simon YouTube videos for the last year, beware of some of the other youtubers who claim to be DV experts, when all they give is pure undiluted bull sh°t

Either DOS are being lazy and using the same wording from the DV 2022 1NL,or document submission has returned for DV 2023

2022OC5XX
1NL received 9 May 2021

This happens every year, the system gets overloaded and crashes. No need to submit your DS260 now anyway, especially with your case number, plus submitting a DS 260 declares immigrant intent, good for a Green Card, but if for whatever reason you decide not to pursue the Green Card, and at a later date you apply for a non immigrant visa, such as a tourist, DOS may refuse you on the basis that you once filed a DS 260.

As for submitting a DS 260, that CEAC site was always booting me off, usually after 5 minutes even when I was typing, I'd click save and it would just take me back to the log in page. Usually I found I'd get 2 to 3 successful saves, and after that it would take me back to login and wouldn't save anything I had entered from the last save, quiet frustrating, especially when I had to enter address details for about 20 different addresses.

Also make sure you have JavaScript enabled, if you disable some answer boxes on some of the questions disappear.

Unfortunately when JavaScript is enabled you can't paste data into some of the answer boxes, i had entered the data on a word doc where it would not boot me off so I could then paste it into some of the answer boxes on the DS 260 and the DS 260 wouldn't allow me to do it.

Also, for anyone meant to be interviewed in Sydney who requires an AFP police certificate, do NOT order option code 35, even though it seems the most appropriate one to get. The Sydney consulate's reciprocity page specifically states which option code to order, option 32 or 33 by memory.

Finally when you get to the last page on the DS 260 and it asks you to enter your case number to submit, make sure you remove all the leading zeros from your case number, so if your case number is 2023OC00000123, you enter 2023OC123.

Good luck, I hope the DV 2023 selectees have a smoother ride than the DV 2022 selectees have had.

2022OC5XX
1NL received 9 May 2021
Thanks heaps for all the info!! Pasting some of the answers in Word really helped me to get the form completed :D

Yeah just won the 2023 and got posted to Sydney, so no interview yet per se but I've read lots are having issues.

Based on your experience, what do you think's the best way to move forward? Wait until current, then email Suva (or KCC?) for a transfer, or wait until interview is scheduled then request a transfer (if that's possible)?

You won't get an interview for quite a bit of time yet. Hopefully the covid fiasco is well over by the time you are current.

Congrats by the way.

As others have said just wait. Interviews won't start until October (and that's only if you have a super low CN). Sydney has been saying they're opening in the coming months so most likely won't effect DV23 too much. Main issue will just be their backlog of other IV cases but they are already like 60% of the way through them at Melbourne. So best off just waiting and see what happens, depending on your CN your interview might not even be until May next year, and Sydney would of done plenty of catching up by then and probably be operating like normal.

You'd wait until current and then email Suva. If an interview was scheduled already there'd be no reason to request transfer anymore because you'd have an interview lol. Also Suva generally doesn't take us, so its not guaranteed they will unless Sydney is still having issues. Even this year they did not start accepting transfers until March, and was denying everyone prior to that when they enquired.

Got the selection letter that I've been dreaming of for years! Got a <50 Case number (nearly fell off my chair to get that lucky). Had a 23xx number in 2021 which wasn't worth pursuing. Already in the US so will be doing AOS. Just hope it goes smoothly (fingers crossed!)

Hi all, just a question as the bulletin outlines the different countries selectees I’ve noticed Fiji is much higher than normal and all other OC countries. What does this mean for AU & NZ? Will the cases go faster or slower or no changes? And is there a holes breakdown by country?
THANKS! I’m OC16XX processing at Sydney but NZ selectee.

Hi all, just a question as the bulletin outlines the different countries selectees I’ve noticed Fiji is much higher than normal and all other OC countries. What does this mean for AU & NZ? Will the cases go faster or slower or no changes? And is there a holes breakdown by country?
THANKS! I’m OC16XX processing at Sydney but NZ selectee.
Unlikely it would change anything, at the end of the day its just a lottery for all of Oceania, just happens that a lot of the winners are from Fiji this year, luck of the draw. You will still have to wait for your case number to go current like always and that's based on region not embassy so regardless of where the selectees are from in Oceania it wouldn't make a difference. Best source for holes breakdown is going to be BritSimon's videos so I recommend those if you haven't watched them already, does them every year and has already posted some DV23 case number analysis

This happens every year, the system gets overloaded and crashes. No need to submit your DS260 now anyway, especially with your case number, plus submitting a DS 260 declares immigrant intent, good for a Green Card, but if for whatever reason you decide not to pursue the Green Card, and at a later date you apply for a non immigrant visa, such as a tourist, DOS may refuse you on the basis that you once filed a DS 260.

As for submitting a DS 260, that CEAC site was always booting me off, usually after 5 minutes even when I was typing, I'd click save and it would just take me back to the log in page. Usually I found I'd get 2 to 3 successful saves, and after that it would take me back to login and wouldn't save anything I had entered from the last save, quiet frustrating, especially when I had to enter address details for about 20 different addresses.

Also make sure you have JavaScript enabled, if you disable some answer boxes on some of the questions disappear.

Unfortunately when JavaScript is enabled you can't paste data into some of the answer boxes, i had entered the data on a word doc where it would not boot me off so I could then paste it into some of the answer boxes on the DS 260 and the DS 260 wouldn't allow me to do it.

Also, for anyone meant to be interviewed in Sydney who requires an AFP police certificate, do NOT order option code 35, even though it seems the most appropriate one to get. The Sydney consulate's reciprocity page specifically states which option code to order, option 32 or 33 by memory.

Finally when you get to the last page on the DS 260 and it asks you to enter your case number to submit, make sure you remove all the leading zeros from your case number, so if your case number is 2023OC00000123, you enter 2023OC123.

Good luck, I hope the DV 2023 selectees have a smoother ride than the DV 2022 selectees have had.

2022OC5XX
1NL received 9 May 2021
You raise an interesting point about filing a 260 and potentially being denied entry on a tourist visa in future. Im a dv2023 applicant, have lodged my form. Latest visa bulletin suggests I’ll be current in october.
The issue is I was hoping to go on a holiday to the states in october. Do I risk missing my potential interview if I do that? Is it also likely that my ESTA to enter for a holiday will be denied?

I also didn’t give any thought to the fact that applying for a 260 may mean I’m denied entry in future for a tourist visa if I decide not to proceed or if i’m not successful in getting the green card….has anyone else experienced this?

You raise an interesting point about filing a 260 and potentially being denied entry on a tourist visa in future. Im a dv2023 applicant, have lodged my form. Latest visa bulletin suggests I’ll be current in october.
The issue is I was hoping to go on a holiday to the states in october. Do I risk missing my potential interview if I do that? Is it also likely that my ESTA to enter for a holiday will be denied?

I also didn’t give any thought to the fact that applying for a 260 may mean I’m denied entry in future for a tourist visa if I decide not to proceed or if i’m not successful in getting the green card….has anyone else experienced this?
I personally avoided travelling after submitting my ds260, having said that there are a decent amount of people from DV22 that travelled still and had no issues. Main thing is having a return flight and being able to prove you still have ties to Australia if asked, so unlikely it would effect it. I believe if you decide to not pursue it, while you have shown immigrant intent by submitting the ds260, I think you can decide to cancel your interview and let them you know you no longer want to pursue the green card, which is seen very differently to someone that is denied one. At the end of the day it all just comes down to whoever you get at the interview/entry when entering the US what they believe your intent is and if they think you are going to overstay illegally, there's no real hard "if x happens, you can no longer get y". Will vary depending on who you get and the circumstance, but yes submitting your ds260 shows that you now have immigrant intent which can effect future non-immigrant visas such as E3 and tourist visas. If you meet all the requirements and have all your documents though and no issues and a low CN like you have said, then it seems very unlikely anything would go wrong.

I travelled under an ESTA in February after lodging my DS-260 (DV2022). At the Immigration desk, I was asked a few more questions than usual about the purpose of my trip and asked to show my return flight itinerary out of the US. I would certainly recommend printing your return flight details and keeping it in your hand luggage so you can present it if asked.

If anyone has any London Embassy questions now or in the future, I'm a DV22 OC winner and went through the whole process here in the UK. Best of luck to all you lucky winners and a big congrats to your boyfriend @Sil2022 - what are the chances?!

2023 winner also. OC17xx. First time entry for me, so I guess I was lucky. Still trying to get a grip on the process. Currently in the US on a E-3 visa.
Congrats! Got my greencard last month. Was 21xx for DV2022. Was on E3 also. Many have done the switch, this forum will be v helpful and you might like to read through the DV 2022 OC forum as there were a lot of posts about E3 to GC

Got the selection letter that I've been dreaming of for years! Got a <50 Case number (nearly fell off my chair to get that lucky). Had a 23xx number in 2021 which wasn't worth pursuing. Already in the US so will be doing AOS. Just hope it goes smoothly (fingers crossed!)
Congrats! DV22 21xx and got my greencard last month. Also was in US already but decided on Consular processing due to my AOS local field office being Los Angeles who are notoriously slow. The spreadsheets for AOS will be helpful for you to determine your local field office speed for AOS

Thoughts on whether Suva will continue taking transfers for DV2023? My consulate is Auckland but it seems like they were pretty slow with their interviews this year. Although Fiji has 1718 selectees in DV2023 so they might be too busy interviewing all their own selectees to take people from elsewhere.

Congrats! DV22 21xx and got my greencard last month. Also was in US already but decided on Consular processing due to my AOS local field office being Los Angeles who are notoriously slow. The spreadsheets for AOS will be helpful for you to determine your local field office speed for AOS
Congrats on getting your greencard i'm DV23 21XX which i'm worried is too high but it appears higher numbers have had their GC issued in DV22 so fingers crossed I get an interview. What consulate did you go through?