• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Hello Everyone,

Just got out of my interview at the Fairfax, VA USCIS location. I got there about 10 minutes early and went through security. I then checked in at the reception and after a few minutes the officer came out and called my name. She led me to her office then proceeded to me taking an oath to tell the truth. Once that was over, she verified my identity using my ID then went through my previously submitted i-485. I was basically reiterating all of the information I had provided. Finally, she asked if there were any documents I wanted to add to my file (to which I said no) and then asked me to sign on my application. She told me that she would contact the Kansas office to validate my application which then they would release my Diversity Visa. The whole meeting took about 5 mins, I hope you find this helpful. Again, thank you all so much for the continued support and guidance in navigating this complex AOS process. I would not have made it without this forum.
Congratulations!!!!!

Hi everyone, I’m currently on an H1B visa (on my 3rd year) and was previously on an F1. Should I include a copy of my expired I-20 documents, expired F1 visa and expired EAD card? The AOS spreadsheet says “If applicable”, so I assume that I should include them for additional documentation. Just want to double check, thanks.

Hi everyone, I’m currently on an H1B visa (on my 3rd year) and was previously on an F1. Should I include a copy of my expired I-20 documents, expired F1 visa and expired EAD card? The AOS spreadsheet says “If applicable”, so I assume that I should include them for additional documentation. Just want to double check, thanks.
Yes, and the stamps from your passport too.

Hello Everyone,

Just got out of my interview at the Fairfax, VA USCIS location. I got there about 10 minutes early and went through security. I then checked in at the reception and after a few minutes the officer came out and called my name. She led me to her office then proceeded to me taking an oath to tell the truth. Once that was over, she verified my identity using my ID then went through my previously submitted i-485. I was basically reiterating all of the information I had provided. Finally, she asked if there were any documents I wanted to add to my file (to which I said no) and then asked me to sign on my application. She told me that she would contact the Kansas office to validate my application which then they would release my Diversity Visa. The whole meeting took about 5 mins, I hope you find this helpful. Again, thank you all so much for the continued support and guidance in navigating this complex AOS process. I would not have made it without this forum.
Very similar experience also for me. Now my online case says: "Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed". All normal, correct?

Hello Everyone,

Congratulations

Is it possible to speed up the DV process to be interviewed earlier? My bio has been waved, but I have not received the interview notice yet. My current status is OPT (expires in 20 days) and I do not want to apply for OPT STEM. Thank you for your help in advance.
Could you please explain why your Bio was waived?

Could you please explain why your Bio was waived?
OP has a recent bio in the system from another application. When there’s a recent bio in the system for an applicant from another application, the new bio for the new application gets waived (the fee still gets charged though).

@Sm1smom , I have a question about the Biometrics.

Does the walk-in vs attending the scheduled appointment give an advantage in terms of overall case processing?
What I mean is that often, Biometrics and Interview letters are spaced a few weeks apart.
So, does walk-in really helps, if say, by that time the interview date has already been established?

@Sm1smom , I have a question about the Biometrics.

Does the walk-in vs attending the scheduled appointment give an advantage in terms of overall case processing?
What I mean is that often, Biometrics and Interview letters are spaced a few weeks apart.
So, does walk-in really helps, if say, by that time the interview date has already been established?
A walk-in might help in getting the background check clearance faster for someone whose background check could take a bit longer to clear if they were to decide on waiting to get it completed as scheduled.
Inclement weather could happen out of no where just before or on the scheduled day making it impossible to complete the bio appointment. Unforeseen personal life event could happen making it impossible to attend the interview as scheduled.
All these will impact the approval even if the interview happened as scheduled since the case cannot be approved while the background check clearance is still pending.

can anyone please explain to me how I can request access to edit the Timeline tab of DV2022 AOS excel sheet? I sent the payment to KCC and was trying to add that (using an iPhone), but I couldn’t figure out how to request access.

Thank you

A walk-in might help in getting the background check clearance faster for someone whose background check could take a bit longer to clear if they were to decide on waiting to get it completed as scheduled.
Inclement weather could happen out of no where just before or on the scheduled day making it impossible to complete the bio appointment. Unforeseen personal life event could happen making it impossible to attend the interview as scheduled.
All these will impact the approval even if the interview happened as scheduled since the case cannot be approved while the background check clearance is still pending.
I see, thank you for the clarification

can anyone please explain to me how I can request access to edit the Timeline tab of DV2022 AOS excel sheet? I sent the payment to KCC and was trying to add that (using an iPhone), but I couldn’t figure out how to request access.

Thank you
You asked the other day about the list of countries that "may" take longer to get their security check. I got my interview notice in 7 days right after doing the biometric. In addition, "some" of these countries have had strong ties and allies with the US for a very long time.
One more question, what does the " Ask for " mean on the interview page?