• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Hello Members:

I am in the process of paying the I-485 fees but got confused on how much I should pay for my 3 years old kid. Based on the below chart, as far as I understand, I am supposed to pay $1225 each for my wife and myself and $750 for my 3-year-old kid. Is that correct?

Under 14 and filing with the I-485
application of at least one parent
$750$0$750
Under 14 and not filing with the I-485 application of at least one parent$1,140$0$1,140
Age 14–78$1,140$85$1,225

Hello Members:

I am in the process of paying the I-485 fees but got confused on how much I should pay for my 3 years old kid. Based on the below chart, as far as I understand, I am supposed to pay $1225 each for my wife and myself and $750 for my 3-year-old kid. Is that correct?

Under 14 and filing with the I-485
application of at least one parent
$750$0$750
Under 14 and not filing with the I-485 application of at least one parent$1,140$0$1,140
Age 14–78$1,140$85$1,225
That is correct.

Dear members,
Thanks as always for your support in this journey.
My wife is selected for the 2022 DV. But she is a housewife and does not work. Do I, as her husband, need to file affidavit support (I-134) for my wife who is the main selectee?

Thanks for your help. Appreciate it
No. Your financial documents will be applicable to her

Hello again:

I have a question about the "application type or filing category" in the I-485 form. Under Part 2 question 5 says:
"if you are a derivative applicant (the spouse or unmarried child under 21 years age of a principal applicant), provide the following information for the principal applicant"

Do I need to fill in this part considering my wife is the principal selectee on the DV lottery?

Thank you so much for your guidance!

Hello again:

I have a question about the "application type or filing category" in the I-485 form. Under Part 2 question 5 says:
"if you are a derivative applicant (the spouse or unmarried child under 21 years age of a principal applicant), provide the following information for the principal applicant"

Do I need to fill in this part considering my wife is the principal selectee on the DV lottery?

Thank you so much for your guidance!
Your wife, as the main selectee is the principal applicant, you are a derivative applicant. Don’t overthink the questions on the form, answer them as applicable.

Your wife, as the main selectee is the principal applicant, you are a derivative applicant. Don’t overthink the questions on the form, answer them as applicable.
Thank you for the reply. Sorry, I do not want to make mistake and I am asking over and over. I apologize for that.

So, as far as understand, the #3, #4, and #5 do NOT apply for my wife (main selectee). But 5a, 5b, and 5c do apply to me as a derivative applicant. Is that correct? Please see attached

1636301658953.png

Hello,
I am currently doing CP, but a little worried about the delays in the DS260 processing (having submitted late July).
Since I live and work in the US already, and considering that my CN won't likely become current until March (2022EU15xxx)
1) If I request to transition to AOS, how long, in average, takes for KCC to switch from CP to AOS?
2) Would be wise to wait a few weeks to see how the situation evolves with DS260 processing?

Hello,
I am currently doing CP, but a little worried about the delays in the DS260 processing (having submitted late July).
Since I live and work in the US already, and considering that my CN won't likely become current until March (2022EU15xxx)
1) If I request to transition to AOS, how long, in average, takes for KCC to switch from CP to AOS?
2) Would be wise to wait a few weeks to see how the situation evolves with DS260 processing?
1. Technically speaking, there’s nothing to transfer for as long as KCC hasn’t scheduled a CP interview. You’ll only be informing KCC you wish to switch from CP to AOS, and they will stop processing your case at that point (KCC doesn’t process AOS cases).
2. Your call as to when you decide on that. Just bear in mind, once a CP interview gets scheduled, it becomes difficult to switch over to AOS at that point as your case file would have been sent to the embassy (even if the embassy subsequently cancels the interview for one reason or the other).

1. Technically speaking, there’s nothing to transfer for as long as KCC hasn’t scheduled a CP interview. You’ll only be informing KCC you wish to switch from CP to AOS, and they will stop processing your case at that point (KCC doesn’t process AOS cases).
2. Your call as to when you decide on that. Just bear in mind, once a CP interview gets scheduled, it becomes difficult to switch over to AOS at that point as your case file would have been sent to the embassy (even if the embassy subsequently cancels the interview for one reason or the other).
I see Sm1smom

Since I have already submitted the DS260 for CP, KCC needs to unlock and change to AOS, isn't that right?
Also, KCC then sends a 2NL letter notifying that I will go through AOS.

Am I not correct?

I see Sm1smom

Since I have already submitted the DS260 for CP, KCC needs to unlock and change to AOS, isn't that right?
Also, KCC then sends a 2NL letter notifying that I will go through AOS.

Am I not correct?
When you inform KCC of your plan to switch to AOS, they will not unlock the DS260 to change the previously selected processing option, the form remains as submitted. They will however note the change request, and stop processing the form. They will subsequently send an acknowledgment of the change request which is your 2NL as an AOSer.

Hello,
I am not sure what to do! I am in Oceania, I have ticked all the boxes for AOS only that my current visa expires in May. I am a little nervous at the rate the numbers are being called on the visa bulletin that I won't be called until after my visa expires.

Can I change back to normal processing of the DV2022 or is it too late? I have received a letter from the KCC about doing an AOS.

Thank you
Hayley

Hello,
I am not sure what to do! I am in Oceania, I have ticked all the boxes for AOS only that my current visa expires in May. I am a little nervous at the rate the numbers are being called on the visa bulletin that I won't be called until after my visa expires.

Can I change back to normal processing of the DV2022 or is it too late? I have received a letter from the KCC about doing an AOS.

Thank you
Hayley

When does your I-94 expire? That should be the date your status ends, and it's often later than the expiry date of your visa.

Finally got our Bio letters from ASC. My appointment is 2 days later than my wife's. I don't mind a second trip to the ASC, but is it possible to do a walk-in together with my wife, since she is the main applicant?

BIO Walk-In Attempt
In case you guys are not yet aware, especially for those who already received their bio notification letters, you can attempt a bio walk-in. A bio walk-in is when you show up for your bio capture ahead of the date/time scheduled on your bio notice. You can try at different times of the day ahead of your scheduled appointment, some have reported their successful attempts in the early hours of the day, some in the mid-afternoon, others late afternoon. You can also try the walk-in with any ASC as a matter of fact, especially if the ASC is not located in the same building as the FO, the guards and the technicians tend to be a bit more lenient and accommodating in those stand alone ASCs.

You may need to be creative while trying to convince them as to why you need to complete the bio capture earlier (such as traveling out of town, business commitments, family issues, etc. - you may need to prepare proof of this ahead of your visit). Also don't volunteer information about your actual appointment date/time if you're not asked, just appear normal and join the line, if there's one when you get there

Note: this is called a walk-in attempt, there is no guarantee on this, but it is worth the effort if you can find the time to do so.

Finally got our Bio letters from ASC. My appointment is 2 days later than my wife's. I don't mind a second trip to the ASC, but is it possible to do a walk-in together with my wife, since she is the main applicant?
Interestingly, I was composing a post about bio walk-in attempts when you posted your above question. Yes, you can attempt a walk-in together with your spouse on their appointment day.

Hello Members,

I hope you all are doing well. I was wondering if anyone could help with my questions.

Background:
-F1 Student
-I-485 AOS application was rejected due to filing before the beginning of the Fiscal Year (July)
-Received the rejection letter (I-797 + green form), I-693 with a torn off envelope + all documents stapled, stamped at the bottom
-Case number is very close to be called in the Visa Bulletin for January.

Questions:

1) If my case number will be called in January's Visa Bulletin that will be published this November, would it mean I can send my I-485 application in November?

2) It has been more than 2 months since a civil surgeon signed the I-693 form (June 2021). Should I update it or resubmit the same I-693 in the same opened envelope since it's still valid for 1.5 more years? Civil surgeon is not willing to reseal.

3) It's been 4 months since the forms and supporting documents were filled out. Do I need to update everything or resend as is?

4) Also, heard that form I-485 was recently updated, but the one on USCIS website has the same edition date. Has anyone else heard of the update?

If anyone is familiar with this situation and can offer any piece of advice, it will be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited: