• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

I see, seems no milestones to guarantee besides the interview?
No. The decision is taken by the IO at the interview. They do not “preapprove” the case before it gets sent for bio, or at any other stage (unless you are one of the lucky few whose case gets approved without an interview of course).

No. The decision is taken by the IO at the interview. They do not “preapprove” the case before it gets sent for bio, or at any other stage (unless you are one of the lucky few whose case gets approved without an interview of course).
I see. Thank you all for the answers, really appreciate it. Though the last one just to be sure. If the case wasn't denied due to early filing is it possible to be denied or were there any cases of denial because of early filing after it actually became current?

I see. Thank you all for the answers, really appreciate it. Though the last one just to be sure. If the case wasn't denied due to early filing is it possible to be denied or were there any cases of denial because of early filing after it actually became current?
I’m not sure I understand your question. You can’t interview before the number is current, so by definition any denial by the FO would be after it actually became current. Is that what you were asking?

Yeah, I get it. But since it's more than a month for my cn to become current, could it be denied before the interview during this period. Could it be denied after this period but before the interview (no if I got it right?)? And I guess for the interview I should bring that early filing memo to support my early filing?

Yeah, I get it. But since it's more than a month for my cn to become current, could it be denied before the interview during this period. Could it be denied after this period but before the interview (no if I got it right?)? And I guess for the interview I should bring that early filing memo to support my early filing?
Who would be doing the denying during this period? You’ve already been told any decision is taken by the IO, either at the interview or (rarely, especially this early in the FY) in lieu of an interview.
Did you not include the early filing memo in the package?

Who would be doing the denying during this period? You’ve already been told any decision is taken by the IO, either at the interview or (rarely, especially this early in the FY) in lieu of an interview.
Did you not include the early filing memo in the package?
Included. Besides I also included the Visa availability section from USCIS website. But still have concerns and maybe overthinking it.

Included. Besides I also included the Visa availability section from USCIS website. But still have concerns and maybe overthinking it.
Regardless of what was included, an application can be denied for early filing without an interview. That is why we went to great lengths to explain this on the AOS process spreadsheet. Take a look at the “Early Filing” tab of the DV Tracker spreadsheet (see link in my signature) for more on some of the cases rejected or denied for early filing.

Hello everyone,

One question, I was going over the "DV 2018 AOS Timeline and found this comment "Interview was very smooth and Yes No questions. IO checked my birth certification. He did not request my file from KCC. My medical was expired the date of interview and I had to do that again. He gave me RFW on the date of interview"

I assume most medicals will be expired the interview date since they only have a validity of 60 days or 2 years after day USCIS accepts our package correct?

Therefore, I believe that this person sent the package with an expired medical test?

Thanks

PS: Uncertain about doing early filling or not; number will become current on January which means I could do early filling next month when the December VB is released :S

1635211989630.png

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

One question, I was going over the "DV 2018 AOS Timeline and found this comment "Interview was very smooth and Yes No questions. IO checked my birth certification. He did not request my file from KCC. My medical was expired the date of interview and I had to do that again. He gave me RFW on the date of interview"

I assume most medicals will be expired the interview date since they only have a validity of 60 days or 2 years after day USCIS accepts our package correct?

Therefore, I believe that this person sent the package with an expired medical test?

Thanks

PS: Uncertain about doing early filling or not; number will become current on January :S

View attachment 3115
Not sure why you think 2 years isn’t enough for a process that needs to be completed within one fiscal year.
In September 2018 that poster was subject to the earlier rule, which was a one year expiry. It changed to two years in Nov 2018.

Not sure why you think 2 years isn’t enough for a process that needs to be completed within one fiscal year.
In September 2018 that poster was subject to the earlier rule, which was a one year expiry. It changed to two years in Nov 2018.
My bad, I completely misunderstood the comment on the DV 2018 AOS Timeline, thanks for the clarification :)

Dear Mrs and Mr of the Forum,

Thank you very much for giving us this opportunity to follow the incidents, have an order to bring the documentation to fruition and the support received is priceless.

Our case is a bit peculiar, I present it in a summarized way and if someone can contribute something it would be of great help.

- We have won the DV lottery 2022, Case number: EU25XXX
- We have a J1 / J2 visa. A daughter over 21 who is autistic and depends on us 100%. It is NOT on the list sent by family members to apply for the DV Green Card. His entry to the USA was with a J2 but in August 2020 he turned 21 years old, he was granted a change to B2 and we are pending an extension of the B2 so we do not have to leave the country until February.
- I have a sentence from a judge in the USA where he makes me guardian and custody of the girl.

Would there be any possibility or someone knows of a similar case to advance a Green Card processing and not have to wait to do it as F2B.

Thank you very much and good luck with the process.

Dear Mrs and Mr of the Forum,

Thank you very much for giving us this opportunity to follow the incidents, have an order to bring the documentation to fruition and the support received is priceless.

Our case is a bit peculiar, I present it in a summarized way and if someone can contribute something it would be of great help.

- We have won the DV lottery 2022, Case number: EU25XXX
- We have a J1 / J2 visa. A daughter over 21 who is autistic and depends on us 100%. It is NOT on the list sent by family members to apply for the DV Green Card. His entry to the USA was with a J2 but in August 2020 he turned 21 years old, he was granted a change to B2 and we are pending an extension of the B2 so we do not have to leave the country until February.
- I have a sentence from a judge in the USA where he makes me guardian and custody of the girl.

Would there be any possibility or someone knows of a similar case to advance a Green Card processing and not have to wait to do it as F2B.

Thank you very much and good luck with the process.
Unfortunately, there is no provision in the law for special needs adult sons and daughters to be able to be derivatives on an immigrant visa case.

Separately, do not be surprised if the extension of the B2 is denied, which could cause you other issues.

Hello everyone, I have two uncertainties which I would like to discuss with you guys to hear different opinions.

My DV number is SA7XX, which I expect to be current in January but have the following situation:

I am currently on F1- OPT and my EAD card expires in February 2022. Since I was a STEM student, I will apply for the extension next month which extends my F1 Based EAD card for 2 more years (2024). Roughly estimating, I expect to receive the new card in January or February 2022.

1. Would you recommend form me to:
  • Wait until I receive my new EAD card before I send my AOS package? Keeping in mind that if I do not wait, I will send my application with a copy of my card expiring in February 2022.
  • Hurry things and send my package next month by doing early filling
  • Any other suggestion, facts to consider would be more than welcome
2. My current passport expires August 2022 which is something I am also keeping in behind my head, should this cause any issue in case August comes and I still don’t have my GC?

Thank you very much

Hello everyone, I have two uncertainties which I would like to discuss with you guys to hear different opinions.

My DV number is SA7XX, which I expect to be current in January but have the following situation:

I am currently on F1- OPT and my EAD card expires in February 2022. Since I was a STEM student, I will apply for the extension next month which extends my F1 Based EAD card for 2 more years (2024). Roughly estimating, I expect to receive the new card in January or February 2022.

1. Would you recommend form me to:
  • Wait until I receive my new EAD card before I send my AOS package? Keeping in mind that if I do not wait, I will send my application with a copy of my card expiring in February 2022.
  • Hurry things and send my package next month by doing early filling
  • Any other suggestion, facts to consider would be more than welcome
1. OPT based EAD card application and AOS application have no known effect on each other. You can send your AOS package as soon as you are eligible for based on the advance notification section of VB, as long as you have a valid status in US (considering early filling risks based on the spreadsheet etc. etc.). I would personally go ahead with my OPT extension, so that I don't file my AOS while on pending OPT and so that I don't endanger my valid status here regardless of GC.

2. I believe this answer best serves your question.

Last edited:
Hi,

For your Early Filing, do you mind to share what is your CN number? Just wanted to know why you took the risk to do the early filing

Read the AOS spreadsheet (link in the first post of this thread). It's for your own good and for understanding the process.
I went over it and read the comments about the early filing in the spreadsheet and even I read the memorandum about it, but I did not fully understand it, to be honest!

It seems I'm overthinking but...
Really stupid question about the application fee payment.

When we opened our bank accounts we didn't request personal checks books, because we didn't need them. In a very rare case when we needed a check (e. g. deposit for a lease) we used cashier's checks.

For the I-485 application fee we also use them. When I requested them from my bank the teller said that there's no enough space in the comment section to add for whom the application fee is paid. She told that I can add this information by hand. When I was writing a name of one of the checks I messed up (I'm very ashamed of it), corrected as good as I could, but now the writing is not clear (the fix is visible).
Later I visited the bank and a teller said that it's alright and the check will be still accepted.

But I still worry that the DHS has stricter rules. Am I really overthinking?

Thank you!

It seems I'm overthinking but...
Really stupid question about the application fee payment.

When we opened our bank accounts we didn't request personal checks books, because we didn't need them. In a very rare case when we needed a check (e. g. deposit for a lease) we used cashier's checks.

For the I-485 application fee we also use them. When I requested them from my bank the teller said that there's no enough space in the comment section to add for whom the application fee is paid. She told that I can add this information by hand. When I was writing a name of one of the checks I messed up (I'm very ashamed of it), corrected as good as I could, but now the writing is not clear (the fix is visible).
Later I visited the bank and a teller said that it's alright and the check will be still accepted.

But I still worry that the DHS has stricter rules. Am I really overthinking?

Thank you!
Are you talking about the Memo line, or the section for who the check is payable to? You should be fine if it is just the Memo line that got messed up.

1635462185204.png