• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Let's wait for our more experienced forum members to give us their feedback.
I know someone from 2021 dv lottery who got his green card who sent the translations together with originals in the same file.
Yes, lets see what Sussie will advise regarding sending translation as a same file with original document or as a different PDF file with added to file name _translation.pdf.
Simons advise shows that as a separate file but original email from KCC does not say anything about it.
thank you

Yes, lets see what Sussie will advise regarding sending translation as a same file with original document or as a different PDF file with added to file name _translation.pdf.
Simons advise shows that as a separate file but original email from KCC does not say anything about it.
thank you
Imo it makes sense to send in the same file. I’m sure this question has been discussed repeatedly here. Maybe someone should start a Google sheet going so people can keep track of who is DQ, what date DS260 Submitted, at what date DQ, and what they sent and was accepted/or what problem was if asked to resend, rather than people asking these same questions over and over again here?

Imo it makes sense to send in the same file. I’m sure this question has been discussed repeatedly here. Maybe someone should start a Google sheet going so people can keep track of who is DQ, what date DS260 Submitted, at what date DQ, and what they sent and was accepted/or what problem was if asked to resend, rather than people asking these same questions over and over again here?
Hi Susie, appreciate as always your quick response. Yes, I agree with you, many people sent documents already, they can write here how they did? The same PDF file with the Original file and Translation or translation was in a separate file? I think both should work but still will be nice to hear from people. My Opinion 1 file is the better choice since no point to send a separate PDF and name it differently. But if people using JPG format then every page (even translated few pages) has to be as a separate file since JPG can not combine several pages in one JPG.
Looking forward to hearing from people.
Thank You

Hi Susie, appreciate as always your quick response. Yes, I agree with you, many people sent documents already, they can write here how they did? The same PDF file with the Original file and Translation or translation was in a separate file? I think both should work but still will be nice to hear from people. My Opinion 1 file is the better choice since no point to send a separate PDF and name it differently. But if people using JPG format then every page (even translated few pages) has to be as a separate file since JPG can not combine several pages in one JPG.
Looking forward to hearing from people.
Thank You
Many people have already written in the forum what they did, that was my point about someone setting up a spreadsheet, because people keep asking the same questions here and apparently no one wants to go back looking through a hundred pages of posts to see who wrote what about the topic being asked about.

So looks like everyone agrees that translations need to be sent, it is just matters is in the same file or separate?

You can guess my native language is not English but I have interpreted this sentence differently:

All documents not in English, or in the official language of the country in which the application for a visa is being made, must be accompanied by certified translations

If documents are in English or the official language of the country in which the application is being made, they don't need to be translated.

So looks like everyone agrees that translations need to be sent, it is just matters is in the same file or separate?

You can guess my native language is not English but I have interpreted this sentence differently:

If documents are in English or the official language of the country in which the application is being made, they don't need to be translated.
They don’t need to be translated for the embassy (usually - you need to check embassy specific details as linked on the page as some do) but (1) many people here doubt that kCC will be able to accurately assess whether or not non-English documents are the correct ones, so out of caution they want to send the translations too (2) you’ll need the translations for many of those documents once in the US anyway.
Or a different way of looking it is: can it hurt/delay to send them? can it hurt/delay to not send them? In light of the answers to those questions, what makes the most sense to do?

IT ALL DEPENDS ON THE EMBASSY, I AM FROM VENEZUELA, OFFICIAL LANGUAGE SPANISH THE INTERVIEW IS IN BOGOTA COLOMBIA OFFICIAL LANGUAGE SPANISH, IN THEORY I DON'T NEED TO TRANSLATE THEM. BUT THE EMBASSY IN BOGOTA REQUESTS ALL CIVIL DOCUMENTS WITH OFFICIAL TRANSLATION.

Hello, this is what I entered in DV and DS-260

City of Birth: BOROVA
State/Province of Birth: KYIV REGION
Country/Region of Birth: UKRAINE

in the birth certificate, there is like this: village of Borova, Fastiv region, district of Kyiv.

Is that a mistake?

Sent my DS-260 on 18th of May - got document request last Friday 10/08/2021
It looks evident enough, to me, that the DS260 processing is proceeding by submission date, rather than CN.
So far May 18th is the maximum submission date we saw. CN is looking irrelevant
The no-backlog period (after which CN order is resumed) should have ended long time ago.

My 30th of July submittal is starting to look (to me) a late submittal, at this point.
I hope that the progress won't fall below 1 submittal day per each of the following coming days

Any additional clue/ideas in your opinion?

Document request : Aug 27th
Documents sent : Aug 30th
DS260 sent : May 21nd
Case number : AS008xx
VISA office : Montreal Canada

It is more than 6 weeks since I sent the documents and nothing has happened yet . Should I send a follow-up email to KCC ?

Document request : Aug 27th
Documents sent : Aug 30th
DS260 sent : May 21nd
Case number : AS008xx
VISA office : Montreal Canada

It is more than 6 weeks since I sent the documents and nothing has happened yet . Should I send a follow-up email to KCC ?
Is your Number current for October?
The reason I ask, since your VO is Montreal, trying to see any progress with Montreal...
are you in the DV2022 in Canada whatsup group?

Last edited:
Is your Number current for October?
The reason I ask, since your VO is Montreal, trying to see any progress with Montreal...
are you in the DV2022 in Canada whatsup group?
No I am not in the Whatapp group . Can you share the link ?
Also I could not get your first question

It looks evident enough, to me, that the DS260 processing is proceeding by submission date, rather than CN.
The no-backlog period (after which CN order is resumed) should have ended long time ago.

My 30th of July submittal is starting to look (to me) a late submittal, at this point.
I hope that the progress won't fall below 1 submittal day per each of the following coming days

My friend sent her ds-260 on 18 May, unlocked on August 16 and, sent her documents and got DQ last week. AF50xxx. I am patently waiting- my ds-260 was submitted on 24 May, resubmitted 26 August, submitted documents 1October, AF7xxx

Hello to everyone,

What we have understood so far is that ds260 is being processed by submission date.
So fare May 18th is the maximum submission date that we have seen.
Please let us know if any larger dates have been received Document Request in order to understand the process.

I am current for November, submitted ds260 in 22 June, now waiting for document request, I DID NOT send the documents.
In my opinion it is useless to send them because they will not be taken into account.
First they have to open the ds260 and then they send Document Request and then they process the documents.
So sending the documents it is useless because they will again ask you to send them!
We have to be patient, I wish you all luck!

Thank You!

My friend sent her ds-260 on 18 May, unlocked on August 16 and, sent her documents and got DQ last week. AF50xxx. I am patently waiting- my ds-260 was submitted on 24 May, resubmitted 26 August, submitted documents 1October, AF7xxx
Did you get request for sending documents?

I guess people are looking too much into the Submission date.

My opinion is that most of those who are interested enough to sign up to forums or groups online were excited enough to submit their DS-260 in the first few days.

So let's say the majority applied in the first few days after results came, it surely takes longer to process these, but those who applied later (June, july, august) are fewer in numbers and for that reason their applications will process quickly as the big bulk (those who applied early) have been already processed