• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

This is my initial acceptance notice. I called it another one because the first was for my spouse. My bad. So it went wrong from the start.
So you need to take another look at your submitted I-485 for starters to if the spelling error did not originate from your end. If you confirm the error is not from your end, you may submit an Typographical Error eRequest. (Bear in mind, you may end up getting a frustrating response from USCIS following that submission). If the spelling error originated from your end, your bio notice will most likely show up with the same error. When you go in for your bio appointment, you'll need to point out the spelling error to the bio technician, write your name with both the correct spelling and the erroneous spelling to ensure your background check gets conducted with both name variations. Note: Bio technician cannot correct the spelling error, they just need to be aware of it

Then when you go in for your interview, you'll also inform the IO of the spelling error and request they correct it. At this point you want to hope you get invited for an interview and for your case to not be approved without an interview. Because if that were to happen, your GC will most likely get issued with the wrongly spelt name, in which case you will now have to apply for a replacement card (which may or may not cost an additional fee depending on if the error is traceable back to you or to USCIS).

So you need to take another look at your submitted I-485 for starters to if the spelling error did not originate from your end. If you confirm the error is not from your end, you may submit an Typographical Error eRequest. (Bear in mind, you may end up getting a frustrating response from USCIS following that submission). If the spelling error originated from your end, your bio notice will most likely show up with the same error. When you go in for your bio appointment, you'll need to point out the spelling error to the bio technician, write your name with both the correct spelling and the erroneous spelling to ensure your background check gets conducted with both name variations. Note: Bio technician cannot correct the spelling error, they just need to be aware of it

Then when you go in for your interview, you'll also inform the IO of the spelling error and request they correct it. At this point you want to hope you get invited for an interview and for your case to not be approved without an interview. Because if that were to happen, your GC will most likely get issued with the wrongly spelt name, in which case you will now have to apply for a replacement card (which may or may not cost an additional fee depending on if the error is traceable back to you or to USCIS).
Thanks mom for such a great clarification. I guess they treated H as M in my I-485 because I wrote it in hand. So at USCIS 1st line they told me there is no sense in submitting eRequest because "they need a hand-signed paper from you with copies of documents". Was it wrong? Since I've already sent one, shall I send an eRequest as a follow-up?

After either of actions will they send a fixed Notice? If yes, do I still need worry about further process?

Last edited:
And one more, if bio invitation shows up while the name change request is pending, I assume we definitely should go and proceed with notifying them here and there, shouldn't we?

Hello sir ,
I just applied for DV-2023, and I see it was successful in the end. Then I get the confirmation number and print all information. But I didn't close the webpage yet. Then I click the backspace on the internet browser because I want to enter for my other friend's information for DV-2023. But after I click backspace the website shows me that:

'The information submitted has not been accepted because it matches a previous entry in our records. Individuals may only submit one entry per DV period. Duplicate entries will not be accepted.'

I didn't submit any information again or add new information, I just keep click 'back' on the internet browser after I submit my DV-2023. But then I get this message from the website. Did I be disqualified for DV-2023 ?

Hello sir ,
I just applied for DV-2023, and I see it was successful in the end. Then I get the confirmation number and print all information. But I didn't close the webpage yet. Then I click the backspace on the internet browser because I want to enter for my other friend's information for DV-2023. But after I click backspace the website shows me that:

'The information submitted has not been accepted because it matches a previous entry in our records. Individuals may only submit one entry per DV period. Duplicate entries will not be accepted.'

I didn't submit any information again or add new information, I just keep click 'back' on the internet browser after I submit my DV-2023. But then I get this message from the website. Did I be disqualified for DV-2023 ?
No, other duplicate entries were not submitted

Making another payment will be nothing but throwing money away, especially since you have confirmation the payment was delivered and also, you're able to confirm the payment has been cashed. The receipt will show up eventually.
Thank you, Mom. You are the best anxiety relief :D

Thanks mom for such a great clarification. I guess they treated H as M in my I-485 because I wrote it in hand. So at USCIS 1st line they told me there is no sense in submitting eRequest because "they need a hand-signed paper from you with copies of documents". Was it wrong? Since I've already sent one, shall I send an eRequest as a follow-up?

After either of actions will they send a fixed Notice? If yes, do I still need worry about further process?
I already informed you of what you may do. You can decide on submitting the eRquest or not.
I'm not aware of a situation in the past when a fixed notice was sent out. This is why I went to great length in my initial response to explain the IO is the person that can make the needed correction.

I already informed you of what you may do. You can decide on submitting the eRquest or not.
I'm not aware of a situation in the past when a fixed notice was sent out. This is why I went to great length in my initial response to explain the IO is the person that can make the needed correction.
Thank you a lot. I think I will stick to just a common letter and will keep you all posted in case if might be helpful to someone else.

Hi all,

I have submitted ds-260 in august and made payment in October. Still waiting for my receipt.

did not get any emails or mail from KCC.
My current is in December.

So, please guide me, now I am collecting all documents for AOS including medical examination, and sending them 1st of December.

then when they going to invite me to interview? In December

and do I have to call/write anyone to confirm that I am sending documents for AOS?

Thx

Hi all,

I have submitted ds-260 in august and made payment in October. Still waiting for my receipt.

did not get any emails or mail from KCC.
My current is in December.

So, please guide me, now I am collecting all documents for AOS including medical examination, and sending them 1st of December.

then when they going to invite me to interview? In December

and do I have to call/write anyone to confirm that I am sending documents for AOS?

Thx
Go through the AOS process spreadsheet (you’ll find the link on the first post on page one of this thread) for a step by step guide on the AOS process.

1&2. You both fill and submit the DS260 forms at the same time. Your husband will indicate you’re processing FTJ on his own form. You can both submit the DS260 forms now even if your husband will be relocating to a new address soon, whichever address your husband lists on his DS260 form has no impact on his AOS process. The recommendation about not causing a potential delay with a change of address has to do with the I-485 form for the AOS filing, nothing to do with the DS260 form - he doesn’t need to update that form with his new address after the initial submission.
3. Your husband may decide to file an I-824 with his AOS package, that is what formally informs USCIS there’s a FTJ case associated with his. After making his DV administrative fee payment and getting his receipt back, he can pre-emptively email KCC to explain he only made one payment because the spouse is processing FTJ, and are only required to make the DV payment when you go to the embassy for your interview.
Hi @Sm1smom , Hi all

I have a question about the I-824. It says in the instructions that we need to provide a copy of Form I-797 for the previously approved application or petition when we file the I-824. They go as far as to say:
"
Filing Tips for Form I-824, Application for Action on an Approved Application or Petition

Complete all sections of the form. We will reject the form if these fields are missing:
  • Part 3 – Other Information
    • Receipt Number (on Form I-797, Notice of Action)"

In our case, we will file for FTJ so we will file I-485 and I-824 concurrently (as mom suggested).

1- Do we need this Form I-797 in our case too? and if yes, how do we get that?
2- Does filing I-485 and I-824 together mean in the same AOS package? Or independently in 2 separate packages?

Thank you as always.

Hi @Sm1smom , Hi all

I have a question about the I-824. It says in the instructions that we need to provide a copy of Form I-797 for the previously approved application or petition when we file the I-824. They go as far as to say:
"
Filing Tips for Form I-824, Application for Action on an Approved Application or Petition

Complete all sections of the form. We will reject the form if these fields are missing:
  • Part 3 – Other Information
    • Receipt Number (on Form I-797, Notice of Action)"

In our case, we will file for FTJ so we will file I-485 and I-824 concurrently (as mom suggested).

1- Do we need this Form I-797 in our case too? and if yes, how do we get that?
2- Does filing I-485 and I-824 together mean in the same AOS package? Or independently in 2 separate packages?

Thank you as always.
1. You do not need that form if filing the I-824 concurrently with the I-485.
2. Same AOS package.

Hello everyone,

Quick question, if for X reason my F-1 based EAD Extension (OPT) application is denied (February 2022), my F-1 status will change to “Adjustment Pending”, correct? However, I will still be able to process my AOS, right?

Thanks!

Ps- I did refer to the AOS spreadsheet but just wanted to make sure I am getting the right message. I expect for my number to be current in January

1636023285202.png

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

Quick question, if for X reason my F-1 based EAD Extension (OPT) application is denied (February 2022), my F-1 status will change to “Adjustment Pending”, correct? However, I will still be able to process my AOS, right?

Thanks!

Ps- I did refer to the AOS spreadsheet but just wanted to make sure I am getting the right message. I expect for my number to be current in January

View attachment 3145
If your AOS application has already been submitted prior to OPT extension denial, your AOS application processing will continue, that is when you roll into adjustment pending. If you’re yet to file for AOS when current OPT expires and OPT extension request has been denied, you will not be eligible to file for AOS at that point.

Hi all- I am DV 2022 selectee. I had mailed my DV fee on July 2021 but have not received my original DV fee payment receipt yet at my provided mailing address. When I emailed KCC DV about it, they sent me the scanned copy of the DV fee payment receipt to my email address.
I was told by a lawyer that in the past people had issues when USCIS denied the payment in lack of stamped proof while using the scanned copy. It seems like USCIS requires the original DV Fee Payment Receipt with the original stamp. I have emailed KCC twice regarding the original receipt but they keep on telling me the receipt has been sent out to my email address (the electronic copy of the receipt I received in my email). I am not sure how will I be able to get the original DV fee payment receipt?

Hi all- I am DV 2022 selectee. I had mailed my DV fee on July 2021 but have not received my original DV fee payment receipt yet at my provided mailing address. When I emailed KCC DV about it, they sent me the scanned copy of the DV fee payment receipt to my email address.
I was told by a lawyer that in the past people had issues when USCIS denied the payment in lack of stamped proof while using the scanned copy. It seems like USCIS requires the original DV Fee Payment Receipt with the original stamp. I have emailed KCC twice regarding the original receipt but they keep on telling me the receipt has been sent out to my email address (the electronic copy of the receipt I received in my email). I am not sure how will I be able to get the original DV fee payment receipt?
Well, your lawyer is not quite correct, if you check past threads, you'll see lot of people have successfully got their case approved while sending emailed copy of DV fee receipt.

What the lawyer told you is not true.

Hello forum members:

I have asylum-approved status here in the US and applied for AOS. I received the following email from KCC and am really worried about the part that is bolded below.
---Do I need to have an immigration visa number? If so, how I can get the number?
---I have a fairly good number EU...2xxx. But I have not received the 2NL. Do you think it is because I do not have immigration visa number?

Thank you for your help

Thank you for informing us that you plan to apply for adjustment of status with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

Also, it is important to remember that you cannot apply for adjustment of status until an immigrant visa number is available. To see if a visa number is available, please refer to your DV case number and check the current Department of State Visa Bulletin at . Regardless of when a visa number becomes available, the adjustment of status process must be completed by September 30, 2022. You cannot get any benefit from your DV selection after that date

Hello forum members:

I have asylum-approved status here in the US and applied for AOS. I received the following email from KCC and am really worried about the part that is bolded below.
---Do I need to have an immigration visa number? If so, how I can get the number?
---I have a fairly good number EU...2xxx. But I have not received the 2NL. Do you think it is because I do not have immigration visa number?

Thank you for your help

Thank you for informing us that you plan to apply for adjustment of status with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

Also, it is important to remember that you cannot apply for adjustment of status until an immigrant visa number is available. To see if a visa number is available, please refer to your DV case number and check the current Department of State Visa Bulletin at . Regardless of when a visa number becomes available, the adjustment of status process must be completed by September 30, 2022. You cannot get any benefit from your DV selection after that date
That is your 2NL. It contains the standard verbiage about not filing for AOS before you’re eligible to do so - that is before your CN becomes current based on the VB.

Dear members,
Thanks as always for your support in this journey.
My wife is selected for the 2022 DV. But she is a housewife and does not work. Do I, as her husband, need to file affidavit support (I-134) for my wife who is the main selectee?

Thanks for your help. Appreciate it