Processing time for green card based on asylum

Does the delay in this situation cause a delay in our citizenship?, or does it count as the day we took Asylee status ?
Yes it does. We need to wait 5 years from the date on our green card which should be back dated for 1 year since we waited 1 year after we our case was approved to apply for green card.

Yes it does. We need to wait 5 years from the date on our green card which should be back dated for 1 year since we waited 1 year after we our case was approved to apply for green card.
they should back dated for how many years you have been waiting for

Hey Guys

So I got the letter today and apparently they have transferred my case back to NSC from TSC

The reason they have stated is for faster processing.

May 2018

This is getting ridiculous.

Hey Guys

So I got the letter today and apparently they have transferred my case back to NSC from TSC

May 2018

I believe this is good news. NSC has fast processing times. So hopefully your wait is almost over.

Hey Guys

May 2018

I noticed processing time of NSC and Texas are the same btw 14.5 to 42.5 months. is there any other service center that process Asylum GC?

Last edited:
Hey Mate,

TSC and NSC are not accepting any new asylum cases and are processing files to clear the backlog. Surprisingly NSC has approved over 7000+ asylum cases in the April 2021 - June 2021 quarter with another 7000+ cases pending with NSC.

I cannot paste the link here for some reason though.

Hello, guys!!

I wanted to know how long is taking for cases in NBC because I live in LA, California. They received my application on April, 5th 2021 with my RTD application.

Today, my RTD was approved and I should be receiving it in the next couple of weeks.

I'm planning to travel to Europe around April and I don't know if I'll have my GC by then. Do I need to apply for another document to can I travel with only the RTD?

Thank you!

Hey Guys

May 2018

I got the same notice 2 days ago.
TSC January 2019

The I-485 statistics for July 2021 - September 2021 is out and it seems that NSC has halved their pending cases to 3500 and approved 3500 cases for asylum/humanitarian cases.

We may hear some good news soon, fingers crossed.

When one applies for Asylum GC, with all the delays running into years, do we still get to apply for EAD? Or how is that handled? That’s if the initial EAD expires

The I-485 statistics for July 2021 - September 2021 is out and it seems that NSC has halved their pending cases to 3500 and approved 3500 cases for asylum/humanitarian cases.

We may hear some good news soon, fingers crossed.
could you pls advise in which site we can get this statistics.

When one applies for Asylum GC, with all the delays running into years, do we still get to apply for EAD? Or how is that handled? That’s if the initial EAD expires
If you have a social security card with no restrictions then it's enough to use it with your ID to proof employment eligibility.

I used just unrestricted social security and my ID and I'm not having any problem. When they verify they will know about your asylum status. But u can add that as well if u like.
Ok, thank you. I am due to apply by the first quarter of next year and all these delays I am hearing about, is scary.

Somebody said 90% of adjustments go without interview.
Does ANYONE have been thru a situation where there was serious issues or concern with the case? ( Besides bureaucracy, medical and other mundane documents).

like, has anyone been notified or been to an interview with concerning their refugee adjustment of status?